FedEx Freight | Policy Update: Active collision mitigation system & Fwd facing cameras

Then why in the hell do you guys continue to do it????? :idunno:

You've spent half of the morning here doing just that, fear mongering, while others have spent the last week or so making phone calls and sending text saying the same thing...and you guys wonder why you're losing so much support!!???!! :emoticon digging:

Do you not see the difference between your post and others?? Gator, Southerntrucker, and others for example, give opinions of their issues, they provide feedback on their issues, and they offer solutions to their issues if needed...you just give false claims (based on hearsay), attack and place blame on others instead of looking into the mirror, and and provide no solution other than your failed agenda!!

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!!
Your funny, it's not fear mongering it's fact. It's to let most realize why they need representation because again the company trying to wrap there arms around you in comfort haha. As far as what I have wrote my truthful message has reached more for the good than you and southern. There is no compromise with the company never was in the 15 years I've been here. So the only other solution is to organize for representation but than again you keep falling for that "right to work" state. You better do a little more homework on who benefits from it and it certainly isn't you.

Your funny, it's not fear mongering it's fact. It's to let most realize why they need representation because again the company trying to wrap there arms around you in comfort haha. As far as what I have wrote my truthful message has reached more for the good than you and southern. There is no compromise with the company never was in the 15 years I've been here. So the only other solution is to organize for representation but than again you keep falling for that "right to work" state. You better do a little more homework on who benefits from it and it certainly isn't you.[/QUOTE

Actually there is another solution......if you don't like what's going on........quit.....for the 6 figures they pay me I'll do whatever they ask of me to the best of my ability......15 years so all you know about this company is the purple part.....well 21 plus here.....I know what it was.....I know what it is and I can only guess where it's going.....if you don't think things will constantly be changing in this business you're in the wrong one.........and no....a broken representation is not the answer......

Your funny, it's not fear mongering it's fact. It's to let most realize why they need representation because again the company trying to wrap there arms around you in comfort haha. As far as what I have wrote my truthful message has reached more for the good than you and southern. There is no compromise with the company never was in the 15 years I've been here. So the only other solution is to organize for representation but than again you keep falling for that "right to work" state. You better do a little more homework on who benefits from it and it certainly isn't you.
demagogue

noun
1. a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

verb (used with object),
1. to treat or manipulate (a political issue)in the manner of a demagogue; obscureor distort with emotionalism, prejudice,etc.

Fearmongering or scaremongering

1. is the spreading of frightening and exaggerated rumors of an impending danger or the habit or tactic of purposely and needlessly arousing public fear about an issue. This can take the form of psychological manipulation that uses fear-based tactics (scare tactics) including exaggeration and usually repetition to influence the public in order to achieve a desired outcome. It is a tactic used to scare or put fear into those viewing a campaign/advertisement and influence the outcome based on fear.

Apparently you only heard what you wanted to hear...as usual!! Collision Mitigation and Yaw Control are the only two events that are currently being triggered, Headway (following distance), Roll Stability, and Sudden Stop are not!! You guys are complaining about things that are currently irrelevant...that's called fear mongering!!

Please don't respond to something that your ignorant towards. When you actually get cameras and have had the preshifts then respond but untill then, all you are saying on the subject is hear say.

:36::emoticon digging:
demagogue

noun
1. a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

verb (used with object),
1. to treat or manipulate (a political issue)in the manner of a demagogue; obscureor distort with emotionalism, prejudice,etc.

Fearmongering or scaremongering

1. is the spreading of frightening and exaggerated rumors of an impending danger or the habit or tactic of purposely and needlessly arousing public fear about an issue. This can take the form of psychological manipulation that uses fear-based tactics (scare tactics) including exaggeration and usually repetition to influence the public in order to achieve a desired outcome. It is a tactic used to scare or put fear into those viewing a campaign/advertisement and influence the outcome based on fear.
Such a fool

ATL is getting there class Monday, I will ask our driver who does a meet with them if the headway is on any hold, like I said it's still being recorded, might not be a counciling event but there has been no preshift on this and I know there was some couching on these events as of last week

There is nothing in new policy about the headway being on hold unless our manager left that part out when he read it to us. The part about being wrote up and even being terminated is real. Red can say what he wants that part is real and even if the headway part is on hold it will be right back as soon as they work out the details if its true.

There is nothing in new policy about the headway being on hold unless our manager left that part out when he read it to us. The part about being wrote up and even being terminated is real. Red can say what he wants that part is real and even if the headway part is on hold it will be right back as soon as they work out the details if its true.

Headway has not been active for some time now, it is slated to be reactivated at the 2 second for 3 minute threshold at some point in the next 60 days.

With today's techno-society, why wouldn't someone operate like there is a camera on them at all times anyway, cause there is a good chance one could be.....

Headway has not been active for some time now, it is slated to be reactivated at the 2 second for 3 minute threshold at some point in the next 60 days.

With today's techno-society, why wouldn't someone operate like there is a camera on them at all times anyway, cause there is a good chance one could be.....

I was coached on a headway event last month???????

