people think Trump is unfit for the presidency,

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I think the Christopher Steele( Retired MI6 agent) dossier was originally financed by a Republican group in the early part of the primary process that was loosely formed as an "Anyone But Trump" campaign. When it became apparent that Mr. Trump was the nominee,......that group sold the information contained in the dossier to various Democratic operatives.

The dossier contains information stretching back several years, The only problem is that the FBI, or the CIA never took it serious or tried to verify the information in the dossier. They did report the existence of the file to then President Obama about a month prior to the election. Mr. Obama, to his credit, never tried to verify the salacious allegations in the file through the intelligence community. I think,.......my opinion,......that Mr. Obama was trying to stay out of the slanderous mud-pit of accusations of treason, and false rumors of prostitution rings run out of pizza parlors,......that were being made by one candidate against another.

(Guess who was making the unfounded allegations and slanderous rumors......)

You threw me for a loop for a second. You mean Fusion GPS. I'd agree with you that it seems to be one of many, many, "investgative" firms that hang around Washington offering to get scandalous dirt on any opponent,.....as long as you have the cash to pay for it.

But, since President Obama was aware of this....file, along with the FBI, well before election night,....and chose not to use any unfounded information in it,.......it will be interesting to see,......now that there's some sort of a remote "tie-in" to the Russian scandal,.......who, exactly initiated the dossier,.....and whether there's any sort of verifiable information in it.

Kind of like the Benghazi/e-mail scandal.............

Magoo likes this.
  2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Hillary was such a bad candidate that she lost in the primaries to a guy that wasn't qualified for the county dog catcher position.

Bubba74 and jimmy g like this.
  3. Northern Flash

The American people don't care about any of that crap, since none of it affects their lives or our present situation. And since none of it will change anything going forward, nobody cares.

4. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Are you calling Americans simple minded nose pickers?

5. Magoo

Those people speak like lawyers so you need to listen like one.

6. Magoo

What i heard in the news is a bit different.
    Several big newspapers like the NYT and WP said what they did look into to verify was true for the most part and very accurate.
    They said there was many things they could not look into because its secret material held by the Russian government so impossible to verify all of it.
    So when this guy you quote "Bass" says none of it can be verified he's blowing smoke

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It was Burr, the head of the committee that you praised, that I quoted. So which part of his same statement was blowing smoke? The part you liked, or the part you hated? I didnt hear WaPo- I heard HIM.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I do.

9. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are getting sick of the sense of entitlement that has taken over in this country
    and that was one bink that felt she was really entitled

10. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Sen. Richard Burr (R) N.C. said that they "hit a wall" in trying to verify information contained in the dossier because the author Christopher Steele refuses to meet with them and confirm who initially paid for the compilation of the dossier.

Both him and Sen. Warner (D) Va.,....co-chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee,.....agree that Russian hacking and mis-information "did not end with the 2016 election". They both said that Russians have employed similar tactics in the Netherlands, France and Germany, and that they are likely to try these tactics again in the 2018 Congressional elections.

They have a Nov. 1 meeting scheduled with Facebook, Twitter , Google, and other social media operators to discuss how Russia disseminates information through these sites. Sen. Warner thinks it's important for Americans to know if social media content is being sponsored by Russia. I think so, too,......and so should anyone who gets their...."news"...primarily from the Internet.

Everyone agrees on the social media disinformation by Russia,......the only question now is whether there was collusion with the Trump campaign.

There are three Congressional committees and the Mueller investigation going on now.

Magoo likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

No. That only applies to those suckling on the Govt's teat.

12. Northern Flash

They made it perfectly clear that there was no evidence. And those people were all Democrat/Obama lovers. So clearly there is nothing for them to go on, so they moved on.

13. Northern Flash

There is no evidence of Trump colluding, so that money needs to stop getting wasted. It's an investigation looking for a crime. Want proof? They are searching records from a decade ago, which has absolutely nothing to do with the 2016 election.

What we do have proof of is that Obama was meddling in Israel's election. That is where an investigation has a base to get started. Why isn't there any interest from the left in this investigation?
    Oh, that's right......that was committed by their boy.

jimmy g likes this.
  14. Magoo

It's a real shame what this nation is going through right now. Just not enough to say I never seen anything like this guy, but the truth is nobody has.
    I hope it doesn't get too rough, these hints he's been dropping about war ought to worry all of us.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  15. Magoo

Don't worry I'm confident your going to get your moneys worth.:438:

16. Magoo

Oh jeeze look whos talking
    Ken Starr forecasts indictments in Russia probe
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ken-starr-forecasts-indictments-in-russia-probe/article/2636856

Starr: Given what we do know, especially given what happened this summer with respect to the FBI's intrusion into Paul Manafort's condominium, in light of the revelations that we've seen about Gen. Flynn, I have a sense that there will in fact be indictments," Starr said on CNN.

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

He's Prez, because you gave us Obama and Hillary. No other reason.

Bubba74 likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Of Flynn and Manafort. Neither is in the Trump Administration. Hopefully, also, indictments of Hillary, but won't, since Mueller has a staff full of Hillary Donors.

19. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Gotta love the snowflake playbook, rehash all the whiny arguments from 6 months ago, rinse, repeat. Was anyone shocked when we got the thread started by a certain worthless bum titled people think trump is unfit for the presidency. I know I wasnt.

jimmy g and Northern Flash like this.
  20. Magoo

Trump thinks he can pardon himself.
    If I were those two I'd take the deal offered, because Trump may not be their to pardon them.
    When one of them comes out and tells the whole story we can get this mess cleaned up.