PeopleNet logs

Discussion in 'Frito-Lay' started by Matt, May 11, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

It's a good system that we have now BUT why is it so damn hard to find out where your at on your 70 hrs ?
    Navigation sucks bad. All the pay components are tough to look at when your trip is over.
    Ok maybe the system sucks :)

2. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I used PeopleNet for 2.5 years, it takes some getting used to, XATA was the same thing when I went to Sysco, I wouldn't have it any other way, I hope I never see a paper log again ;)

3. cryotruck

cryotruck Member

Hit "Home" (Top upper left), the "log" (on some screens it will say E driver logs). The inspection screen should pop up and then on the left of screen should be a 7 day button. You can then scroll back through each day manually if you wish.

4. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Well I just did that and sumabitch I don't have enough hours for tonight's run ! FML I have a Joplin bid and my trailers being relayed to me from Topeka.. **** !!!

5. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

So you got a bid Matt? Thats great, but your out of Topeka....you lost me...also what does FML mean? I have seen it before, just never knew.

6. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

F@*k my life - FML tell ya about the bid in a few

7. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Ok here it goes
    We have set runs that go all over. Some are layover runs. We probably have 50+ set runs that we bid on for so many months at a time. These set runs will run till September.
    On layover runs we stay close to one of our PEC centers (or try to) and a senior driver or a owner operator will bring us our second day trailer while we are at the hotel

So what my run is. Saturday I run down to Joplin area. (Miami, Grove, Fayetteville, Lowell, Springfield.. ETC are considered Joplin area) so I drive from Topeka and unload drop my trailer at Joplin PEC center bobtail to hotel. In a perfect world my 2nd trailer is there right after my 10 is up (LOL) that's the theory anyway. Unload 2nd trailer and go home. So what I work is Saturday/ Sunday. Off Monday. Work Tuesday and Wednesday off Thursday and Friday.
    Clear as mud ? :)

8. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Makes perfect sense to me Matt, I'm glad you got something steady, that way you will know when you will be off with your family, you can plan stuff a little better now, I know how much the wife and kiddos mean to you.

9. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

It's nice not living by the phone

10. JRut

JRut Member

I love reading these frito threads. I plan on moving back down to Houston in August. The traffic center down there always has a position open for OTR driver. I really want it!!! But I don't want to move without having a job lined up first. It says you must live 30 miles away. I'm 200 miles away right now so I'm scared if I apply they will just throw my application out since I'm not 30 miles away (yet).

11. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Just put that you live close and explain that your moving to town

12. JRut

JRut Member

Ok I will, thanks. I just hope that doesn't keep me from getting an interview. That sounds like a job I'd really like to have. Double what i'm making now.

13. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Good luck. I know for me it did double my pay. Hope that's the same for you down south. I think I'm pretty lucky to be from such a large traffic center.

14. ziper

ziper Member

so you peddle and unload 4 to 6 trailers week ,you are lucky beer boy!!

15. Matt

Matt Supah truckah

Actually I am. Finally have a job to brag about. Haven't had one of those since USFDugan

16. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

The money would be nice. But at the same time family and being home is more important to me then making alot of money