More of a reason to want a contract to have verbiage in it to protect you from discipline.

There we go that famous quote to leave. Why don't you leave I'm vested just like you just want to make it better. Isn't that what a democracy is all about. That's like saying if you don't like your president why don't you pack up the kids,pets,and move to another country. So intelligent

Following closer than 2 seconds at speeds above 55mph for more than 3 miles isn't tailgating.....without doing the math for average reaction time if you don't think that is tailgating and safe then yes..you should be worried....and now see why you are. Good luck. I guarantee you will be having a chat with someone.

Since you refuse to give us your opinion on the policy, what is your opinion on tailgating...or what do you consider tailgating, using the car in front of you as a hood ornament??

Note: you've already reminded the class that all industry guidelines recommend a following distance of 4 secs.

First off, for both of you: We need to remove the emotion, and drama. Then we'll look at FACTS. Agreed? Excellent.

Let's use math, since no one gets emotional or dramatic over math, right?

Let's 1st convert MPH to FPS (feet per second) by multiplying speed X 1.467 (actually 1.46667, but who's counting?). At 60 mph, a two second following distance equates to 176 feet. At 55, two seconds equates to 161.37 feet. Kind of hard to call that "tailgating".

According Swampratt's new collegiate dictionary:

Tailgate: \ˈtāl-ˌgāt\
transitive verb

1) To ride directly on one's ass.

Now, Merriam-Webster defines it a little more vague, subjective if you will.

intransitive verb
1) to drive dangerously close behind another vehicle.

Either way, following at a distance of more than half the length of a football field is in no way tailgating. Unwise, for an extended period of time? Certainly. Unlawful, for a limited amount of time? No. Dangerous? Depends on a variety of variables.

We can talk about all the benefits of a larger following distance, if you'd like. I'm all in with that. But let's stick with facts and skip the drama.

Last edited:
...you should be worried....and now see why you are. Good luck. I guarantee you will be having a chat with someone.

I don't really want to embarrass you in front of your peers. You don't know me, although we may have met. Who knows, but you may want to ask Red about the risk of making assumptions about someone, without all of the facts.

First off, for both of you: We need to remove the emotion, and drama. Then we'll look at FACTS. Agreed? Excellent.

Let's use math, since no one gets emotional or dramatic over math, right?

Let's 1st convert MPH to FPS (feet per second) by multiplying speed X 1.467 (actually 1.46667, but who's counting?). At 60 mph, a two second following distance equates to 176 feet. At 55, two seconds equates to 161.37 feet. Kind of hard to call that "tailgating".

According Swampratt's new collegiate dictionary:

Tailgate: \ˈtāl-ˌgāt\
transitive verb

1) To ride directly on one's ass.

Now, .merriam-webster defines it a little more vague, subjective if you will.

intransitive verb
1) to drive dangerously close behind another vehicle.

Either way, following at a distance of more than half the length of a football field is in no way tailgating. Unwise, for an extended period of time? Certainly. Unlawful, for a limited amount of time? No. Dangerous? Depends on a variety of variables.

We can talk about all the benefits of a larger following distance, if you'd like. I'm all in with that. But let's stick with facts and skip the drama.
I'll 2nd that. But a little drama is not bad.

I would like to find the answer to how we pass a slower vehicle since that's when primarily the headway gets me in trouble.
Increasing following distance does not resolve that issue.
Increase truck speed maybe. We could only wish right. The Kenworth and Peterbilt have a second guauge built in so there's no reason to get a headway just following someone. The Volvo's do not. Frieghtliners I don't know , haven't driven one.
You can increase it to 10 seconds following and you still will come up to a slower vehicle with no chance to pass in there 3 minute senerio.
90% of the time a big truck has you pined behind the vehicle your overtaking and when you get a hole to pass your on the other trucks ass trying to complete the pass. THE Last thing I want to do is slow down while I passing the said vehicle because I got to get the following distance behind the vehicle I just got behind till I finish the pass. We all know very well it can take longer than 3 minutes.
This is the main area unless you are a tailgater that you will find a disagreement with the new policy.
Trucks run on momentum and we can't change that.

I would like to find the answer to how we pass a slower vehicle since that's when primarily the headway gets me in trouble.
Increasing following distance does not resolve that issue.
Increase truck speed maybe. We could only wish right. The Kenworth and Peterbilt have a second guauge built in so there's no reason to get a headway just following someone. The Volvo's do not. Frieghtliners I don't know , haven't driven one.
You can increase it to 10 seconds following and you still will come up to a slower vehicle with no chance to pass in there 3 minute senerio.
90% of the time a big truck has you pined behind the vehicle your overtaking and when you get a hole to pass your on the other trucks ass trying to complete the pass. THE Last thing I want to do is slow down while I passing the said vehicle because I got to get the following distance behind the vehicle I just got behind till I finish the pass. We all know very well it can take longer than 3 minutes.
This is the main area unless you are a tailgater that you will find a disagreement with the new policy.
Trucks run on momentum and we can't change that.
Well they have almost completely succeeded in ruining a once great profession.