Pepsi Fort Worth Union Vote

mlang216

TB Lurker
Credits
First Coke voted down the union here in Fort Worth, then Pepsi Fort Worth petitioned.

The union wanted to systematically organize Pepsi instead of all at once. First it was the sales reps.

That got voted down 22-15 tonight. That movement might be over.

22-15 isn't a very big margin. 15 folks thought they needed outside representation, 22 guys thought they could handle their own business. I hope those 22 guys were right, for the sake of all the sales reps.

22-15 isn't a very big margin. 15 folks thought they needed outside representation, 22 guys thought they could handle their own business. I hope those 22 guys were right, for the sake of all the sales reps.

I'll tell you this. One of the sales managers was suspended during the period before the vote for being "rude." That's what I was told. I used to work there, and I hope the management was humbled by this, because they were very vindictive when I was there.

I'll tell you this. One of the sales managers was suspended during the period before the vote for being "rude." That's what I was told. I used to work there, and I hope the management was humbled by this, because they were very vindictive when I was there.

They were either humbled or it grew their ego even more. Being vindictive is in peoples nature when they are put in positions of power, thats my experience anyhow.

They were either humbled or it grew their ego even more. Being vindictive is in peoples nature when they are put in positions of power, thats my experience anyhow.
Probably the 2nd. They see it as a win, and are hoping that the 15 who voted yes either quit or get pushed out the door before it crops up again.
Of the 22 who voted against the union some were truly against it for whatever reason but some were probably just as fed up as the 'yes' voters, they were just scared of the unknown. Companies really turn up the heat in the last couple of weeks before an election, tough to get a fair vote when they spend 30min each morning telling you about the horrors that await if you vote yes.
We had over 75% sign cards but only 65% voted yes.

At least you got it done Lazlo, I would flat refuse to work here if it weren't for the union, I praise my local every day I go to work!!