Pontiac Silverdome ruins(photos)

My girlfriend, another couple and I went to the Pontiac Silverdome on the night of 12-31-1975 to watch Elvis Presley perform. He put on quite a show. All the ladies were screaming.

My girlfriend, another couple and I went to the Pontiac Silverdome on the night of 12-31-1975 to watch Elvis Presley perform. He put on quite a show. All the ladies were screaming.

The same girlfriend and I saw Bob Seger perform at the Pontiac Silverdome sometime in 1976. There were something like 60,000 people at that performance.

I didn't even know Glen Frye was from Detroit. I think he was out at Hotel California in 1976.

Yep... Born and raised.. He was with Seger for a while(very short time) and played rhythm guitar and backup vocals... He didn't stay long, then went to So. California and met up with Linda Ronstadt and Don Henley and formed the Stone Ponies....

Then Henley and Frye went out on their own and formed The Eagles... Barry Leadon, Randy Meisner, and Don Felder came next.. Then Joe Walsh(via The James Gang) came later.... In the Reunion Tour, all were back together, and the second time they rejoined Frye and Henley(who wrote most of the songs), Frye told Henley that the only way he would rejoin for a second tour, was if he and Henley got paid more, because of they kept the Eagles name out there during the split years.. Felder rejoined, but under protest and he and Frye went at it on stage threatening one another and that was it for Felder.. He told Henley that if he couldn't control Frye on stage, he was done.... And went home... Drove Walsh into a drunken stooper and had to go into rehab(he and Felder had became very close friends)... Felder came back and took Joe into rehab and rejoined the group for a couple of concerts until Walsh was OK, then Felder left for good..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep... Born and raised.. He was with Seger for a while(very short time) and played rhythm guitar and backup vocals... He didn't stay long, then went to So. California and met up with Linda Ronstadt and Don Henley and formed the Stone Ponies....

Then Henley and Frye went out on their own and formed The Eagles... Barry Leadon, Randy Meisner, and Don Felder came next.. Then Joe Walsh(via The James Gang) came later.... In the Reunion Tour, all were back together, and the second time they rejoined Frye and Henley(who wrote most of the songs), Frye told Henley that the only way he would rejoin for a second tour, was if he and Henley got paid more, because of they kept the Eagles name out there during the split years.. Felder rejoined, but under protest and he and Frye went at it on stage threatening one another and that was it for Felder.. He told Henley that if he couldn't control Frye on stage, he was done.... And went home... Drove Walsh into a drunken stooper and had to go into rehab(he and Felder had became very close friends)... Felder came back and took Joe into rehab and rejoined the group for a couple of concerts until Walsh was OK, then Felder left for good..

What a crazy era the seventies were. I'm 63 years old. I must of been there.

What a crazy era the seventies were. I'm 63 years old. I must of been there.

The groups back then split a lot... But the good ones kept it going,,, Chicago and The Eagles come to mind as two of the best at doing that.. Peter Citera never really got pissed at the Chicago band, he just wanted to make it by himself.... Teamed up with a couple of known female singers but never really made it.. On their World Tour, the group ask him to rejoin, but he declined....

Yes, it was good times back then, but for some it was terrible times......

BTW, Hotel California was released in 1972... I think it was 1969 or 70 when Frye done the stand-in with Seger...

Sort of sad to see it go, I have seen a lot Pistons and Lions games at the dome, WrestleMania 3 and Monsters of Rock.

Sort of sad to see it go, I have seen a lot Pistons and Lions games at the dome, WrestleMania 3 and Monsters of Rock.

How many renovations has that building went through,through the years? It was done, just like in a bout 5 years, the Mercedes Superdome will be done...