Central Transport | PJax/Vitran Terminal Pictures Cleveland, Ohio after the Central buy out

Yes it, is I think they used it as a snow plow or something like that. The terminal was originally PJax.

You mean to tell me that PJAX at some point put their logo on a Yellow truck..........I thought they were blue or some combination of blue.

The yard isn't in the greatest neighbor hood in the world so I didn't want to get out of my car to get closer shots. However, there is that yello PJax International truck sitting there. Then there is an International truck you can see it in the picture with it's hood totally off lying in the middle of the lot and a bunch of pieces parts hanging off of it. A Mack truck that is not horribly old, that used to be a Vitran truck it has the Vitran logo blacked out on the air fairing and the door and it's just sitting there. Also there is an older PJax FL-70 Box truck in that yard as well the front end is all gnarly and mangled. The terminal looks to be in complete shambles and falling apart. There is still a now hiring Class A CDL drivers banner attached to the fence you can kind of see it in one of the pictures. It looks like slum ghettos in that yard. I don't know why there holding on to all that old junk.

What gets me is all that stuff represents money, the land the equipment parked on the land everything, why is it all broken down and just sitting there and not being used or sold off or scraped if it, is not needed any more. Same with the terminal unless they have bigger better plans for that place, but it's just a big mess right now it looks like it's falling apart, I'm kind of amazed that homeless people haven't turned it into some kind of hoover-ville yet.

You mean to tell me that PJAX at some point put their logo on a Yellow truck..........I thought they were blue or some combination of blue.

Actually PJAX used to buy whatever they could at auction, or whatever they could get when other companies over ordered (JB Hunt for example) I remember some of the old blue internationals used to have yellow insides like in the doors and inside of the windshield areas and some had white, where you could tell all they did was repaint the exterior, until Vitran bought us then everything "new" was white.

What I don't get and maybe you guys can answer this question for me, but they have that little Yellow International, a couple maybe not brand new, but not the oldest either Mack Pinnacle trucks and an older FL-70 box truck (The freight-liner FL series was the predecessor to the M2)

What I don't get is, those tractors are what $40,000-$70,000 each brand new? That box truck in 2002 was what $40,000?
Why is perfectly good equipment sitting there rotting away? I mean the company paid good money for all that stuff, why aren't they using it? Further more how come nobody's saying "Gee you know that box truck cost us good money back in the day we should probably get it fixed up and back on the road and it can make us money."

I mean I understand stuff outlives it's economic lifespan and all, but I mean nobody upstairs is going "Gee unit 25962 is just wasting away. We only paid $50,000 for it 7 years ago and now it's sitting in a lot somewhere." I mean if that was my trucking company I wouldn't run like that. At least I would try not to.

If equipment was faulty or we had no use for it I would sell it off or scrap it or do what ever needed to be done, but to just let late model equipment just sit and deteriorate like that I don't know the whole seen is very strange.

You know if it was my company I would be like whooha, that's $40,000 sitting right there if it doesn't do us any good anymore lets fix it up best we can and sell it off, but to just let the stuff sit there I don't know and further more isn't someone going Hey remember that box truck we had back at the old terminal? What happened to it, you know we could use it for some of our tighter deliveries or to run auxiliary overflow or to lessen the load on other stuff or to go in tight spots down town or something like that.

MikeJ its very plain and simple thats how CT runs, in the Detroit area there are abandoned terminals that have all kinds of equipment sitting there rotting, from trailers to hilos to tractors, the owners of ct don't care about anything except hauling the cheapest freight they can, condition of freight when delivered doesn't matter, driver's attitude doesn't matter, drivers physical appearance doesn't matter, condition of equipment doesn't matter (as long as dot wont shut it down (with freight on it)), HOS doesn't matter (they don't care if you work 18 hours a day or 90 hours a week), payroll doesn't matter (no one knows how many hours they worked or what the rate of pay is(pay stubs show 0.00 for hours worked and no rate of pay just an amount earned)) log books are only filled out when you are caught (which can be up to 6 months after the infraction). What does matter is signing the sheet every night that shows how much money you made(or lost) for the owners and no matter how hard you work almost every one of the sheet shows a loss (tax purposes?)