people think Trump is unfit for the presidency,

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I understand that, Brother,........and the point I was trying to make was that the Clintons have been under some sort of Congressional investigation since the early '90's,........approximately 9 all told through the Benghazi/e-mail flap,...........and,.....even though there is a long-standing visceral emnity against the Clintons by a very large group of Senators, Congressmen, talk-show hosts, whole news organizations, various grass-roots advocacy groups,.....( .....and when I say visceral emnity,....I mean many numbers of those above-named groups would literally like to see her severed head on a pike paraded down Pennsylvania Avenue.........Literally.....),............all the granite-faced hatred and law enforcement capability at the disposal of that hatred......(JUSTIFIED OR NOT).............hasn't produced so much as a misdemeanor conviction for Mrs. Clinton.

I guess many people take it for granted that the Clintons have some sort of vast apparatus in place to keep them from being prosecuted for their.........alleged .....crimes. Makes for a great talking point on talk radio.........

I don't swallow that. You can't tell me that there are that many bumbling, easliy-bought boobs in America's law enforcement community,....that a scandalous apparatus of that vast scale could exist for so many years,......merely to further the private agenda of two Arkansas rubes.....That would be a baseless slander to the FBI, the CIA, the NSA,....and any other law enforcement agency sworn to uphold the laws of this nation....

So,....I apply common sense,.....and the only answer that common sense provides,.....is that the visceral animosity toward the Clintons was the driving force behind witch hunts based on opinions rather than facts............(Fact: Neither her or Bill are in jail, despite 30+ years of Congressional investigations....)( Fact: The United States Law Enforcement community is the world's best trained, most technologically advanced law enforcement organization in the world.)( Fact: Withholding evidence from a Congressional Grand Jury is a crime in itself,....and the Clintons seem to have more enemies than friends,...ergo: more people willing to testify...)

Common sense says that most,...if not all,...of the charges made against her are based on hatred of her perceived philosophy,.........instead of facts. Basically , people dislike her,......Hell, I'm not so fond of her myself,......so much that they raise opinions to the level of Federal charges,......and then "fish" to find something chargeable.....Anything.....

She is patently unlikeable,......To me , a little too smug and comfortable to understand the problems of day-to-day working people......

But,.....it is NOT a crime in this country to be unlikeable,......Personal opinions can't put a person in jail, like they do in Third World nations. We have a due process of law,..........even for smug, sanctimonious, arrogant, wealthy, meddling scolds............

Magoo and pilot87 like this.
  2. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

maybe they should stop breaking the law or doing things that are inappropriate

Northern Flash likes this.
  3. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I get what your saying and I will add that your wording it very well. You can't define the Clintons as two rubes from Arkansas, people from both parties credit Bill as being one of the master politicians we have had like him or not. Hillary has been in government forever. You don't get to the heights they have by not knowing most of the players and in some cases having people in power in debt to you. I would agree some of the allegations are witch hunts that are brought on by their own doing.
    I'll make a point that I think you will agree with, the laxed handling during investigations of her and the Clinton foundation or lack of investigations in some cases is partly what caused her loss. Her history in these scandals or accusations made her appear to be above the law to many voters. And the repulsiveness of her that exists is mainly because of responses during them.

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Yep. Flooding ANY market with too many workers being available, brings down wages because there is no demand for employees. Anyone who doesn't understand this simple fact is clueless.
    Why would any employer raise wages when they have stacks of applications sitting there, where people will work for your current wage offerings.......or less.

5. Northern Flash

And occasionally you even need to have some of them "commit suicide" by shooting themselves in the back of the head before they get a chance to speak.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. Northern Flash

Good. Because that's where she belongs, and most people know it.

The investigations on her always end up stalling out due to politics and her stonewalling tactics. The facts that qualify her for incarceration are always laying right in front of us, and the rest of us would be locked up for what she's done, but she gets to skate because we have a two tiered justice system. The Clintons have the right connections to make all of this stuff go away.

Because of a bunch of cowards in the Republican party and the media being in her pocket, it would get blown off as no big deal.
    But just let it be Trump........even with no evidence, and that's an entirely different situation.

jimmy g likes this.
  7. Northern Flash

The Clintons and Obama surround themselves with people who are extremely loyal to them, and they know better than to ever betray them. They could easily end up "committing suicide" for crossing them.

