ODFL | Picture's

Yes,it all fall's on Term's.Our City tractor's get wash'd atleast every couple week's on Sunday's&L/H get's wash'd during the week.So if mine is a little dirty&can alway's swing by&have them wash off.We do have a pressure washer in shop.

Time to start complaining.Well,maybe you will need to start working this way more often.I've used the drive thru wash's in MRT&HAR...I think this thing's are a waste.They don't even get them clean&the one MRT doesn't even get the soap off.Last time in HAR it was closed.Last year.You need a bucket,brush&hose?
i have been here 8 months with 1 wash

Those of you who work out of a Term that has assigned trucks where you can personally clean and take care of your own equipment is nice and you should feel lucky. For the rest of us who have to use the first available trucks that are not assigned they get really dirty. Our 14's look like our 11's because no one is assigned to them and they don't get washed other than being ran through the was bay when it is open, but still that does not get the bugs off during the summer or the road grime off the wheels, tanks, back of the cab, ect.
We do have a set of Line Haul drivers who do pass a truck back and fourth that is a 12 or a 13 and have cleaned it up the inside and outside like it dust was just was delivered to O.D. from Freightliner. The both of them use it like it would be a assigned truck to them and take real pride in what they drive. That was done their own time and after discovering this a few days ago I do have more respect for the both of them. They did not wait for someone to call to have to have our trucks cleaned. So it you have the a few extra minutes and the means to do so why not clean up the equipment that O.D. has provided us to drive regardless if it is a 14 or a 05 that needs a little extra work, I have driven both personally so I know what they are like.

Exactly.We have a old timer at our yard.I just talk'd to him this evening in fuel lane.He has a asign'd tractor.He keep's it spotless.Every evening he is cleaning window's,etc.But,he doesn't drive it much.So he drive's other tractor's&he does the samething with those every evening when he finish's.Everyone is all about getting out of there.They take there stuff out.Truck is nasty everything&they just go.I'm just glad I have a asign'd tractor&yes it's a 07.But,I keep it clean&I drive it linehaul to.Because I don't even mess with the other's unless mine is in shop.
Those of you who work out of a Term that has assigned trucks where you can personally clean and take care of your own equipment is nice and you should feel lucky. For the rest of us who have to use the first available trucks that are not assigned they get really dirty. Our 14's look like our 11's because no one is assigned to them and they don't get washed other than being ran through the was bay when it is open, but still that does not get the bugs off during the summer or the road grime off the wheels, tanks, back of the cab, ect.
We do have a set of Line Haul drivers who do pass a truck back and fourth that is a 12 or a 13 and have cleaned it up the inside and outside like it dust was just was delivered to O.D. from Freightliner. The both of them use it like it would be a assigned truck to them and take real pride in what they drive. That was done their own time and after discovering this a few days ago I do have more respect for the both of them. They did not wait for someone to call to have to have our trucks cleaned. So it you have the a few extra minutes and the means to do so why not clean up the equipment that O.D. has provided us to drive regardless if it is a 14 or a 05 that needs a little extra work, I have driven both personally so I know what they are like.

From 06 to 09 had an assigned wild tractor. 06 tractor. Stayed out 4 to 9 weeks. Would run through a Blue Beacon for $20 or was cleaning myself regularly. Do a serious internal clean every other week or weather permitted, when 34ing. After 4 month layoff, got transfer to a terminal that take what ever available. Still stayed out long time, yet did just a basic blow.sweep out, wipe down, window clean at 1st chance. Then got transfer back to original terminal to run a schedule. 2 1/2 years here, 1st 6 months, tried really hard to keep really clean, then constantly got a rotation of day drivers. Rural, dirt/rock roads, and frustration of guys who don't care much. So, now just do a blow out, dump trash bag, and keep windows clean. Looking up though, older, keep it clean P&D 'er asked if he could share my truck regular. If it happens, a serious internal scrubbing will be in my tractors future.

Biggest issue, drivers who don't take their gloves off. That greasy slime all over door, steering wheel and controls. Do switch out for tractors needing service. Loaners usually are nasty. Can't believe drivers who can't even pick up their own trash or clean up their spills. Rest is understandable.

Love the de-greaser they have been leaving in fuel lane.Work's very well&has a nice clean scent to it.

GBO is a whole nuther world. Truck wash, vacuums, degreasers w a lemony scent. Do they still have someone that checks your oil and fuels your truck??? They did years ago. Whole nuther world.

No,they stopp'd that several year's ago.O'h yes they fuel'd your truck to.The life at the top of the OD chain.lol
GBO is a whole nuther world. Truck wash, vacuums, degreasers w a lemony scent. Do they still have someone that checks your oil and fuels your truck??? They did years ago. Whole nuther world.