Personalized Distribution Service in Eighty Four, PA closed

Washboard

TB Lurker
Credits
Not sure if anyone other than Double R has heard of this place, but they were a Wendy's distributor. Tractors are gone and the trailers are lined up on the side of the building.

WOW!!
This where I got my start in Foodservice.
Eighty Four company to close doorsAn Eighty Four company has notified the state Department of Labor & Industry it will permanently close before the end of the year.Personalized Distribution Systems Inc., at 12 Eighty Four Drive, said in a letter to L&I the closing, expected by Dec. 15, is because of the loss of its contract to provide delivery services to Wendy’s restaurants.The closing will result in job losses for approximately 114 employees.The notification letter, sent Oct. 4, was given as a requirement of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, also known as a WARN notice.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20121013/NEWS08/121019782/0/SEARCH#.UOIAjW9hSBs

That really sucks! I feel for the 114 people on the street, thats a sucky part of working for someone that has so many eggs in one basket, those contracts can be lost, I hope the workers bounce back quickly!

I didn't realize they had that many people working there, I would've thought it around was 50 or so. I hope they can find work elsewhere, this isn't the best time of year to be job hunting.

I had first heard the rumor about a month ago but haven't heard anything as far as who will pick up the work.

I didn't realize they had that many people working there, I would've thought it around was 50 or so. I hope they can find work elsewhere, this isn't the best time of year to be job hunting.

I had first heard the rumor about a month ago but haven't heard anything as far as who will pick up the work.
Drivers,warehouse and office. Each truck had two drivers. Plus the drivers in Buffalo and Rochester, NY would count towards those numbers. When I left we had 34 drivers in Eighty Four plus 4 in buffalo and 4 in Rochester. They expanded the last couple years and were delivering to over 300 Wendy's. My guess would be that Wendy's wants just one distributor, like Sygma, to do all.

Thanks for the info, I was unaware of the NY locations.

Someone is going to need to do some hiring as a result, but it's a shame those jobs have probably left our region.

Thanks for the info, I was unaware of the NY locations.

Someone is going to need to do some hiring as a result, but it's a shame those jobs have probably left our region.
I hear AIM is hiring for the Cloverhill account ;)

I didn't last nine weeks before transferring to HBC, then it took a whole 13 moths before the 6 night work week got old.

If they didn't cancel the road routes and my supervisor didn't turn into a dictator, I would still be there. Then again, maybe not, ;) Best thing that could happened to me was getting blocked in by the other driver in my yard ;) Never would have even thought of applying here and didnt know they had a yard in Houston until he blocked me in.

If they didn't cancel the road routes and my supervisor didn't turn into a dictator, I would still be there. Then again, maybe not, ;) Best thing that could happened to me was getting blocked in by the other driver in my yard ;) Never would have even thought of applying here and didnt know they had a yard in Houston until he blocked me in.

I'm surprised that he offered up the hiring information after you kicked his ass for blocking you in, I know how you PIT guys are.

I'm surprised that he offered up the hiring information after you kicked his ass for blocking you in, I know how you PIT guys are.

LOL. Funny thing is, he asked me if it was ok since he would only be five minutes. I needed the little break that day anyways.

Does the name begin with a C?

I thought It was Curtze. They've had a yard in Houston since at least the mid-90's that I know of.

I see HBC trucks at least 1-2 times a week but no one answers the cb. Maybe I need to get the white trucks "attention".

I thought It was Curtze. They've had a yard in Houston since at least the mid-90's that I know of.

I see HBC trucks at least 1-2 times a week but no one answers the cb. Maybe I need to get the white trucks "attention".

They had a yard, then closed the yard, and now have one again. Long story of why they closed it before. Now we have one in Cranberry also(besides other locations) and talk of us getting some more trailers at are yard. Just remember, mine is the GRAY day cab Fruitliner, lol

Two of the displaced drivers from Eighty Four have found a warm, loving home at Pitt Ohio. We now have 3 former PDS drivers, the first started with Pitt about 7 years ago.