Holland | Please update layoffs

After telling us in a pre-shift meeting about a week ago no lay-offs due to the large amount of OT being worked, guess what 8 got their letters last night. GRIZZ

After telling us in a pre-shift meeting about a week ago no lay-offs due to the large amount of OT being worked, guess what 8 got their letters last night. GRIZZ

Grizz was this city or road in Memphis that got layed-off? And if you know how many road are layed off in Memphis?
Thanks JJ

JJ last 8 were city board. Last I heard 11 on the road board. Could be more, a lot of Volvos available for city every morning. Grizz

Grizz, we've had that pre-shift meeting before too. You're doing great, keep up the good work and nothing will change. Then next week they layoff some people and take "their" goals to a higher level, what a joke.

17 line haul drivers in memphis at last check laied off. Alot of us are going out and back and that is it for the week.I have had 3 weeks like that now!:beerchug:

Here in Gaylord, We don't even want a pre-shift meeting (nor do we get one) because we determined years ago that if our TM's lips are moving, it is a lie anyway.

layoffs

cincy had 15 city off , they called back 4 need 4 more back and i will be working again. talked to indy dispatch last friday he thought they had 20 city off. A friend of mine works for yellow in indy,he said they had 30 city off he thought. same story everywhere,some are off and some are working alot of ot..i guess i will enjoy my fireplace..burrrr

Co laid off 2 more city drivers Monday the 28th. Which brings the total layed off to 7 city drivers :nutkick:

Yes it is.. Chicago Heights.. Also here in St. Louis Big "R" has 11 out of 104 road laid off & unknow for city & dock.:smilie_132:

Real numbers for Roadway St. Louis Mo or Fenton Mo. which ever you want to call it.As of 01/31/08

11 laid off + 1 ESL out of 104 on Road.

18 laid off + 4 ESL out of 84 on City.

12 laid off + 3 ESL out of around 70 on Dock

Suitcase seniority has good points and bad

Well they got 2 more in Atlanta last night to bring it to 52 road drivers on layoff and 0 city
plus a couple quit not included in the 52.

Our road board has been cut over half. 96 road drivers down to 44.

I wonder if anyone has read this word for word out of the book of interpretations the only way to get back home is if the terminal you bump out of starts to hire off the street after everyone below is called back to work... :1036316054: Just trying to keep the info straight on bumping. Talk to your Business Agent or Road Steward.

Article 42
Seniority
Cases and Interpretations

Modified System Seniority As Provided In The
Southern
Conference Area Over-The-Road Supplemental
Agreement

(1) The Employer will prepare a seniority roster for all road drivers who have seniority under the
Road Agreement showing the drivers full unbroken seniority,

(2) Drivers will use road seniority for all purposes at home terminal, but only move to a foreign terminal
when laid off due to reduction in force at home terminal, or at the closing of a domicile point, or in the event of a new point of domicile or as approved by Change of Operation Committee.

(3) When a driver is laid-off, he will have a thirty (30) day period in which to exercise his seniority at some other terminal at his option.

(4) A driver wishing to exercise his seniority due to lay-off, will give fourty-eight (48) hours advance notice to the terminal manager of the other station; which notice shall be posted, in person by the driver, before a bump is effective.

(5) Drivers who have been laid-off from their original point of domicile and who have exercised their seniority at some other terminal shall be offered an opportunity to return to that point before NEW employees are hired.

(6) Drivers on layoff who have not exercised their seniority at some other terminal shall be recalled for work in accordance with the Road Agreement.

(7) The last domicile a driver bumps from becomes his home domicile, e.g.: A Dallas Driver bumps to Houston and later gets laid-off at Houston. He then bumps New Orleans - Houston becomes his last domicile point.

new contract

iam a usf city driver in cincy where i have been layed off sence 11/30/07.maybe some one can hepl me on this.if i get layed off under the (new) contract and usf says we have openings in some godforsaken place,and i tell them i dont wont to go.can the refuse my unemployment because i am turning down work????

8 city that was laid off last Friday, being put back on Monday. Just a little power play by our TM, or some call it an attitude ajustment. Whatever it is I'm glad their back.