Central Transport | pjax equipment...

jimmygeorge76

TB Lurker
Credits
...now i know vitran's isn't the best, but the pjax equipment at our barn should be laid to rest!! also why does pjax have so many 96" wide trailers? and almost all the trailer doors have to be worked on before you can take it out in the city every morning, missing rollers, hinges broken.

That's the same problem we have in milwaukee, WI just plan junk. The DOT should be called in to check this crap over really good! Maybe I'll give them a call?

i have thought about calling the DOT too. I could bet that my be 5 trucks would make it the rest would be put out of service. The sent my truck down to chi for a pm and wind sheild which is over half windsheild to be fix an couple of other things that needed to be take care of. Well got my truck back and no new windsheild and know the door does not fricking shut right i gusse i will be taking my truck pass the scale house monday on my way back home. maybe it will get taking care of know when i get put out of service have to teach them.

I am just glad someone finally changed the topic, now i can go back to posting. To the YRCW employees I would just like to say I'm sorry for all of the negative comments posted on this forum.

I am just glad someone finally changed the topic, now i can go back to posting. To the YRCW employees I would just like to say I'm sorry for all of the negative comments posted on this forum.

:1036316054::beerchug:.....I'll second that statement....Anyone else?

I see new tractors that say Vitran Express on them and then say below that "owned and operated by PJAX - Gibsonia."

how new are those trucks you see, i think you might be seeing the ones bought after buyout and before the merge, don't think the new ones are out yet, i know the last batch of trailers all said vitrans, now i saw 2 new trucks in stl 2 weeks ago that said chris on them if anyone is courious about that

The new tractors will be KW's. The newer 53's that we have at our barn were built in 97 and 98 and say Vitran on them.

bye the way we know now who is getting all the new equiment that vitran bouhgt 300 mew tractor and 300 new swing doors 53 trailer the pjax
Why do these guys buy 53 ft swing doors? They will eventually be used for PD and as a city driver there is no easier way to lose time on a peddle run than having to get out of the truck at least 3 times per stop just to open and close the doors at every stop.[/run on sentence]

Why do these guys buy 53 ft swing doors? They will eventually be used for PD and as a city driver there is no easier way to lose time on a peddle run than having to get out of the truck at least 3 times per stop just to open and close the doors at every stop.[/run on sentence]
i take it you've never woked for vitran before! nothing makes since around here!!!!! i took out 13 deliveries and made 8 pick ups with a swing door last friday! talk about being pissed off!!!!!!! it was ****ing retarded they loaded that busy of a route on a swing door!!!!!! didn't get off the dock until 11:20 and around 1:30 was getting calls wanting to know how i was doing!!! wanted to climb thru the phone!!!:ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Ha ha you must work outta my barn. The reason I asked this question is because I do work for Vitran. I guess I got used to doing stuff half right at FXFW because I have never seen such a bass ackwards operation in my life. I try my best but it is impossible to work up to their standards when they do not have the proper equipment to do the job. I had a 3 axle tractor and a 53 foot swing door trailer and was sent out about 1330 to go get 11 pickups before 1700 in downtown LA from our terminal over an our away. Ha ha I surely didnt get them all and I hear about it later. I had to tell them I basically did what I could do and if they would get some peddle equipment suitable for the area I was in then I probably could do more as far as production. They dont want to hear it tho.

Not sure if you guyz know this or not.. But I think we bought 200 new tractors/Not 300.. None are out yet, but should start seeing them end of this month, or next month... Bout time.. :)