Yellow | Personal Vehicle UPS jobs have to join union ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
AZDzAhd.jpg

Saw this job ad in the paper and so do they have to join Union ? They we be doing union work right ?

pgc7hZO.jpg

About The Package Division
The Division serves more than 250,000 members throughout the United States who work at UPS and UPS Freight. UPS is the single largest employer in the Teamsters Union. The Division is responsible for ensuring that management abides by the UPS and UPS Freight National Master Agreements. The UPS contract is the largest collective bargaining agreement in North America. The Division represents UPS package car drivers, air drivers, feeder drivers, part-time loaders, unloaders, sorters and clerks. It also represents more than 12,000 UPS Freight drivers and dockworkers, and 1,300 workers at UPS Cartage Services Inc.

Director: Denis Taylor

Relax! Brother Taylor and the IBT Package Division are closely "monitoring the situation"!

:wtflol:

Saw this job ad in the paper and so do they have to join Union ? They we be doing union work right ?
Hoffa says that they can do whatever they want, no problem. "Must be 18", should narrow down their pool of eligible candidates but at least their gender identity friendly. :wee:

Forget the union question. I want to know how much per mile that they pay for the car expense on top of the wage? And if they don't pay for mileage the sucker that takes that job deserves everything he gets, good or bad. Please tell me someone would not take that pay which is about 5 bucks an hour less after taxes, then pay all his costs to operate said car & have money to pay the bills. Welfare pays better that that. von.

Point here is that Hoffa & Union only care about getting monthly DUE money , so here is there chance to get some mo-money $$$$

This is an actual indication that there is a shortage of workers. It wasn't all that long ago that they had signs reminiscent of political signs planted all over the place, at all of the busy intersections advertising $8.50/hr for drivers' helpers. I believe that that's better than ABF dockworker and all they have to do is..."Take the box, put it there".

Forget the union question. I want to know how much per mile that they pay for the car expense on top of the wage? And if they don't pay for mileage the sucker that takes that job deserves everything he gets, good or bad. Please tell me someone would not take that pay which is about 5 bucks an hour less after taxes, then pay all his costs to operate said car & have money to pay the bills. Welfare pays better that that. von.

I read somewhere that they also pay mileage - something in the 50 cent/mile range if I remember correctly.

Nature called... be honest now, how many of you have done a tire check to make sure there was no leaks when nature called?

We had a guy actually get caught and had to have the Union go to bat to keep his job...