Sounds like the left against Trump. With Trump, it's nothing more than allegations and accusations, with Hillary there is lots of evidence, it's just that nobody wants to destroy her legacy, and the Democrat crooks are exempt from indictment.

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

You might want to go back and re-read the articles then, because I can make the connection between Hillary and the Uranium deal in a New York second. You must also want to ignore the massive "donations" to the Clinton Foundation that came from the Russians right afterwords also. Sorry, but I'm not willing to ignore that connection.......and Bills bloated speaking fees that came immediately afterwords from the Russians.
    Keep those blinders on if you choose to, that's fine.

jimmy g likes this.
  9. Northern Flash

And her getting kickbacks from the Russians afterwards makes it easy to connect the dots.
    She's a crooked politician and that's also why she has been put out to pasture.

jimmy g likes this.
  10. Northern Flash

Negligence defines a mistake. When you get financial kickbacks, that's called crooked.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

So you love the crooked Clintons, we get that. But the rest of us see how crooked she is. That's why she got her ass handed to her in the election against Trump.

jimmy g likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

Please explain to us why Russia would immediately donate tens of millions of dollars to the Clinton Crime Family Foundation after the deal went through. And why would the Russians pay Bill Clinton DOUBLE the normal speaking fee?

How did Hillary's brother end up with one of the few mining contracts in Haiti......right after Bill Clinton went there for "aid" to Haiti?

jimmy g likes this.
  13. Northern Flash

The FBI has already proven to the American people that ANYONE can be kept quiet. Those agents have sat back silently while Obama was in office and watched the credibility of their agency go up in smoke. So don't tell me that the long arm of the Clinton's can't do the same thing when it comes to keeping people quiet.

jimmy g likes this.
  14. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Thank you.

Although I disagree about lax investigations. I think they were very thorough...........all 9 of them. In fact,....as recently as the last election,..didn't Mr. Comey, who had chased down every possible lead imaginable in the E-mail/ private server "scandal", and had actually run out of options to press charges because none of her actions had risen to the level of an indictable crime.....(an investigation, if you remember, that had played out in the press very openly for the two years prior to the 2016 campaign...)............at the most inopportune time for the Clinton campaign, just prior to the election,......re-open the E-mail investigation on the slim chance that there MAY be a forgotten classified E-mail or two that MAY have inadvertantly gotten on Anthony Weiner's personal computer?,.........

Boy , that Mr. Comey is nothing if not thorough........Elections and politics be damned in his quest for Justice, right?

I think her smugness,....which may be the sanctimonious righteousness of a person who knew she had nothing to hide,.........is actually what caused her loss,.....and that sanctimonious smugness was portrayed as her feeling she was above the law in the various Anti-Clinton media outlets.

Anyone that has dealt with politics,...even at a local level,.....know that any tactic,....moral, immoral, half-right, or completely false,.........is always justified at the winning of elections. Lyndon Johnson was a master at innuendo, and he realized that if you told people what they WANTED to hear about a candidate,.....no matter how preposterous,...or how much it flew in the face of common sense,.......people would believe it, and if he won, he would never have to explain it.

Richard Nixon was even worse about making his opposition look bad. If you get a chance, read "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72", by Hunter S. Thompson. Probably the finest book written about the dirty tricks used behind the scenes to sway public opinion.

And,...in this day of Facebook and faux news sources, and "instant" scandals,......public perception,........right or wrong.......wins elections....

I wouldn't go so far as say "repulsive",........."Distasteful", maybe........But I can understand people thinking she is repulsive.....

Keepingon and Magoo like this.
  15. Northern Flash

James Comey laid out the full and perfect case for indictment, but he was too much in bed with the Democrats to actually indict her. Another reason why she lost.
    We all saw it

jimmy g likes this.
  16. Northern Flash

Hillary is the perfect politician though. She lied with a straight face and never batted an eye....... multiple times.

jimmy g likes this.
  17. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

i would add that some of her "smugness" no doubt comes from the defensive nature she developed from so many attacks the both of them went through. Someone always wants to make a name for themselves by trying to criminalize them. Look at the numbnut President Trump how he attacked her and Obama. Thats was just shameful.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Ethel Rosenberg was executed for FAR LESS than Hillary's crimes. Hillary is a Traitor, guilty of the Espionage Act. Lock Her Up!!!!

19. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

I think Mr. Comey had himself confused with Mr. Hoover and tried to play both sides to keep his position.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Comey is was always will be a snarky sneaky Democrat...