Estes | Peoplenet being replaced?

Same system the drivers on the other threads are talking about? Are they going to put in driver facing cameras as well? A lot of the old timers may go ahead and retire and possibly lose some young ones as well. Reading the other threads it sounds invasive on some privacy issues as well as possible legal problems.

Looks like if samsara or Estes violates the bida laws each driver violated may have a lawsuit against them. Seems several companies their insurance wont cover these bio metric contraptions, but Estes is self insured and has deep pockets. Look on line in your state and there are several law firms with advertisements in this field. May come a time when you may have to retain one.

I hope it won’t come to driver facing. From what I understand, PeopleNet was over the operation of the “real time shipment tracking” package that was offered to the customers to type in their pro and see where it was at any time in transit. Supposedly PeopleNet discarded that operation and it was a selling point that was important to Estes. Along with the other usual problems PeopleNet had.

Southeastern recently switched to Samsara with only outward facing cameras and I haven’t heard of any uproars there so I’m hoping we will be ok here.

These AI inward cameras I read about are something I personally won’t stand for.

Does anyone know what Estes is going to replace people net with? I heard they are getting a new system.
I'm sure it's going to be another piece of sh** except worse. Every time they change something or come up with something new it turns out worse. They need to get rid of the f***ing tablets too. Why do we need the emojis and all that bull****? The letters and numbers are way too small it's f***ing rediculous. Brandon could have done a better job at designing the pnet and tablet.

I'm sure it's going to be another piece of sh** except worse. Every time they change something or come up with something new it turns out worse. They need to get rid of the f***ing tablets too. Why do we need the emojis and all that bull****? The letters and numbers are way too small it's f***ing rediculous. Brandon could have done a better job at designing the pnet and tablet.
You are nuts if you think every change they make is worse. This outfit is leagues and bounds ahead of what it was, especially as far as technology goes.

I hope it won’t come to driver facing. From what I understand, PeopleNet was over the operation of the “real time shipment tracking” package that was offered to the customers to type in their pro and see where it was at any time in transit. Supposedly PeopleNet discarded that operation and it was a selling point that was important to Estes. Along with the other usual problems PeopleNet had.

Southeastern recently switched to Samsara with only outward facing cameras and I haven’t heard of any uproars there so I’m hoping we will be ok here.

These AI inward cameras I read about are something I personally won’t stand for.
Loop,we had ours installed Fri, outward facing, system supposed to be faster and more efficient,

Looks like if samsara or Estes violates the bida laws each driver violated may have a lawsuit against them. Seems several companies their insurance wont cover these bio metric contraptions, but Estes is self insured and has deep pockets. Look on line in your state and there are several law firms with advertisements in this field. May come a time when you may have to retain one.
Dude get out of here with this conspiracy theory nonsense.

Well, they are changing it precisely because peoplenet sucks. What emojis are you talking a out? Also, get some glasses, the letters are fine.