XPO | PLEASE , COME BACK FORMER XPO/CON-WAY DRIVERS!

Respectfully SSSS , I am telling you point blank ( not a rumor or gossip ) - drivers are being hired back after being fired. As far as I can tell , it's at the terminal manager's discretion. Also after quitting.
I will take you word on that. Thanks

You have to wonder what impression that hiring back terminated drivers that may have stoled leaves on current employees . I take you at your word but find it a little hard to believe.
I think it speaks volumes of the desperate situation this company is in and points to its lack of appeal to attracting drivers. It tells me what’s offered is not enough to draw drivers from other companies or attract new drivers.

Last edited:
They want it to go down hill. They are trying to figure out why so many of us are still here. Nothing is done to retain a driver while they are here. Nothing.
The attitude of of Con-way management has been passed on to the present management that they have the best pay/benefits package in the industry and don't understand why anyone would work somewhere else. It's called brainwashed.

The attitude of of Con-way management has been passed on to the present management that they have the best pay/benefits package in the industry and don't understand why anyone would work somewhere else. It's called brainwashed.
Well we did have that at one time but not now. There is room for much improvement but not the will to do so. Some times it takes a little push.

Do you know of a driver that was brought back after termination ? I think there’s a bunch of drivers out there that have been terminated for stealing time. Not trying to make an argument I just curious if there willing to bring someone back for such serious infractions. And if so what example does that set current employees is it ok to do anything you want ?

I don't know anyone dumb enough to return. But we have had a few straight up quit and even go drive somewhere else and change their mind and it was treated as though it never happened. They kept everything.

Personally , this is a LARGE step towards undermining what little credibility the leadership and management had left. ( depending on the driver you rehire )

Without hating on all rehired drivers I will say this: why take back a bad apple , no matter how desperate you are?

If they have a valid CDL. It doesn't matter what kinda apple they are, or even if they are an apple at all.

You have to wonder what impression that hiring back terminated drivers that may have stoled leaves on current employees . I take you at your word but find it a little hard to believe.
I think it speaks volumes of the desperate situation this company is in and points to its lack of appeal to attracting drivers. It tells me what’s offered is not enough to draw drivers from other companies or attract new drivers.
I had a few FedEx driver ask me about the benefits after XPO took over. They were looking for better then they had at FedEx. I told them to keep looking nothing to see here

I had a few FedEx driver ask me about the benefits after XPO took over. They were looking for better then they had at FedEx. I told them to keep looking nothing to see here
Word of mouth is something else in the LTL world. A thousand times more powerful than all the ads and bonuses. Far more effective than any social media or internet marketing.

The funny thing is the lower quality companies have not figured out how to get good word of mouth: Good work environment , better pay , great healthcare and retirement = fantastic word of mouth.

Word of mouth is something else in the LTL world. A thousand times more powerful than all the ads and bonuses. Far more effective than any social media or internet marketing.

The funny thing is the lower quality companies have not figured out how to get good word of mouth: Good work environment , better pay , great healthcare and retirement = fantastic word of mouth.
Unfortunately the bad word of mouth started in the late Con-way years and gotten worse during the current Xpo reign.