R&L | PHI MECHANICS AND REGIONAL MANAGER

Not much of anything positive to post about this place and the direction it is going...The morale of this company has been destroyed....

Thank you wrenchburner, and you are right management is paid to put out fires on here I have had to do it personally a few times as instructed. I am not going to fed ex as rumored. People that I am tight with know were I am going. As of right now I am going to travel with the race team. We have picked up big sponsors and are going full time world of outlaw Sprintcar racing. Keep an eye on speed channel.

Did everyone get there check this week ?
Are you getting holiday pay ?

Do you trash your wife after she's make you dinner also, with the $ from R+L ?

only YOU can make things better, why trash mouth the company that feeds you ?

I just got done eating a big steak,that my wife cooked :O

Just because the company feeds us, does not give it the right to treat us like dog crap. It has, and always will, take drivers, mechs, and dock workers to move freight and that is where this company makes it money, moving freight. Period.

[quote author=big cheese II link=topic=81542.msg843111#msg843111 date=1278133831]
Did everyone get there check this week ?
Are you getting holiday pay ?

Do you trash your wife after she's make you dinner also, with the $ from R+L ?

only YOU can make things better, why trash mouth the company that feeds you ?

I just got done eating a big steak,that my wife cooked :O
[/quote]

How can anyone make things better, when it is the ones at the top that are the problem?????? :chairshot:

I have not seen anyone on here really talking trash about the company, just some of the people working for it. There are too many people in Maintenance that think they know everything! That is the real problem! :rant:

[quote author=sapper link=topic=81542.msg843129#msg843129 date=1278137999]
Just because the company feeds us, does not give it the right to treat us like dog crap. It has, and always will, take drivers, mechs, and dock workers to move freight and that is where this company makes it money, moving freight. Period.
[/quote]Amen Brother...

[quote author=jkmo link=topic=81542.msg843252#msg843252 date=1278177293]
your post makes you look pathetic.
[/quote]
You should probably quote a post so we know who the hell your talking to.

[quote author=shadowr434 link=topic=81542.msg843264#msg843264 date=1278178442]
[quote author=jkmo link=topic=81542.msg843252#msg843252 date=1278177293]
your post makes you look pathetic.
[/quote]
You should probably quote a post so we know who the hell your talking to.
[/quote]That would be helpful...

To me it sounds like all everyone does on here is beat up the company yes it has its good and bad sides but all in all it is a good place to work for I understand that everyone has something bad to say. jc best of luck on your new adventures. everyone needs to remember most everything you read on here are rumors unless you know the truth it is a rumor and trust me when drivers get to talking the bs really gets flying so we just need to do our jobs.

we do our jobs to the best of our ability because we were brought up to give 100% all the time. The majority of the complaints you see here is that the company doesn't show any appreciation for the efforts that we put in everyday. And that is not BS.

really drivers give 100% all the time like i said bs no one is giving 100% if you are how many extra shipments did you get last week this debate will go on forever so just go out and give the best you can. also if you think it is greener on the other side I say you need to go there because if you think you will get treated better you are kidding yourself. the company is growing and managment will make mistakes the drivers all say they can run it better but in drivers meetings no one ever has anything to say but after the meetings you guys start complaining try being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

We are giving 100%. We are skipping lunches, breaks, working 10 to 12 hrs plus a day, day in and day out. We are peddeling 15 to 20 stops a day, not including p/u's. The freight we are delivering isn't even getting into our yards sometimes untill 6, 7 o'clock . Unbeliveably, at times, 8 or 9 o'clock. Alot of us don't finish our last del/pick up until 6 oclock or later. We all have put our families on the back burner for the last five to ten years so we could help this company earn and keep its reputation as a premier LTL company. The extra shipments we do take from competitors might not move because L/H doesn't have the power to do it. All around my terminal, the competition's pay package has sick / personal days, 401k contrib, and overtime. At my terminal, we could use more drivers. How are we to get them? If you are going to work ten hrs a day, are you going to work for a company with overtime or without it? Your are right, we are not going to get treated any better if we go to another company. That was the reason we have all stayed with R & L. Because we were getting treated better here. We try to be part of the solution but you guys don't listen. You won't listen. Simple things such as adherence to customers hrs of operation or procedures for delivery at a specific customer are thrown out the window because it will throw your numbers off. My dispatcher shouldn't have to call anyone to see if they will stay late to accept a delivery because inbound did not get broke untill 7am. We are out here in the trenches with the customers trying our damndest to keep them with R & L. Your attitude that NO DRIVER is giving 100% ,and are part of the problem, is a unfourtunate example of what management really thinks of us.

Of course,hes management.Too many key words in there.You are dead on Sapper.Big ups for you on this post.If hes not management then hes just blind.

Guys, you have to remember the concept on which the company thinks of you..
You are a tool, a tool that does a job and nothing more. Here, over there, it's all the same, we are a tool that the companys pays for the use of.
You're expendable, your replacement is sitting in the stack of applications that HR has, basically, you are a pallet jack................

As a member of senior Wilmington management was once overheard saying, "a driver is just a strong back with a weak mind", Remember that.

If that statement is really true I have news for him and the rest of management.The weak minds are in the office,not in the trucks.If that were the case I wouldn't be barraged with questions constantly from the office about everything from paperwork to haz-mat rules to how a stop needs to be done and everything in between.

John congratulations and good luck in the future.. I have worked for other trucking companies before and once had a regional manager persistant like you, the difference was he ran like 5 shops not 13... The pressure is just immense here and its throughout the company. Ive never been at a place where everyone complains about the same things, understaffed and overworked. But i'm not here to complain about it my theory is if you dont like your job get a new one, this place is not going to change its business structure because a few truck drivers or mechanics complain on truckingboards. Again john you probably know who i am good luck in the future and take a vacation.

I know yet another person posting on this topic who has no posts. Well I have just watched in the past for amusement but now since this is something that directly affected me I felt the need to post. I am one of the SF's in the NE region and do not approve of the way John handled this situation. I do recognize that John had some good intentions but do not drag us into this situation (especially without our consent). We still have to go to work and move forward. As far as the management not contacting everyone... we just keep plugging away as usual, no news is usually a good thing.

As far as a message to John good luck in the future and I hope everything works out for you.

[quote author=NEmech1 link=topic=81542.msg844444#msg844444 date=1278522000] Ive never been at a place where everyone complains about the same things, understaffed and overworked. But i'm not here to complain about it my theory is if you dont like your job get a new one, this place is not going to change its business structure because a few truck drivers or mechanics complain on truckingboards.
[/quote]

2 years ago, there were no complaints about this company. Everyone wanted to work here. 7-8 hour days,good family atmosphere,drivers bragging about how nice it was working here,made everyone want to work for R&L.Suddenly no one wants to join the R&L team. Only inexperienced drivers who can't get hired anywhere else are applying. And our out of service trailer line proves it.

[quote author=R&L_PHI link=topic=81542.msg844572#msg844572 date=1278555875]
2 years ago, there were no complaints about this company. Everyone wanted to work here. 7-8 hour days,good family atmosphere,drivers bragging about how nice it was working here,made everyone want to work for R&L.Suddenly no one wants to join the R&L team. Only inexperienced drivers who can't get hired anywhere else are applying. And our out of service trailer line proves it.
[/quote]You said it.This is it in a nut shell.