R&L | PHI MECHANICS AND REGIONAL MANAGER

OLDTIMER89

TB Lurker
Credits
IT IS NO HIDEN SECRET I WAS THE REGIONAL MANAGER FOR THE NORTH EAST, I PUT IN MY RESIGNATION YESTERDAY FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHICH EVERYONE IN THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO KNOW.

1) MAINT MANAGEMENT IN WIL HAS PROMISED TWO MECHANICS IN PHI RECLASSIFICATION RAISES DUE ON THERE ANNIVERSARY DATES. HE TOLD ME POINT BLANK KNOWING THERE WRITE UP HISTORY TO GIVE THEM INCREASES, WELL TODAY I GET A PHONE CALL FROM HIM STATING TO TELL THEM THEY DO REALLY GOOD WORK FOR R@L BUT WITH THERE HISTORY'S WE CANNOT RECLASSIFY THEM. THE ONE IS A CLASS B TRACTOR MECHANIC DOING ENGINE SWINGS AND INFRAME REBUILDS BASICALLY PULLING ALL THE WEIGHT IN PHI SHOP. HE IS KNOW GOING TO QUIT

2ND MAN IS A CLASS C TRAILER MECHANIC, HE HAS BEEN PULLING ALOT OF THE LOAD IN THE TRAILER SHOP AND ALSO WORKING DIFFERENT SHIFT TO MAKE SURE PHI LIFTGATES ARE SERVICED AND OPERATING. HE HAD ONE WRITE UP IN HIS FILE , A VERBAL FOR NOT CHARGING OUT PARTS, WHOO HOO. GOING TO HOLD A RAISE FOR THAT.

2) WE HAVE MULTIBLE ONE MAN SHOPS WITH A BOAT LOAD OF POWER UNITS, THESE GUYS ARE FLAT OUT GETTING KILLED AND WIL FLAT OUT SAID THEY DONT CARE, GET THE JOB DONE.

WIL WANTS EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECT BUT LACKS IN THE HELP DEPARTMENT. IT TAKES PEOPLE TO GET THINGS DONE AND TELLING PEOPLE YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE A JOB ISNT GOOD ENOUGH ANYMORE. R@L IS BUSY AS HELL DONT LET THEM FOOL YA. LOOK AT YOUR BILL COUNTS. THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO SQUEZZE THE TURNUP AS MUCH AS THEY CAN. NO WONDER LARRY 2 LEFT

3) WHAT BRETT H AND RICK D DID TO JERRY J IS TERRIBLE. THEY MADE ::shit:: UP AND GOT HIM SHOVED OUT THE WAY AND THAN TOOK HIS JOB. :duel:

4) ED B I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DONE WITH YOU, I HAVE TONS OF EMAILS PRINTED OUT ASKING FOR THE HELP THE NORTHEAST NEEDED IN THE WORST WAY, ANSWER WAS CRICKETS NOTTA NOTHING MUTIBLE TIMES. I AM SENDING THESE ALONG WITH ALOT OF OTHER VERY INTRESTING THINGS TO SENIOR AND ROBY. MAYBE THEY WILL SEE THROUGH ALL YOUR BS

I ALSO HAVE VOICE RECORDINGS THAT WOULD FLAT OUT BLOW MOST EMPLOYEES MINDS FROM CORP EMPLOYEES. I HAVE A TON OF RECORDINGS ON HOW SCREWED UP THE TRUCKS ARE IN RICHMOND AND NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE.

R@L WILL FALL IF THINGS DONT CHANGE COMPANY WIDE, WE ARE NOT GETTING ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND ARE CHASING AWAY ALL THE GOOD EMPLOYEES WE HAVE LEFT.

I GOT SO FEED UP WITH THERE BS I RESIGNED TODAY CAUSE I GOT SO TIRED OF THERE LIES AND BS. NE MECHANICS DO NOT TRUST YOUR WIL MANAGERS THEY DO NOT HAVE YOUR BACKS.

I am so glad to see someone stand up :clap: If more people in the company did this these pople would never survive in the light of day.
God Bless you and keep you!

And you worked with Ian, Brett and Howard for how long before accepting the position?
Not to seem too harsh, but sounds to me like you stopped drinking the green kool-aid. :poke: In your previous position you should've had a clearer view of how and what was happening within the company atleast as far as maintenance went...

I wanted to believe, things got better after Brett took over,as I left shortly after he got his position. But after my return to R&L (SCR), and all the promises and out right lies, and our conversation when Ian left, I knew it had gotten worse and it was time to leave for good,and quick.

On a side note, best of luck and don't look back, money isn't everything in life,,, you still need to have 'one' outside the company....

P.S., almost forgot,,, you have to remember Brett is part of the "family",, Jerry wasn't... and it must be a different Rick than I know of,as he should have retired a few years back....and if it is the same I'd have to question, maybe Alzheimers.

Good luck John. Very well said,Us drivers getting pushed to the breaking point and it's about to snap. We never slowed down through this whole "Recession", yet WIL always wants more. You see the changes taking place in the supervisory positions on the dock,We are self destructing,all due to lack of manpower. Our shop did a great job of maintaining trucks even with the shortages in the shop. Sad to see ya go,but wish you the best of luck.

Good luck John . You did a good job here in my opinion, and I'm sure wherever you go you'll do the same. I think there"s about to be a shake-up in the front office here too.

Thanks city driver, you know the worst part of the whole deal. After all the bs they backed down and gave the raises. fishy huh??.

