SAIA | Positive (or at least content)

White

Banned
Credits
Just trolling the waters for thoughts that aren't so negative. I think it's a swell job. Perfect? No, what is? I'd hate to think we can't attract quality employees because there's more bitching on here than a Union forum at contract time. No offense to our Teamster cohorts. But everyone on here knows Wong:poke:

Positive? Well, I will retire soon with my health intact and a boat load of money in my IRA and 401K although it has taken a little hit because of Trump and his China issues. He will be a one term president. Also working on a good deal with Dave on some lawn care equipment. Also been making a killing on my goat milk sales. Life is good.

Train I think he'll be a two term president. Wether you like him or not the North Koreans never invited Obama to talk. The old US will roll over and take it are in doubt. I don't care for the twitter rants so much but I support what he's publicly trying to achieve mostly. I'm 20+ years younger than you and I'm very thankful Hillary got defeated. I truly believe she would if sold us out.

You never heard of the Wong -15% ???
Yes I have!!! I’m about 6 beers in tonight and the Ole Lady started bitching telling me I have had enough so my buzz got killed and ten goats got out of my pen and I had to wrangle them back in on my horse because of those damn goats ate through the wiring on my ATV. Have lost a little focus this evening big guy. I will be back on my game tomorrow.

Just trolling the waters for thoughts that aren't so negative. I think it's a swell job.
Wait till you get your Saia letter in the mail. You'll know what I am talking about when you get it. Fell free to bitch after that.

What's the deal with the health benefits? Just accepted a job there.
Don’t start stressing. I haven’t got my letter yet but I’m pretty certain they can’t raise the rates until the next open enrollment. Dracula could come back to explain but if not as soon as I get my letter I will let you know.

That's the one. thought's?
It’s a letter they’ve sent out before, concerns your spouses health coverage. If your spouse is eligible to receive coverage through there employer they are ineligible for Saia’s. If they don’t have access to health coverage through there employer, you just have to have a letter from the employer stating as such. Not a big deal

Don’t start stressing. I haven’t got my letter yet but I’m pretty certain they can’t raise the rates until the next open enrollment. Dracula could come back to explain but if not as soon as I get my letter I will let you know.
It will come registered mail, you need to sign for it. Nothing about rates being raised, just making sure on spousal coverage.

It will come registered mail, you need to sign for it. Nothing about rates being raised, just making sure on spousal coverage.
You mean if the wife is eligible through healthcare at her employment she can’t be added. But a stay at home mom can or if the wife simply doesn’t work and can’t get healthcare. That’s nothing new. The kids can be added with no problem just not the wife.

What's the deal with the health benefits? Just accepted a job there.
Sorry to cause you concerns about the Insurance. The insurance is good. I was referring to the letter about employee participation in the Wellness program. According to the letter, new employees hired on or after 1-1-18 do not have to participate until next year beginning 1-1-19. You can go to the Employee Information Center web page and browse thru the information under the Saia Wellness Resource Page.
What you have to look forward too is making a decision as to whether to participate by getting certain medical tests run, forwarding the information to a company that gathers the information, gives it to Saia in a bulk database, and your identification and individual lab results are kept anonymous. If you participate and if you are married and if your spouse is using Saia insurance, your spouse has to participate as well then you do not have to pay the insurance premium. if you don't participate, then you will have to pay the additional premium, which is several hundred dollars x2, if you are married and your spouse doesn't participate either.
Saia has had this insurance premium additional charge for several years. In the past, Saia had made it easy to participate by having a lab company authorized to do the tests, forward the information, and Saia paid the bill.This year, it seems that the employee must go to a doctor, submit the bill to insurance, and Saia doesn't pay anything. The employee foots the bill.

Yea it looks like they will not be doing the free biometric screenings at your terminal anymore , you will have to go to your pcp or to a Saia health benefit network doctor and get your bloodwork done.

Yea it looks like they will not be doing the free biometric screenings at your terminal anymore , you will have to go to your pcp or to a Saia health benefit network doctor and get your bloodwork done.
That’s the way my wife and I have done it for the last couple of years.

That’s the way my wife and I have done it for the last couple of years.
I called the help phone number and this is how I understand the situation, which is always iffy at best. Last year you could go to Qwest labs and they would perform the tests, send in the paperwork, and at no cost to you. This year, you have to go to your doctor or whatever and they can send you to labcor, who will perform the blood draw tests, send in the paperwork, and at no cost to you, with the exception of your doctor or whatever visits.