Poles impale semi’s windshield in Florida

A

Ashley

Screen-Shot-2023-04-21-at-11.16.55-AM-600x340.png

Police in Tampa, Florida, are responding to a Friday morning incident that left the cab of a semi pierced by its load of poles.

The incident was reported on the morning of April 21 on southbound I-275 near West Shore Boulevard in Tampa.

The Florida Highway Patrol says that poles weighing 5,400 pounds crashed from the flatbed trailer through the back window, then went through the windshield.

WTSP reports that the truck driver wasn’t seriously hurt.

The cause of the incident is under investigation.

Two lanes on southbound I-275 are reported closed and traffic is backing up in the area.

Accident. Two right lanes blocked. in #Tampa on I-275 SB at West Shr Blvd (40A), stop and go traffic back to Howard / Armenia (42). Reported by 511 DOT Camera #traffic Sigalert

— TTWN Tampa Bay (@TotalTrafficTPA) April 21, 2023

This is a developing story.

Continue reading...

Another case of where's the bulkhead????

I don't feel sorry for these idiots who will haul this type of freight that will shift forward.

A bulkhead should be mandatory on the tractor if the freight is going to over hang the front of the trailer.

Myself as a driver I would refuse to move the truck.

Another case of where's the bulkhead????

I don't feel sorry for these idiots who will haul this type of freight that will shift forward.

A bulkhead should be mandatory on the tractor if the freight is going to over hang the front of the trailer.

Myself as a driver I would refuse to move the truck.
I thought that was law? I know that the Abi Dabi’s on the west coast usually never have them either.

What do you want to bet that the driver had to change his drawers. He probably had a Biden moment.

I thought that was law? I know that the Abi Dabi’s on the west coast usually never have them either.

What do you want to bet that the driver had to change his drawers. He probably had a Biden moment.
If he or she???? Lived through it....

I've seen a accident a long time ago that still sticks in my mind..... it was horrible.... the driver nosed his truck down into a ditch with a load of rebar on..... it shizka bob him. Rebar was sticking out the front of the truck with blood everywhere.

I don't ever want to see anything like that again.

I've seen a accident a long time ago that still sticks in my mind..... it was horrible.... the driver nosed his truck down into a ditch with a load of rebar on..... it shizka bob him. Rebar was sticking out the front of the truck with blood everywhere.

Yep, that would be hard to get out of your memory. I saw a teen girl in the crosswalk on her bike. Some bozo blew the red light and hit her. She must’ve flew straight up at least 50 ft. She was dead at the scene. The driver was drunk and crashed into a telephone pole. About 5 of us jumped out of our vehicles to make sure he didn’t run.

A friend who was a state trooper responded to an accident one night near here. A driver apparently went to sleep & drove off the highway into trees. He had a load of steel sheets that came through the cab & severed his body just above the waist. He was conscious & still had enough blood to the brain to talk the trooper for a short time. The driver knew what happened & there was nothing the trooper could do.
I think the worst possible death would be burning while conscious. All of this may sound terrible but maybe it will make us all think & drive more carefully.