XPO | Policy?

No Freight

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know the policy on holding a second job while working for Con-Way? Is it no second job at all or you just cant have a second job as a driver? Flex board is killing me over here!!! Appreciate all of your input!

DOT Policy is that you can hold another job but you must log that time as on duty not driving...

Con-way policy is that you cannot work for a competitor or customer... But you can hold a second job... But if they know about it you will have to log the time spend there....

Mozartsghost said:
DOT Policy is that you can hold another job but you must log that time as on duty not driving...

Con-way policy is that you cannot work for a competitor or customer... But you can hold a second job... But if they know about it you will have to log the time spend there....
So it can be a driving job?

We were told you can have a second driving job, but you have to be avail. to conway first. the problem is, how do you take a second job during the day, and then you get the call to go on linehaul at night....legally you can't do it.so you are not available to work for conway. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it seems to be.

upnorth said:
We were told you can have a second driving job, but you have to be avail. to conway first. the problem is, how do you take a second job during the day, and then you get the call to go on linehaul at night....legally you can't do it.so you are not available to work for conway. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it seems to be.
It all is a big mess! They put you on the flex board so you just have to be ready to work, You log 30 hours in a five day week and they expect you to work Saturday to make up your hours. You tell them you are not available for Saturday work because you have to have a second job to suppliment your income due to lack of hours. Then they put a mark on you like you are not dependable and you dont want to work here. What is wrong with just wanting to pay the bills?

No Freight said:
It all is a big mess! They put you on the flex board so you just have to be ready to work, You log 30 hours in a five day week and they expect you to work Saturday to make up your hours. You tell them you are not available for Saturday work because you have to have a second job to suppliment your income due to lack of hours. Then they put a mark on you like you are not dependable and you dont want to work here. What is wrong with just wanting to pay the bills?

Most Management have never had to experience the Flex board... They have never known sitting by the phone and waiting all day for a call that might not come.... Most of the time they don't realize that we all have bills just like they do...

Mozartsghost said:
vBulletin

Contrary to CON-WAY policy the corporation cannot and I repeat cannot dictate to any employee where or when a person can work off CON-WAY time. You just have to log time accurately if you do linehaul. They can terminate your employment but, they can't tell a person where or when a to work. That's the beauty of working for a right-to-work state. You can be terminated for any reason at all. i.e. shirt not tucked in, boots untied ant the all famous insubordination which covers just about anything in general.

1tdriver said:
Contrary to CON-WAY policy the corporation cannot and I repeat cannot dictate to any employee where or when a person can work off CON-WAY time. You just have to log time accurately if you do linehaul. They can terminate your employment but, they can't tell a person where or when a to work. That's the beauty of working for a right-to-work state. You can be terminated for any reason at all. i.e. shirt not tucked in, boots untied ant the all famous insubordination which covers just about anything in general.

Wrong... In the Con-way Code of business ethics everyone signs when you are hired it says you cannot be employed by a competitor or customer as it could cause a conflict of interest...

Killin time - waitin on the call...........

upnorth said:
how do you take a second job during the day, and then you get the call to go on linehaul at night.....

Or you sit your arse at home all day and then finally get the call -------that your sittin' you arse at home again!:ranting2:

No CON-way or any other company can tell you where or where not to work. Yes they can terminate your employment but, the company still can't DICTATE where to work. Code of business ehtics crap or not. Signed or unsigend. Conflict of interest or not. This is AMERICA right? or wrong? Just an observation of the CON-WAY policies here. They're great and entertaining I might add. I can't believe this fun is all free!

1tdriver said:
No CON-way or any other company can tell you where or where not to work. Yes they can terminate your employment but, the company still can't DICTATE where to work. Code of business ehtics crap or not. Signed or unsigend. Conflict of interest or not. This is AMERICA right? or wrong? Just an observation of the CON-WAY policies here. They're great and entertaining I might add. I can't believe this fun is all free!

Basically if you violate the code of business ethics they can fire you. so basically if you work here they can tell you where you can work aside from here... They can't stop you from working somewhere but they can get rid of you for it...

dockboy said:
whats the big deal along as the second job is not driving

The DOT requires that you log all working hours whether at a CDL position or not. But con-way is concerned about people working for competitors and customers...

1tdriver said:
if you work for con-way you know you can't work for a customer or a competitor .you signed the paper saying to you will not do that.so get over it you are wrong and mozartsghost is right.

No Freight said:
aghhh ! this would have been perfect in an earlier thread titled the con-way WAY i never thought of it:thumbsup:

brutus said:
if you work for con-way you know you can't work for a customer or a competitor .you signed the paper saying to you will not do that.so get over it you are wrong and mozartsghost is right.
If they aren't putting food on the table,Then the hell with there rule.Family come first.