Pet Pics

Road Dust

Mrs Ricky Ricardo
Credits
I know we used to have a thread like this before, so here we go again. Lets brag about our four-legged children. I currently have a black pug who is, I think, around 6 years old. I was told she was a year old when she was given to me as a Christmas present from my son back in 2008. She had been living in a druggie home where she and her brothers and sisters where being neglected. I also have a part chow, part rotty, who came from the humane society where my son adopted him. I guess technically I am his grandma, but I have raised him from a puppy. Can't remember the exact year right now, but thinking he is around 10.

Then there is the old dog buried in the back yard, who was picked out from a litter being given away in Walmart parking lot one cold Christmas Eve, and my white kitty buried in Springfield MO who was found dumpster diving for dinner in Hot Springs, AR. Both brought me many years of happiness.

Meet Missy-Prissy

I have 2 cats, no pictures please, they don't like it, one was adopted by my stepdaughter and the other is a male kitten found in the parking lot of a club the girls went to, btw cat #1 is female and a few yrs old and hates the kitten, we named him Gus, I have always had cats and really enjoy them!

I have 2 cats, no pictures please, they don't like it, one was adopted by my stepdaughter and the other is a male kitten found in the parking lot of a club the girls went to, btw cat #1 is female and a few yrs old and hates the kitten, we named him Gus, I have always had cats and really enjoy them!
I miss mine. I am hoping to get another one one day.

I've had 2 cats, both black, both female. The second one was feral, born to a feral mother in a friends garage on the very day Mount St. Helens erupted on May 18, 1980. She was a great cat. She was quite the hunter, always catching birds and rodents.

I refuse to have a litterbox in the house, so both of them were "housebroken", i.e. they would go to the door and go, "Meout!", asking to go outside to take care of business.

The "Volcano Kitty" lived about 18 years. One day she went to the door and said, "Meout!", I let her out and never saw her again. She had become less active and I suspect she knew her time had come and went into the woods to die.

I'd love to see someone who drives with their cat. Never have. I'd think they'd make nice quiet company.

I've seen cats in trucks, one I saw had at least 3 fat white cats in it. Can you imagine the smell? And what a chore it must be keeping the fur cleaned up.

The husband/wife team that was in the last truck I was in had a cat in it. When I moved into the truck I couldn't decide wat smelled worse, the cigarette stink or the lingering cat urine and poop odors.

I was in that truck almost 2 years and to the very last day I was still finding cat hair and bits of kitty litter in it.

And I should have bought stock in the company that makes Febreeze. I must have used 20 gallons of the stuff trying to get the smell to go away.

I've seen cats in trucks, one I saw had at least 3 fat white cats in it. Can you imagine the smell? And what a chore it must be keeping the fur cleaned up.

The husband/wife team that was in the last truck I was in had a cat in it. When I moved into the truck I couldn't decide wat smelled worse, the cigarette stink or the lingering cat urine and poop odors.

I was in that truck almost 2 years and to the very last day I was still finding cat hair and bits of kitty litter in it.

And I should have bought stock in the company that makes Febreeze. I must have used 20 gallons of the stuff trying to get the smell to go away.
Many years ago when my white kitty was young, and I was younger, we were homeless for awhile. Had to put the litter box in the back floor in the car. I kept it cleaned out regularly and it wasn't particularly nasty living with him in the car for that short time. I do think cats were meant to be outdoors though, and are much happier when they can come and go as they please. My little guy had to be kept indoors because he was on meds most of his life, and I couldn't take a chance of him disappearing for days, which cats are sometimes prone to doing.

This was my first Shepherd Buck. Sadly this pic was taken shortly before he was put down for Cancer 6 years ago. Ramsey is his replacement

Here's Gus' innocent look.

1118131335_zps9c37853f.jpg

Truly innocent. (Asleep)

1119132349_zpscea3d04e.jpg

Guardrail

I know we used to have a thread like this before, so here we go again. Lets brag about our four-legged children..

sadly for me, i cannot have pets, as i have allergies now, actually became allergic with our former (long since put to sleep) cat, named Rocky....

i miss him as we all know, our pets do things that can make us laugh at times..

I'd love to see someone who drives with their cat. Never have. I'd think they'd make nice quiet company.

well i am VERY experienced with this scenario. as i stated above, i have allergies, and this one time, when i worked for a company that had the DHL account, i had a beautiful Freightliner condo, all decked out in DHL colors....beautiful interior....

but tell you what, the previous driver(s) HAD A CAT, and the fur was all inside of the sleeper a/c evaporator box....it took me 2 days to get it all cleaned out, till then, i could not use the a/c..>!!!

Imagine the smell in the cab.

Guardrail

hey..many of us use deodorant.>!!

I refuse to have a litterbox in the house, so both of them were "housebroken", i.e. they would go to the door and go, "Meout!", asking to go outside to take care of business.

i can understand your not wanting a litter box in the house, but for me, it IS the best thing to do. in fact, we had the litter box out to the back hall, so odors were no issue, plus we immediately cleaned it after the cat "did his thing"...'

another thing too, is the issue of the neighborhood we live in, the car traffic, and at times, the rats that are the size of St. Bernard's....and one can quickly see the "safety" of indoor plumbing..!!

I'm sure the cat would get used to it...:p

and if they don't then dammit, they need to learn to take a joke.>!!

another thing too, is the issue of the neighborhood we live in, the car traffic, and at times, the rats that are the size of St. Bernard's....and one can quickly see the "safety" of indoor plumbing..!!

I like living in the sticks. No traffic. No noise, just the pleasant sounds of the river and the birds.

8880588637_978376afb2_b.jpg