Averitt | Pop quiz>>>>>>

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Picked up trl 639359 at BHM yesterday....trl came out of MFS going to MIA....a shuttle driver brought this down out of MFS.
The trl needed 2 tires badly...so much for pre trip or post trip inspection.....here is the question... what would you do if you ran across this on a pre trip
20r4g2f.jpg

153uwzs.jpg

First I would check the inspection sticker to see when the last PM was done...you can be sure it has been like that thru a number of inspections...I picked up an empty at DAL one time the driver dropped with one trailer tire half off the rim...I mean really? To much trouble to pull it into the shop...

Here's the kicker.....AI done 10/13...I mean really....remember when I mentioned..some serctrs pawning the old crap off onto to smaller one's...well MIA is the end of the line, that shop don't fix squat. So either it will sit down there to rot away or it will get put on the rail to JAX, and it will sit there and rot

The sad part is that you can see these types of problems in various forms all around the system. Hook and haul is the motto! How is it that a tire can just disengage from the rim while the trailer is sitting at a dock? I have NEVER understood this phenomenon.

Ill pull one with a flat if no hazmat and reaonable weight as opposed to sitting on the road. Fix it when I get to a terminal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk