Picket at Auburn's Corporate Office

Talks? What about the Talks Monday

Hey girls, what about Monday's talks? What do think about not getting to vote before the International calls a strike and you sissys have to go out. Wonder what the Teamster code on that one is sweethearts? You sheep will drag out to the street and your old ladies will be screaming at you to cross that line so fast your sunday bonnet's will fly off.

Any meetings scheduled by your fearless leaders? Wow you all are headed out the door and your little jobs will be taken by Men that want work and you will be on the outside looking in, wiping your stupid sheeplike tears!!! Ha gals and good luck

As a Teamster it is your duty to never knowingly harm a fellow member.

Say a union supervisor gives a Teamster a work assignment, he takes the assignment, walks off the dock, and starts talking on a cell phone for 30 minutes, a Teamster can't do anything about it except talk to the steward. I am not really sure on the theft thing, the oath really does not specifically mention theft as an exception. At a local union meeting we were told that theft is unacceptable, and to report it as soon as possible.

Couldn't theft or unsafe actions be considered as potentially being harmful to other Teamsters? I say Yes it could.

I would also say that being on the clock and talking on
a cell phone for 30 minutes does harm to other teamsters,
because it costs the company unproductive time. If this
happens, then the jobs of teamsters are placed at risk.
The supervisor is putting the livelihood of other teamsters
at risk by not confronting the situation.

Let's step back a second here. What does the union say
is the penalty for doing harm? Is the member kicked out
of the union?

of the union?

Isn't what your describing "Stealing Time" or theft?

of the union?

You make my point for me; a supervisor has no business being in the Teamsters Union.

Realistically, I think we are looking at more direct consequences as "harm"; for instance if I idle my engine to long, and it eats the ozone layer, another Teamsters kids, kids, might have to buy some serious sunscreen.

The penalties would generally come in the form of a fine, a union member can become a "Dues Paying Non-Member" in which case the union would be unable to do anything to them. Honestly, the Union has very limited legal recourse when it comes to policing their members.

Unfortunately, there are a number of union members that
would make great managers.[/QUOTE]

You are right, but this Company offers
even less job security for management,
at least at our terminal.
It would be stupid to cross the line into
management.
We Teamsters do a good job of seeing
the freight part of this company runs
properly, we just don't get the credit.

Hey girls, what about Monday's talks? What do think about not getting to vote before the International calls a strike and you sissys have to go out. Wonder what the Teamster code on that one is sweethearts? You sheep will drag out to the street and your old ladies will be screaming at you to cross that line so fast your sunday bonnet's will fly off.

Any meetings scheduled by your fearless leaders? Wow you all are headed out the door and your little jobs will be taken by Men that want work and you will be on the outside looking in, wiping your stupid sheeplike tears!!! Ha gals and good luck!

Donno how I missed this one. 1. we authorized a strike. 2. this contract proposal is not acceptable to the union. 3. this contract proposal is not worth voting on and would not pass anyways. 4. The only sissy's are company butt kisses. 5. The sheep are the ones at this company that cant make the connection between the feeling of two hands on their shoulders and a stabbing sensation in their rears.
-and im out.

Unfortunately, there are a number of union members that
would make great managers.

You are right, but this Company offers
even less job security for management,
at least at our terminal.
It would be stupid to cross the line into
management.
We Teamsters do a good job of seeing
the freight part of this company runs
properly, we just don't get the credit.[/QUOTE]

well said. Too many times good work and dedication go un-noticed. A lot of teamsters do realize the problems with management and the company and voice their minds, however a manager does not have a voice without fear of losing their job. That could be why, and I quote stasney from a meeting..."90 percent of our decisions are the wrong one" How can you operate a business knowing that? If I personally made only 10% of the right decisions in life, I would be in jail awaiting death row...am I making sense? I just dont know how managers sleep at night knowing that they are just actors, suck-ups, etc. just to keep their jobs. This company, and country as well, need less yes men and women, more free thinkers, people good at hypothosis, prediction, common sense, and the ability to communicate it.