Holland | Please update layoffs

Weill they had some kind of conference call this morning and it was a brickmasons dream around here for a little while. Rumors were running rampant.

as of 3/14/08 14 more city and 4 more linehual in detroit.........total of 18 city and i think 8 or 9 linehaul......no mention as to how long or if any more on the chopping block....gettin a little.... no make that big time.....concerned now

as of 3/14/08 14 more city and 4 more linehual in detroit.........total of 18 city and i think 8 or 9 linehaul......no mention as to how long or if any more on the chopping block....gettin a little.... no make that big time.....concerned now
Nah, ya think it's time to be concerned?

As of 03/14/08, SI is back to the same size board as 10 years ago when I hired on, got 3 tonight and I was lucky number 3. Can't win the lottery though.: :chairshot:

They are putting out the white flag when it comes to service , there is freight out there they don't want to service it thats obvious with the layoffs , giving them the what they wanted in the national contract because of fear tactics does not seem to work for for those that voted yes now does it! be vigilant dont let them get away with hiring casuals until all are called back.

They Can't work any casuals to all are called back! Thats plain and simple
Contract language. "Unless specifically provided otherwise in the applicable Supplemental Agreement, four (4) hour casuals may be used to supplement the regular workforce IF ALL AVAILABLE REGULAR EMPLOYEES AT THE APPLICABLE EMPLOYER FACILITY ARE WORKING OR SCHEDULED TO WORK.:1036316054:

They are putting out the white flag when it comes to service , there is freight out there they don't want to service it thats obvious with the layoffs , giving them the what they wanted in the national contract because of fear tactics does not seem to work for for those that voted yes now does it! be vigilant dont let them get away with hiring casuals until all are called back.

Maybe they want to lose the freight.Then try to get it back as new freight,so it will be ut freight and they won't need all the man power to move it.It will get moved by the ut driver or the preferred carrier.It's just a thought.

Maybe they want to lose the freight.Then try to get it back as new freight,so it will be ut freight and they won't need all the man power to move it.It will get moved by the ut driver or the preferred carrier.It's just a thought.

I don't know about the preferred carrier thing but utility drivers can handle any freight that they want to designate as utilty freight.
Doesnt have to be new freight.

I heard that the new tractors coming in are leased. Dont know if it means anything or not.
That would rule out one of my theories. That YRC would turn the new tractors in as a loss.. When and if they were to shut us down.

If I remember correctly when I was at yellow they leased the tractors from Yellow leasing. Just another tax loop hole for large corporations.