Holland | Please update layoffs

NO

iam a usf city driver in cincy where i have been layed off sence 11/30/07.maybe some one can hepl me on this.if i get layed off under the (new) contract and usf says we have openings in some godforsaken place,and i tell them i dont wont to go.can the refuse my unemployment because i am turning down work????

NO:1036316054:

10 city and 1 sup. at JO

We got 10 city and 1 dock walker laid off at JO. Although the sup is on permanent lay off- I think- since he got a severance package. We could lay about 6 more of our deadhead sup's off and not even notice....we got 3 or 4 dock guys that think their supervisors anyway--they can do the job.

at KC we have been told 10 linehaul won't be coming back. Somewhere around 20 out of 45 linehaul laid off here

MY buddy got hired iin st louis by the post office to shuttle mail. He wont be coming back to holland. I guess he will relocate up there.He went in wed. to turn in his stuff and his letter and the SI tm tried to talk him into staying. can you believe that!22 out of 44 laid off and he is in the bottom 10 so he probably wouldnt have been called back anyway .I am very happy that at least somebody got a decent job and doesnt have to worry about this crap anymore. that tm tried to make him turn down a good job and wait to be called back!they called me last week to run the city since they were short handed. I sure wanted to jump right on that....LOL

In memphis tn we had 8 more line haul drivers laid off this week.Also seen in nashville they had 28 bids canceled for good.

I am sure the Tm was not trying to talk this driver out of taking a new job. He probably hated to see a good driver leave as we have plenty of cry babies. As far as the Tm calling and offering you local work, he has a contractual obligation to call all laid off road drivers when there is local work available. You can either accept or decline. The truth of the whole matter concerning most of these layoffs is that Holland had to hire enough drivers when YRC closed Dugan. We were flooded with frieght and needed additional drivers. When you hire into a Union Carrier you are taking a chance to be laid off. It is all done by seniority order. You know that when you go to work. I know it does not make it easy to be laid off but at least it is done in a fair way......by seniority order not by who is the biggest suck ***. Also maybe some of us shouldnt take on big mortgages and buy expensive vehicles when are senoirity is close to the bottom. I think that would be the wise and conservative way to live. One thing is for sure we need drivers that have an understanding of how the freight business works and can accept that layoffs will occur. One thing is certain, we need drivers that have a positive attitude and good work ethic not drivers that are *****ing and crying about this job. If you dont like it find another job. Holland didnt call you to come to work you came in a filled out an application for employment

I am sure the Tm was not trying to talk this driver out of taking a new job. He probably hated to see a good driver leave as we have plenty of cry babies. As far as the Tm calling and offering you local work, he has a contractual obligation to call all laid off road drivers when there is local work available. You can either accept or decline. The truth of the whole matter concerning most of these layoffs is that Holland had to hire enough drivers when YRC closed Dugan. We were flooded with frieght and needed additional drivers. When you hire into a Union Carrier you are taking a chance to be laid off. It is all done by seniority order. You know that when you go to work. I know it does not make it easy to be laid off but at least it is done in a fair way......by seniority order not by who is the biggest suck ***. Also maybe some of us shouldnt take on big mortgages and buy expensive vehicles when are senoirity is close to the bottom. I think that would be the wise and conservative way to live. One thing is for sure we need drivers that have an understanding of how the freight business works and can accept that layoffs will occur. One thing is certain, we need drivers that have a positive attitude and good work ethic not drivers that are *****ing and crying about this job. If you dont like it find another job. Holland didnt call you to come to work you came in a filled out an application for employment
I bet those in Atlanta that had 50 guys under them wouldn't agree with ya. 10-11 years I thought was a lot of senor....and by the way, Holland came to me with an app and ask me would I like to drive for them. I never stept foot in there front door and that is a noooo sh##ter....

Unfortunately usf holland did come to me and offered me a job and a lot of other people a I know a job also .But when the wrath of YRCW come down on you lets see what kind of attitude you have.PRESTON 151

well, most of these drivers seniority are not at the bottom of the board they are in the middle many have been here for many years and thought they were safe frome being laid off,you cant blame them when year after year they lay off the bottom few and than all of a sudden they lay off half your board.at some point you should be able to reach a security blanket spot as it has been in years past. I dont blame those guys for thinking they were safe from lay off and I know what your going to say next" your never safe from layoff"well what is a person suppose to do, wait till their 2 years from retirement to buy a new car or take on a big motgage? if thats the case maybe you will have a couple of years to enjoy these things before you retire and die of old age.And these lay offs are because of mismanagement and incompetence, especially when they lay off over half a board at a terminal.every terminal I know the drivers tell new hires that when they reach a certain point on the board they probably wont have to worry about being laid off anymore but with all this incompetence in the way this outfit operates now, I guess mabe you have to be one of the top 1 or 2 drivers on the board before you are actually secure.

I figured I would be safe if I got to be in the top two thirds. Then yellow bought us and I wouldn't feel safe at number one.

It was passed on to me by three different linehaul drivers Friday and Saturday. The word they each said came from the TM, not sure if a meeting Friday or how

Update for Gaylord Usf Holland terminal. Thursday 2/14/08 meeting with TM. 2 more city getting laid off on Mon. They have enough whiskers to bump to linehaul. So two linehaul will get the axe. That makes 10 city out of 34 gone. 4 linehaul out of 9 gone.

Mud Island Tn

12 (twelve) City

16 (sixteen) Road

At USFer HOllAND @ Memphis Tn.

AND, started taking tractors out to be sent up north in the system and bringing old junk (5200, etc series) tractors back for auction,
not being replaced either.:nutkick: