R&L | personal day and 4ok

tagalong37

TB Lurker
Credits
just told by chicago they post a leter in the driver room as of now no more personal day if you got them you don't now ...they r not putting in to 4ok .. did anyone else see the letter:ranting2:

:TR10driving03:its just the tip of the iceberg.we can buy freight brokers, we can buy truck lines, corporate jets (rumor),helicopters, got to be enough for pulling tractors, and nascar, and new corporate cars,and buying terminals, and worn out old line haul tractors,but they have a new paint job.plenty of money for those items, but not for the drivers.zimmerman is taking us down, and the roberts are letting him.

wtf? ive being saving my personals days for the holidays in december so i can fill up the day after the 25 in case we get to stay home.
so i dont have those personal days no more or is starting next year?

They are gone as of now is what I was told. So if you had them you lost them. I have been saying this all along people check my post's this is only the begining.

yes it was posted in our term when i got home from pd run tonight this company use to be great place sad the s@@@ going on last few yrs we no better than the rst guys and it going to get worse i am afraid:TR10driving03::ranting2:

Safety Bonus

We had a meeting this morning with our terminal manager and he read a letter from the president of the company and safety bonus will not be touched this year, who knows what can happen next year

just wondering if anyone has heard anything about our safety bonus? bet we dont get it either

Today after we were told that we lost the sick days and the company 401k contributions,our T.M sarcasticly told us that our safety bonuses were still good if we earned them.Then he turned around and told us that ohio Mr. (********) Zimmermans letterhead,says that we now have another numbers crunch thingymagingy.Supposevly when we clear with dispatch at the end of the day,we have to be punched out by a certain time.The equation goes somethin like this.....35 mile an hour average to get back to the terminal and 20min. to punch out once we go thru the guard gate.Dont take into account if theres an accident(in miami palmetto expressway is rush hour from 4oopm till like 700pm)if the shop is backed up like it normally is,if frieght needs to be unstrapped,if we need fuell,and our post trip which we get reminded on every safety meeting.all of it has be done in 20minutes or we're in the ::shit:: list report!Another great monday morning meeting!!!

Talked to GI (estes driver) they lost there personal days and 401k last friday also. It sucks for everybody these days. The only good thing for us out west is we gained so much when rl bought its not so bad giving a little back some us got a instant 6 dollar raise when we went to rl scale and much better benefits.

Go through gate and complete safety lane and back into door on average 5-10 minutes.Lock up pallet jack,unhook trailer 5-10 minutes,Park tractor and let idle the mandatory 3 minutes to prevent Turbo damage as specified on your sun visor 5 minutes.The walk from your tractor to window,wait for all DR's to be checked in and then punch out 10 minutes. That doesn't even include fueling tractor. If someone can do all that in 20 minutes I want to see it. Maybe the guy who came up with that idea can come to our terminal and train us in how to do it that quick. As for losing personal days those guys couldn't even wait til the first of the year. Some kinda descrimination law must apply since some guys have already gotten paid some and some guys haven't used any!!! No class act running company now boys. Should free up enough money to be more of a primary sponsor on race cars now..

yes it was posted in our term when i got home from pd run tonight this company use to be great place sad the s@@@ going on last few yrs we no better than the rst guys and it going to get worse i am afraid:TR10driving03::ranting2:
Don't forget we just went through the toughest times we will ever see in our life time. The problem I have is the economy is turning around or so i've been told. If we've stayed afloat this long and making money then why are they taking things away???? WHY because every LTL carrier is doing it and getting away with it. So the big question is what next:nutkick:? No raise again or even a pay cut, insurance increase, vacation cut. Oh well guess we should be glad we're working :shift:

Office staff here in Wil was advised of the benefit reductions this morning. Stopping 401k contributions is common these days, and I'm not surprised that R&L did it. I've never seen personal days wiped out like that though - seems like those with them available should be able to take them or have them bought back by the company.

Ironically, I heard from a Conway driver from the neighboring Hillsboro terminal that they are getting half of their pay cut back, along with their 401K in January. Hopefully R&L will restore the benefits soon as well...

if we are supposedly operating at a 95% ratio we are still making money. this looks like pure greed to me and will take this once great company to the grave. surely the roberts dont want this do they? we have to have some wooden stakes for the corporate vampires that have moved in at wilmington.

yea this is all sad but true, and the word is that our vacations and safety bonuses are next. Just thought I'd throw that out there so we can all have something to look forward to in 2010, keep doing a good job ( speeding, asking for one more shipment) you know stuff like that. sorry about the sarcasm but this is really getting crazy, but not once have we heard that the Roberts are going to pull out of Nascar, tractor pulls and i bet the R&L bowl is still on.:sombrero2:

Just a slight correction on the Conway givebacks. We do get half of the 5% paycut back in Jan. but no addition to our 401k. We currently get a 3% match. (P.S. our ins. is going up a few dollars starting in Jan.)

yea this is all sad but true, and the word is that our vacations and safety bonuses are next. Just thought I'd throw that out there so we can all have something to look forward to in 2010, keep doing a good job ( speeding, asking for one more shipment) you know stuff like that. sorry about the sarcasm but this is really getting crazy, but not once have we heard that the Roberts are going to pull out of Nascar, tractor pulls and i bet the R&L bowl is still on.:sombrero2:

2009 was last year of nascar contract

how bout we sponser me in 2010. I will wear R&L sign on front and back of my shirt 24/7. And I will do this for a small sponsership fee of 100k per year for the next 5 years. In addition to this, I will deliver all the freight that is put on my truck AND pick up all freight that I am dispatched to. I think R&L will be getting a great deal of advertising and I will be happy with the compensation package. So its a win/win situation for all parties. What do you think Bob? Do we have a deal?