Positive Article

"The move is a shrewd one by NEMF. First off, it immediately expands their offerings for international shippers seeking crossborder solutions. Secondly, it takes a direct shot at the longer-haul, unionized LTL carriers such as the financially ailing YRC Worldwide companies. At a time when all shippers are concerned about the financial viability of their carriers, NEMF is making a direct statement about its financial well-being."

Guess no one else extracted this tidbit? Hmmph.

That's an opinion, from the outside looking in. Would you rather we be looked at like YRC? Which do you think customers prefer to read?

welcome to the SPIN ZONE.....they obviously dont understand NEMF closed down 2 terminals and have been cutting and slashing pay and now are using other companies to deliver their freight.fyi..shippers dont like when u give their freight away...why do you think nemf expanded ? to increase their market...now they are contracting....dumbass glg..dont know a damn thing

Not all the growth has come easily. Along the way Shevell went through an acrimonious but ultimately successful fight with the Teamsters Union to have his company de-listed. "I saw what union contracts did to the airline industry after it was deregulated, and I wasn't going to put the noose around my neck," he says. "I've never been anti-union. I've been anti-stupidity."

Quote by Shevell from another Shulz article in 1998:

NEMF carries its weight | Business News New Jersey | Find Articles at BNET

well guess what EVERYBODY has a artner somewhere along the line to move the freight..look at landair and pitt ohio...new century and milans express...so the shippers know all about "others" moving the freight from one company to the other..granted we should be bigger no doubt but only time will tell with whats going on in this country

No Puff, Puff is not wrong. Puff, however, must not have read the entire thread - or the attached article.

Summary: NEMF discontinues it's own Canadian operations because of a new, lucrative, partnership with Manitoulin Transport - New Penn's former partner.

Does Puff copy?

gotta love the way shevell set up this union.....they accept everything...anyone care about the 2 terminals closed down..." yea but look how we service all of canada"..who cares 99% of the popolation lives within 5 miles of the US border...

The road guys that turn down from Toronto are owner ops. Victor was a really good guy - he helped me find the Toronto terminal when dispatch was bending me over for more lovin'.

Good Luck Vic!!

All the Canadian drivers and tractors were leased to NEMF by another company. Only office people (not sure about the dock) are NEMF employees.

yep,smart man the MIRON....he made each individual terminal negotiate terms, and no knew the brothers in canada were *****.FREAKN GREAT....WHAT ELSE WILL BE UNCOVERED.....LIKE THE SKY IS FALLN IS A LOAD OF HORSE S H I T

The road guys that turn down from Toronto are owner ops. Victor was a really good guy - he helped me find the Toronto terminal when dispatch was bending me over for more lovin'.

Good Luck Vic!!

I have to agree with you about Victor, he is a great guy and I wish him the best in whatever comes his way in the future.

Good or Bad?

Not all the growth has come easily. Along the way Shevell went through an acrimonious but ultimately successful fight with the Teamsters Union to have his company de-listed. "I saw what union contracts did to the airline industry after it was deregulated, and I wasn't going to put the noose around my neck," he says. "I've never been anti-union. I've been anti-stupidity."

Quote by Shevell from another Shulz article in 1998:

NEMF carries its weight | Business News New Jersey | Find Articles at BNET

Is this a good thing abouit NEMF or a bad thing about NEMF?

Is this a good thing abouit NEMF or a bad thing about NEMF?

I think it's a glimpse into the relationship between him and the writer - John Shulz. They seem to have a close personal friendship in which Myron reveals to him he is truly thinking.

Shulz is the same writer and friend that wrote the other glowing article about the stability and growth of NEMF and it's expansion into the long-haul trucking lanes......

either the old man can talk a good game and say how things are great when they may be not or we are doing good in this crap economy..nobody knows except mr mike so we wont know...

I think it's a glimpse into the relationship between him and the writer - John Shulz. They seem to have a close personal friendship in which Myron reveals to him he is truly thinking.

Shulz is the same writer and friend that wrote the other glowing article about the stability and growth of NEMF and it's expansion into the long-haul trucking lanes......

OH, ok. So he has his own financial reporter that puts out stuff that he wants others to hear.

I feel you missed the point. This writer and close friend of Mike S. is undermining his whole reason for demanding givebacks. Mike is crying poor, while his friend and industry analyst is emphasizing his financial stability! He can't have it both ways.....