Also I am still gettings calls from all the shops and no one has called them yet, we are almost three days into this and nobody has called the shops??? I got Shop Foremans telling me they don't know what to think. Guess the head cheese is still to busy. Better get it together Ed before alot of these guys walk, you will really be screwed than. :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: North East Region
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 00:24:52 -0400

Mr Roberts,

I would like to start off with saying what a honor it has been to work for your company. But major changes are needed for employees to succed. When you responded to my email Monday to Rick and Brett there way to handle it was to accept my resignation and tell me no one is going to hold there feet to the fire. Well someone has to, R@L has been loosing to many good people. I didnt threaten to leave for money, I told them twice in 2 weeks what we needed in the Northeast to succed and to keep quality employees. They didnt want to hear it. If you doubt me any any way call NBG,NEW,SCR,PRV,PHI,NOT,LEB,ALB ask any of the shop foremans or tm's what the issue is and you will hear the same thing over and over again. I have never left a job before and had my shop employees call me up worried and disgusted over what happened. We are three days into this and they are still calling me cause no one has even contacted them yet, only an email stating I am not here anymore.

I am not asking for my job back, I am only asking for you to look out for these guys in the northeast, they are good people and are being overworked, especially the one man shops(NBG,PRV,ALB, ANS ALSO SCR).

Look at how many Regional managers have been in place in the Northeast, how many have left or failed. Two of us left after making positive changes for the better. I left cause the unethical decisions of Ed B. I was told I was the best Manager they ever had, still wouldn't listen to what I recommended and than two days after I leave they give the raises I felt these two mechanics earned and needed to keep key people in place. If changes are not made higher up, all future Regionals will fail, look at Ed B's old region, multble shops are a mess, Drivers from RIC,BAL are constantly stopping in at PHI. I had one lastweek that was falling apart. And this is not Clinton Mcgraws fault, it is what ED left him. I have been complaining about this for 2 years, and this is why Ed B has a problem with me, he stated to the ex regional that boy better watch out, I will bury his ass. So what do we do, we promote someone who cannot even correct his own region to run the entire east coast. Dont believe me call LEB or PHI. PT852 is still in PHI.

Do your employees a favor and look into this deeper, you find more answers when you call them one on one. I always did.

Peace out

CAN YOU DEFINE "MANAGER" OBVIOUSLY NOT.

WHO ARE YOU TO SPEAK FOR THE REST OF THE SHOP FOREMANS IN THE NE. PERSONALLY DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME AS YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST REGIONAL THAT HAS COME THRU THE DOORS AT R&L. THE REST OF SF THAT I TALKED TO THINK YOUR AN IDIOT AND ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE GONE. GROW UP AND MOVE ON JOHN. I THINK YOUR BIG PUMPKIN HEAD GOT BIGGER AS TIME WENT ON. DONT MAKE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK BAD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE COMPANY

I was thinking about this and reading these posts again.

JC, you need to stop & move on. If your concerns were so frustrating to quit, then you have to deal with this now. You were a Manager, you know the chain of command,you always have the right to go higher up in the company & address your concerns. You should not air all of the faults all over the internet like this! Have some class about this sitution, you quit !. I'm trying to give you some good advise here. This will follow you & may even black ball your future throughout the industry. You know all companies talk to each other, you don't want this to follow you.

It's time to turn the page & move on.

Have a cold beer & turn this site off until you get a job ! Trying to help you with this situation.
Best of luck.

10.4 big cheese, I got to get back to my project anyway, I am building a jet engine out of a turbocharger. If all goes as planned this will propel a gokart to around 150mph. Can't wait.

:banana:

Check them out on the internet, type in turbocharger jet engine in google. cool ::shit::.

Been around for awhile, and don't say too much, but after reading all these emails, and thinking about it, I would like to say something. Out of all the terminals I have traveled and hope to keep traveling, the East coast has probably some of the best mechanics and the most postive attitude bunch of guys in the company. I was in the Phi shop once when jc was bragging that he could get anybody a raise. he even had them convinced of that without knowing he could not deliver. I heard he is going to work for Fedex, well good luck with that, and very very happy to see you go and be somebodys else problem, and hope you have learned not to promise wont you dont have the balls or authority to deliver.Its kinda funny that there are no mechanics on this site from those areas that jc seems to think that there is a problem, expressing there veiws on the subjecvt, dont you think. Personnally i thin k jc has just lost it, and has no one to complain too and needs an outlet. Gotta go, they are hollering again for me to get there.

After seeing JCs post in the Mechanics thread I dont know which of you people are supervisor pretending to be drivers and which ones are really drivers.Seems to me that just about every driver I talk to outside of this forum is pissed off about the direction this company has gone in so I think from here on out every person on here that is way too supportive of managment and the company Im going to label as a supervisor in disguise.

Well it is a sad day when the management has nothing better to do but sit at work and check the postings every morning to see what else has been posted about them from the night before! :kicking:

Seems to me that some people just can't stand it when you talk about them directly on here. Kinda seems like a guilty concious speaking.... The only people on this topic that have had something positive to say about the company are management.

All you used to see on here was positive posts from drivers about the company, but the last year or so the only positive posts are coming from people paid to post them!!! :buttkisser:

JC: I know that you are not going to Fed up, but I want to wish you luck where you are going! They are going to be lucky to have you, and I think you will enjoy the travel arrangements better any how!!! :clap:

Peace out to all of you, and I guess I will have to wait until Tuesday to see what anyone in management thinks!!! :popcorn:

Wow lots of single digit member posts,,,,someone have a multi-personality disorder???

Lets all face it,,, just another case of someone who thought they were going to set the R&L world on fire with a promotion.
What all it comes down to is R&L, will do what they want when they want,,right or wrong,,as long as they can claim it "beneficial" to the company.(screw anyone else)
Anyone else recall Brett's position with R&L before heading up the maintenance dept??? He was ALOT better at it.... :biglaugh:

I've said it before and I'll say it again,,, this is not my fight, but I still have friends there....