Holland | Please update layoffs

2 more road drivers laid off fri in SL.
Also heard a stewart say rockford i think it was cancled 5 bids mostly to MN. do you think that they could be working towards closing down Holland in MN and giving it to yellow?

2 more road drivers laid off fri in SL.
Also heard a stewart say rockford i think it was cancled 5 bids mostly to MN. do you think that they could be working towards closing down Holland in MN and giving it to yellow?

Give me a friggin break!!! Go the **** to bed and quit spreading rumors. god dangit you guys make me sick to my stomach!!!!

Give me a friggin break!!! Go the **** to bed and quit spreading rumors. god dangit you guys make me sick to my stomach!!!!

Gosh dangit, Shoeman....learn the difference between a question and a rumor! Holland is shutting down in MN. is a rumor. Is Holland shutting down in MN is a question.

well i guess i need to make it a better ?
Has anyone seen or heard anything that might lead you to think that Holland might be shutting down MN?
my reason is in SL we send serval loads that way and that would mean more cuts. So whatever you want to call it but that is why there is a forum to talk about it so maybe SHOEMAN you souldn't read this if thats not why your here. I want to talk about it with others NOT be keep in the dark and feed B.S.

I just call it like I see it.

I see it that way too, kinda.
This board would be (was) pretty dead without such things.
What else is there to talk about?
There are plenty of message boards dealing with fishing, politics, religion, food,etc.
This one is about our work.

The total layoff count was 29 men. There were some bids cut and the work was added to the open board and some didn't fare very well with layoff, no layoffs in DS this week! My conversation with central is saying YRC wants 75% bids! what a joke they would be 351- 450 mile bids!!!!:

"My conversation with central is saying YRC wants 75% bids!"

bids are being cancelled left and right ... lets see.........massive layoffs,........hmmmmmmm 75% of whoever is left?....it dont make sense,...
welcome to YRC boys(they failed to mention the H or anything else for Holland..makes ya wonder,...maybe YRHC) :hysterical: :smilie_132: :nutkick: JUS KIDDIN GUYS

4 more city guys laid off tonight at LO. I am sorry for all the negative things I said about the new contract. Hell, I think it is starting to work out well.

4 more linehaul laid off in GR Friday 4/4/08

They left the South alone for once and I was told all layoffs were in the north.

There is around 200 just layed off in the Southern Region Alone!!! So much for SYSTEM WIDE DISPATCH RULES. We have people with 11 yrs layed off and there is still drivers with less then a year going to bed in Nashville and Atlanta with all these lay off's.
And there is plenty of frieght still in both places.

OB do you honestly believe the lay-off weren't coming with or without the present contract? Lo is probably a lot like Me in the why us old or shall I say senior guys won't let the "Holland Way" go. Cross-dock, 0 customer relations, GOING BY THE CONTRACT and of coarse poor service is the new way YRC does business. None of these have anything to do with our contract. The traveling management team tells us if we would just do it their way we will become profitable again. Daystalker,they use Knoxville as one of the terminals that they have converted and are doing well. Can you confirm this? The way I see it,"Its their way or the highway". I remember a few yrs back Yellow in Me went through the same changes as we are going through. Pallet jacks and 2 wheelers on ever peddle. They accepted these changes and are doing fine. Us Holland guys couldn't believe how stupid this was and know look at who is the joke. GRIZZ

OB do you honestly believe the lay-off weren't coming with or without the present contract? Lo is probably a lot like Me in the why us old or shall I say senior guys won't let the "Holland Way" go. Cross-dock, 0 customer relations, GOING BY THE CONTRACT and of coarse poor service is the new way YRC does business. None of these have anything to do with our contract. The traveling management team tells us if we would just do it their way we will become profitable again. Daystalker,they use Knoxville as one of the terminals that they have converted and are doing well. Can you confirm this? The way I see it,"Its their way or the highway". I remember a few yrs back Yellow in Me went through the same changes as we are going through. Pallet jacks and 2 wheelers on ever peddle. They accepted these changes and are doing fine. Us Holland guys couldn't believe how stupid this was and know look at who is the joke. GRIZZ

Grizz you are right because when I work for Yellow in the early 80's that was way they operated back then. They layed off 1 more city person in DS

I remember a few yrs back Yellow in Me went through the same changes as we are going through. Pallet jacks and 2 wheelers on ever peddle. . GRIZZ

I don't get this part of your post. Is that a bad thing?
We would love to have pallet jacks and two wheelers on every peddle. We can't get the equipment. If you are not on the first two or three start times you can't get the equipment.
I get really tired of having customers move other peoples freight to either get to theirs or move it to the back so my next stop doesn't have to round up a rope/chain. Oh and try looking professional when asking if they have a cart or two wheeler you can use.

Grizz, Dont just take my word on this. We were told if we got our bills per hour up. There would not be a layoff. We got the bills per hour up. The following week...They layed I believe it was 8 men off.
They have a plan. They are going to stick to that plan. You can do what you think you need to but, they will still do what they need to.
This new contract just gave them the upper arm in my oppinion.

IWe would love to have pallet jacks and two wheelers on every peddle. We can't get the equipment. If you are not on the first two or three start times you can't get the equipment.

I can tell you this there is a lot of equipment at some terminals that are never used. I am talking pallet jacks and hand carts just sitting there day after day and never used.

Just like in Memphis there is banded stacks of logistic bars sitting outdoors by the back ramp NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN BANDS.

IWe would love to have pallet jacks and two wheelers on every peddle. We can't get the equipment. If you are not on the first two or three start times you can't get the equipment.

I can tell you this there is a lot of equipment at some terminals that are never used. I am talking pallet jacks and hand carts just sitting there day after day and never used.

Just like in Memphis there is banded stacks of logistic bars sitting outdoors by the back ramp NEVER BEEN USED, STILL IN BANDS.
Yeah but you cant expect them to be able to figure out how to ship that stuff to where it is needed!:biglaugh: