Central Transport | People quitting !!!

Yes, ballsout, the thread started with people quitting. I believe that WOULD be the topic here. How does it affect MY paycheck??? Well, the more people who quit, the more work there is to do so, to that end, I have more hours at the end of the week. That means I have a little more in the bank. Do you have anymore difficult questions about this thread? Feel free to ask.

people quitting

lets keep track of how many people are quitting at their respective terminals. feel free to mention a state -- but i would suggest not mentioning the Hub.
2 dockworkers left and filled for unemployment. both of those guys have a lot of expeirance and are going on several interviews each week. AND BOTH ARE ENJOYING UNEMPLOYMENT.
1 driver left

anybody else care to comment ?:grouphug:

we have had 3 or 4 pd drivers quit over the last few weeks new hires dont show up we never had any problem as vitran to get good driver but now the move with pjax we cant get anyone in my oponion pjax was the bottom of the barrel no ot until 45 vitran was after 40 personal day pjax 3 vitran 4 top pay pjax 22.?? vitran 23.34 (thats mine ) pjax pay 2 weeks behind vitran 1 week not to mention furneral leave pjaxs parents an siblin vitran included aunts uncles grandparents etc so the point iam makeing is when your on the bottm of the barrel thats what we will get

the line haul drivers at my terminal are losing a nites pay under the new runs. one of the lower drivers is being cut to 1800 miles a week. at 43 cents a mile that pay sucks. plus he has the family insurance plan and says he will be lucky to clear
$350 a week after the insurance comes out.

Got that one beat: at my term we have 4 bids to indy/return(1410 mi. wkly +10-12 hrs. docktime);4 bids to toledo(1010 mi. wkly + 10-12 hrs. dock) both at .413cpm minus your ins. plan. and taxes. These guys will qualify for food stamps and have the pleasure of working a full time job. Even one of our legacy drivers has to cancel his insurance to feed his 3 kids. NOW do you understand why people have to quit???

So people are quitting? This is a topic of discussion? How does affect your job? How does this affect your paycheck?

It does not affect anyone. It just gives the lazy miserable folks another reason to complain. I would think that if so many of their co-workers are leaving then they would be able to as well. Although, when I think about it, most of the major complainers could not get hired anywhere else. Just wait until things get better and they can attract more people. The cry babies will be singing the blues beause they have been fired for being the type of employees that they are.

If were not so hard up for drivers there are two or three p&d at my place I wish they could let go rather than others quitting due to spreading the hours around, they just plane do not earn their keep, but that is what happens when your lips are glued to a manager's behind.

This topic directly impacts my pay. When so many drivers quit Vitran will have to raise pay to get good drivers...or any drivers . In economics class it is called the law of supply and demand.

...the more drivers who quit above me gives me more seniority which gives me better bids. After working at Vitran less than two years I had 26 drivers under me on this last bid. Of course not all of that was people quoting. Some of that was growth. The point is seniority, at least to me, is very important.

And it's not like people were not leaving anyway, that is everywhere, but I think this thread was started based on an increase with the changes that people are not agreeing with

especially if they dwindle the o.t. down to nothing, it will make the transition to another job that much easier. drivers are tired of crap equipment, sub par office employees and garbage accounts. then you take the o.t. away and screw with the pay, that's a recipe for disaster.

Very few get overtime at my place anymore anyway, a LOT of us came here due to extra money for extra hours, then you take the 250 to 300 a week for working 55 to 57 hours every week away, whatta expect, now it is not any better than other P&D shops, so yes, why put up with their problems

they'll really start putting the screws to us during fall & winter time, when work drops and it's harder to find a job. right now they have to bite their tongue (2 wk pay period delay) because of all the changes they're implementing, heavy work load and vacations. it will be towards the end of the year when they have everything under control, then the payroll b.s. will go in effect along with other stuff they have up their sleeve.

how about retirement
we have had 3 or 4 pd drivers quit over the last few weeks new hires dont show up we never had any problem as vitran to get good driver but now the move with pjax we cant get anyone in my oponion pjax was the bottom of the barrel no ot until 45 vitran was after 40 personal day pjax 3 vitran 4 top pay pjax 22.?? vitran 23.34 (thats mine ) pjax pay 2 weeks behind vitran 1 week not to mention furneral leave pjaxs parents an siblin vitran included aunts uncles grandparents etc so the point iam makeing is when your on the bottm of the barrel thats what we will get

one linehaul driver quit and another hired last week. the driver said with the run he is going to get starting tomorrow, that he would barely be able pay his bills. Funny enough i'm pretty sure he went to fred ex... a couple of the other linehaul drivers who started over the last three months feel the same way. with linehaul being overhauled some of the new runs wont pay enough.
PROBLEM SOLVED == DOCK WORK FOR THOSE SHORT RUNS... welcome to the new Pitran

Most, not all, some runs are still long enough there just isn't time in a day, a few, but some
Most are finding they are sitting for hours with the new runs, a lot went over ( hours )the first few days. Hopefully, corporate gets the bugs worked out soon, before there is a rush for the exits...

Well i know down here in the south, people are falling off more and more everyday. Atl, brm, nas, knx, mem, mob, mon, cht, jac, all are havong trouble filling their bid sheets, and when they do, another one will leave and then the t.m's will have to move people around. Come on guys, did you really think this new bid was going to be any differnt from the other ones? Lol and if you did, make sure the next time u get a random drug test dropped on u, find some clean ****, cuz ur smokin some good *****