New Penn | people near retirement

josie wales, it's obvious you really don't have a clue to how npme operates.
17 year npme dock combo, thank you. I think you maybe the one without the clue on this one. running the road at night term. to term. you may have lost touch with your brothers that work the dock and p&d. remember the strike in 94....wasn't one of the big issues then part timers!!!! okay don't tell me they won't find them or use them they have been trying to get them for the last 14 years

i've worked the dock forfirst 2-3 yrs. peddeled f0r about 6 yrs. going on 7 on the road. i remember 94 all about the rail and part timers. when i first started they had regular causuals working only sat. andcould set up nightbefore atwhat 16$ andhour, freight died an there went all the regular sat.causuals. when we started interlineing with reddaway and than bestaway, we were swamped couldnt find people willing to put up with bullsh$% for full time jobs, and used causuals at night to fill in.freight died so long causuals.they have been useing them for the last 14 yrs anyhow when freight dictated the use of them. to this day never have seen one bid dissolved because of the use of causual.they still have to use all bid men, extra board men prefered causuals trying to get hired before any4hr,14$ causuals can be worked. the way freight is now i dont see how any these 14$ guys will be seen on your dock or my dock anywere in the forseeable future.if you are a 17yr npme dock-combo man, my appolgies, you do know how npme operates. not always in a way that makes us happy.but we are stil the best in the business at what we do, and all that try to copy us still cant do it over night , daily like we do, even non-union carriers with less cost structure.we all have to work, i'm glad to work for a company that still knows how to make a profit-nobody else in regional group is-no matter how the times have changed over the years,we have adapted and still continue to move on. i would rather be unhappy maybe 1-2 times a week at npme than haveing them fold up and starting all over again some where else.