People Need to Eat

Hi Racer,

I know this is old, but the impact has been felt by us, with more folks eating in, we see a decrease in case count and the restaurants see a decrease in revenue, food cost keeps going up and that gets past on to the most important person, the customer, even today folks aren't eating out as much. Tulsa has alot of old money, the chain restaurants are seeing an increase, that being the fancy chains, not the fast food chains.

When I visit a customer I try and make it a nice experience for them, I know they are expecting the best, so I try and give them that, after all, they try and give the end customer the same thing.

Me and mine cook at home more than we would like to, but thats the way it is now, I would like to visit the places I deliver alot more, I do support them as much as I can.

I would like to part with one piece of advice...if your server is good, tip 30%, especially if you frequent the place, if service is bad, at least 10% and have a talk with the mgr., clean up after yourself, I try and make it as easy on my server as I can when I'm done. There is a bit of a code with them and if I make their life easier, they will remember me, if I tip them well, they will remember me, I will get the best of the best next time through. Trust me on this, servers will beat a host half to death if they seat a customer they like somewhere else.

Thanks Racer for putting this post up.

Food for thought.