Averitt | Peterbilts?

Rocky Top

TB Lurker
Credits
We at First Fleet are getting some new Peterbilts? Was wondering if AE was going to get some as well. Since we combine our purchases at times I thought y'all might getting some.

The last Pete's Averitt bought were 2005 and 2006 387's...Both had C15 Acert Twin Turbo 475hp Cats. The 2005 had the 9 speed, 2006 had the 10 speed. The 2005's were a bit fancier than the 2006's. I had a 2005 it was a SWEET machine drove it like 500k miles with ZERO issues. I believe in 2009 Averitt ran a test of 3, 385's One sleeper, One tandem axle day cab and one single axle. These were really nice machines. Of course price was a issue, besides Averitt is stuck in the belief that the VOLVO is a superior truck (POS)...I am driving my LAST Avrt truck..2013 Prostar, which in my opinion is SUPERIOR to anything Averitt is buying now, I've turned down New Volvo's and Freightliners. Recently at a cookout, I told a member of Leadership that I would rather PUSH a ProStar uphill, rather than riding a Volvo down hill...do not look for Averitt to buy any Pete's or Kenworth's!

The last Pete's Averitt bought were 2005 and 2006 387's...Both had C15 Acert Twin Turbo 475hp Cats. The 2005 had the 9 speed, 2006 had the 10 speed. The 2005's were a bit fancier than the 2006's. I had a 2005 it was a SWEET machine drove it like 500k miles with ZERO issues. I believe in 2009 Averitt ran a test of 3, 385's One sleeper, One tandem axle day cab and one single axle. These were really nice machines. Of course price was a issue, besides Averitt is stuck in the belief that the VOLVO is a superior truck (POS)...I am driving my LAST Avrt truck..2013 Prostar, which in my opinion is SUPERIOR to anything Averitt is buying now, I've turned down New Volvo's and Freightliners. Recently at a cookout, I told a member of Leadership that I would rather PUSH a ProStar uphill, rather than riding a Volvo down hill...do not look for Averitt to buy any Pete's or Kenworth's!
Never thought I would say that about a Volvo but I FAR prefer my Freightliner. Haven't even been inside a Volvo in over 2 years.