Central Transport | pjax equipment...

The whole lazy mechanics bit sorry I take that comment personal. Granted i don't know what terminal you are from but maybe for a minute back up and think. Does the shop have the parts to fix it? Not everything is a five minute while you wait and fix item!! or does that mechanic have an attitude just like most of the employees of this company cause he got screwed over somehow/someway. Personally I have an disagreement almost every day about equipment maintence whether it be getting parts for trucks that been down/OOS for a week. or the driver wanting to take the OOS truck. Granted PM's are needed but I blow them them off when I have broken stuff. And for some unknown reason everything that goes wrong reverts back to being the lazy mechanics/shop fault. I am not defending anybody in another shop but that was a broad comment (Lazy Mechanic). I also have a CDL with the endorsements run city runs and linehaul runs cause that is what your going to say next.

The Mechanic I talked to told me how he doesn't have time to do any preventative maintenance to any equipment since they need to fix the loaded broken stuff first. How can anyone blame maintenance for only doing what they can. Heck if there are 20 broken OOS trailers and you notice 1 trailer is due a service what can you do? It is really an aggravating situation to be in as a mechanic. That and the fact that most shops aren't allowed to order parts without permission.

You have it pretty much right about the maintence department!! What do you do is the question. Granted my shop has 6 mechanics on three shifts but none of us are allowed any overtime. And getting parts can be a joke. But if the mechanic in your shop actually got the parts and truck/trailer fixed say thank you. Remember there is a whole lot more trucks/trailers/drivers than there is mechanics.

how many terminal are renting tractor??????????? I know of two that are and have at least 3-5 tractors rented a day
LAX was renting 25 tractors for 2 and a half months. Until then we had no power to run the city and literally had to wait for line to come in and chain gang those trucks. After the 2.5 months past the TM Bob decided to send them back to TCI. With the same amount of drivers and 25 less trucks this certainly caused havoc with the city drivers getting out at a decent time after their shift started. Some drivers had to wait between 1 and 2 hours and other drivers were sent home. This was all due to no power to run the city.

Such incompetence at LAX due to the TM Bob and Shawn.

You have it pretty much right about the maintence department!! What do you do is the question. Granted my shop has 6 mechanics on three shifts but none of us are allowed any overtime. And getting parts can be a joke. But if the mechanic in your shop actually got the parts and truck/trailer fixed say thank you. Remember there is a whole lot more trucks/trailers/drivers than there is mechanics.
At LAX there were 2 mechanics, one in the morning and one working the swift shift with no overtime allowed either. We had 42 city drivers and probably 25 line driers with 40 total power units. One of the mechanics said[rumor mill]that when Vitran bought SWE they never knew the older city power was financed as collateral for loans since SWE was almost BK before the buyout. These trucks are 15 years old with 800,000 city miles on them. Mechanic also said they had to buy parts with cash only since SWE owed too much money to vendors and were in default.

Woot Woot. Top rate company.

All the Pjax equipment at our barn is in the same :shit:ty conditionas it is every where else... i would be afraid to drive a Hi-Lo on it letalone walking in the trailers...Trucks should be put to rest.....All the equipment Vitran got out of this merger is pure ::shit::. Whats with swing door trailers on a city peddal..

vitran equipment aint all that hot driver pull head out of @$$ you will see that

The whole lazy mechanics bit sorry I take that comment personal. Granted i don't know what terminal you are from but maybe for a minute back up and think. Does the shop have the parts to fix it? Not everything is a five minute while you wait and fix item!! or does that mechanic have an attitude just like most of the employees of this company cause he got screwed over somehow/someway. Personally I have an disagreement almost every day about equipment maintence whether it be getting parts for trucks that been down/OOS for a week. or the driver wanting to take the OOS truck. Granted PM's are needed but I blow them them off when I have broken stuff. And for some unknown reason everything that goes wrong reverts back to being the lazy mechanics/shop fault. I am not defending anybody in another shop but that was a broad comment (Lazy Mechanic). I also have a CDL with the endorsements run city runs and linehaul runs cause that is what your going to say next.

I am not reffering to you. Some (actually most) of the mechanics are great-they do the best with what they have to work with, and the time given. But a few are milking the system. As are some drivers,etc. There are always a few. :Fart:

i have been at a vitran term now and your trailers are not much better missing rollers holes in the floor and sides and until are old pjax term manager came back nothing got fixed and for the trucks these little freightliners you guys call trucks suck and for the 96 inch wide trl ask pitt because i think they suck and when we were told some new trl were ordered and we are only getting 2 or 3 and indy is getting a bunch i dont know who is running this outfit but they need to get there head out of there butts and get with the program because moral at our term sucks:nutkick:

If you are an ownwer operator you have no one to complain to but youreslf! I complained about everything when I worked for POE, so I decided to by a truck, that turned into three. Guess what? I am happy having PJAX pay for my fuel, being home everyday, and being able to have a paycheck instead of owing at the end of the week. If I have to deal with a swing door trailer, or a truck that the AC is not working I deal with it. So baby gurl, if you have never been behind the wheel you can not know what goes on.

I too was an Owner Op and to tell the truth, I agree 100%. Running 14 days just to get a day and a half off and looking at your bank account and seeing that all that time left you broke, getting away from the Oop was the best thing I could do. I drive a truck for one day and then park it for the night. If there are problems with it, those are someone else's headaches, no longer mine. I'm not paying for fuel and upkeep any longer and yes, I'm happy when payday comes around, cause now, even though the checks are smaller, I still have some leftover till the next payday. Your in the equipment for 1 day only, if there is a problem with it, park it, it's not yours to worry about. I'm sure your terminal will put you into something else, they won't have you sitting idle while yours is being repaired. And if you get more crappy equipment, (see above)...

To all the drivers *****in about the equipment around here you can all ways move on and get a job at another company do ya whine this much when you boyfriend dont lick you a## the right way . Move on and let us people who wanna try to make a better company get on with it and then we will get our 5% and raises back as soon as we dont have to carry you around any more. This company needs to send a enamia thru this company and flush out all the old *****y hemroid riddin people. SO in Lack of a better responce F O and die whine a##

ok our pjax regoinal matiniace director came around and told us to repair trailers before tractors now we have two mechanics trying to keep matiance on 50 tractors and 10 hilos and not to mention over 100 trailers . They wonder why moral is down and mechanics dont care when parts dont show.