ABF | Pinnacles/Cascadias

Our guys say the freighliners are much louder. Don't seem to have much else to say about them.
Personally for peddling I like a sterling. But their days are numbered.

Our guys say the freighliners are much louder. Don't seem to have much else to say about them.
Personally for peddling I like a sterling. But their days are numbered.

I like my old sterling for the city. so old and beat up but the A/C and heat works, and the new guys walk right past it to get a shiny one on the line.

I liked the old carolina tractors with no power steering or air. You had to practically stand up to turn the steering wheel while backing a pup into a tight hole. Of course this always happened when it was over 90 degrees and I was a low seniority driver forced off the dock. Just going back to my name...retiredthankgod

I think there talking about the white used Freightliners, Those tractors are very loud. New Freightliners are like Caddy's. Power windows and mirrors, let's see how long the power buttons last.

I'm reminded of the old Truck Driver joke: "What's the difference between a Freightliner and a Jehovah's Witness? You can close the door on a Jehovah's Witness.".............Having owned Freightliners,........and being locked out of one,.....at night,......in November,.......in my long winter underwear,.......in downtown New York City,......I can honestly state that I am not fond of Freightliners,..........And I now always carry two sets of keys irregardless of the manufacturer of the truck.........

I'm reminded of the old Truck Driver joke: "What's the difference between a Freightliner and a Jehovah's Witness? You can close the door on a Jehovah's Witness.".............Having owned Freightliners,........and being locked out of one,.....at night,......in November,.......in my long winter underwear,.......in downtown New York City,......I can honestly state that I am not fond of Freightliners,..........And I now always carry two sets of keys irregardless of the manufacturer of the truck.........

Ok, I will ask the question everyone wants to ask, why ? Why were you outside your truck in your union jacks in downtown NY ?

Ok, I will ask the question everyone wants to ask, why ? Why were you outside your truck in your union jacks in downtown NY ?

No, the better question is why did he fail to sew pockets in to his long under ware to place his keys in so he could prevent these types of brain farts. For some unknown reason I am in smart ass mode so please forgive me Canary, I could not pass this one up. von.

Hah,hem......Ahh,....That'll be a deep, dark secret I'll carry to my grave. You'll have to buy my memoirs to find out. My wife knows,.....and she regards it as a source of continuing mirth,....completely unwarranted, I might add. ....Still brings chills to my spine,.....especially the part where the NYC police car turned into the parking lot, and I had to hide underneath the trailer........I could've been mugged!...or arrested!....or Killed!....or worse!.......Yet my wife erupts into giggles every time she recalls the phone call I made the next morning.......(.......Brother Von is closer to the truth than he realizes..........and I was 25 years younger then, so the onset of Altzheimer's isn't a viable excuse......)