Central Transport | Positives about working at Central

i like how c.t. is perceived to swoop down from the heavens and saved us all from death. the constant beating of the drums with "without c.t. you would be without a job" and "you don't have to worry about these checks cashing". last time i looked i have a clean cdl and this is not the only driving job out there. of course the checks will cash, from all the years of the owner getting over on his work force anytime he could and sticking the cash in his pockets, which has lined them very well. basically this is just a job and we all know you can't polish a turd.

Enlighten me please. Why are all of you elite drivers with clean cdls and perfect CSA scores, still on a message board complaining about your new "horrible" employer? If you are so awesome, why o why aren't you at that employer who worships you for just how great you are? Especially since you've known for months the probability of the carrier of carriers Vitran closing was about 100%? Not to mention the fact that its been well over a month since the announcement of the purchase. You mean to tell me companies aren't beating your doors down to hire you? If you all are the top of the heap billy big riggers, pull on your big boy pants, and go get er done. What the hell are you waiting for? Why are you on here acting like 12 year old girls?

Just to add, I've talked to Vitran drivers who aren't making the switch and got better jobs. I've told them "good for you". I got nothing but respect for those that want to better themselves and be happier and have told them that face to face, man to man. Those that talk talk talk about how great they are and how horrible Central is while still working here is nothing but whining.

My turn:

1. I'm positive my miles have dropped by 20%, plus I have lost 10 paid days off a year - I am positive your miles would have dropped by 100% and 0 paid days off if no buyout
2. I'm positive CT insurance is more expensive with huge out of pocket caps - I am positive no insurance if no buyout
3. I'm positive I will be charged for uniforms if I quit, no mention in my packet what the cost is, goodbye last paycheck - I am positive no paychecks if no buyout
4. I'm positive the Post Office has better transit times than CT - Maybe
5. I'm positive I would have hired more dispatchers if I were going to triple the size of my company. - True
6. I'm positive you should probably have a scanner for every driver if thats the only way you can move freight - True
7. I'm positive there are going to be fights over routes and runs with no bids - I am positive you would have no runs if no buyout.
8. I'm positive my terminal has already lost 2 major accounts, they ship time sensitive freight and are very familiar with CT - I am positive you wouldn't have a terminal if no buyout
9. I'm positive foodstuff accounts have refused to load CT trailers - I am positive there would be no Vitran trailers to load if no buyout
10. Finally I'm positive if you have an opportunity to go someplace else DO IT NOW. Don't hesitate like I did and turn down a decent offer on the hope that things are going to get better. - Bye.

Can you guys really not see where Vitran was headed? Do you really not understand you would have nothing? The company would be out of business by now. NO ONE takes the kind of losses you guys were and stays open. Is something not better than the alternative? I am just at a loss. Have any of you bitching actually ever been put on the unemployment line and tried to feed your family and pay your bills on a couple hundred a week unemployment with no insurance? Central may not be the Luxury Liner you were sailing on at Vitran, but ya know what, you hit an iceberg and SANK!! Be glad you got a life raft and didn't drown and get eaten by sharks.

Very well put, MotherGoose. We were on the Vitanic and sinking fast. It would have been nice to see whether we would have completely sunk, kicked out, gates locked and on the unemployment line. Been there, done that and know all about it, lack of a good paycheck makes you look harder for a job. COBRA insurance is pricey, but for 18 months if you can afford it, is the same Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance and not some unknown insurance where the prices are high, coverage poor, not being able to see your own doctor makes you think you are getting government run healthcare.

Vitran never sank completely as you say, CT threw us the life ring. Yet as you can see a lot of Vitran drivers are tossing back the life ring and jumping on other rescue ships. Why if CT is sooo good for us.

CT was so totally unprepared for the volume of our freight that we "Vitran US" brought to the table, transition so far is not seamless as we were led to believe, the lack of Dolphins available, the lack of adequate training with the Dolphin. Some of the CT terminals have freight stacking up and not being broke so that it can be delivered in a timely manner. The lack of hilos and dockworkers or even the lack of space to put all of the freight your trying to move. Just saying...

Enlighten me please. Why are all of you elite drivers with clean cdls and perfect CSA scores, still on a message board complaining about your new "horrible" employer? If you are so awesome, why o why aren't you at that employer who worships you for just how great you are? Especially since you've known for months the probability of the carrier of carriers Vitran closing was about 100%? Not to mention the fact that its been well over a month since the announcement of the purchase. You mean to tell me companies aren't beating your doors down to hire you? If you all are the top of the heap billy big riggers, pull on your big boy pants, and go get er done. What the hell are you waiting for? Why are you on here acting like 12 year old girls?
The only thing I'm complaining about is not receiving any information about anything, people on here acting like CT is doing us a favor, reading that bosses told CT workers to not help Vitran drivers, etc. My husband, who does have a perfect record, is still there because he's an optimist who wants to see how it works out. IF and when my husband decides to find another job, he'll have one in a heartbeat. He always has. CT is fortunate to have him. He's a hard worker with a positive disposition. I'm sure most of the Vitran drivers in this forum are too. All I care about is the benefits, but I can't get anyone to answer my questions about the benefits!

COBRA insurance is pricey, but for 18 months if you can afford it, is the same Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance and not some unknown insurance where the prices are high, coverage poor, not being able to see your own doctor makes you think you are getting government run healthcare.
I sure hope that's not the case. It will be a deal breaker for us.

I sure hope that's not the case. It will be a deal breaker for us.

You would have to call and find out how much. Back in 2009, I had total health care for 18 months@ 800.00/ month. Obama helped out by requiring people on unemployment to pay only 35% of the cost or $ 280.00. It is about the only good thing he did to help the unemployed, in my opinion.

You would have to call and find out how much. Back in 2009, I had total health care for 18 months@ 800.00/ month. Obama helped out by requiring people on unemployment to pay only 35% of the cost or $ 280.00. It is about the only good thing he did to help the unemployed, in my opinion.
I'm not worried about COBRA. The deal breaker is what I bolded. We won't stay with CT if the health benefits end up being as terrible as everyone says.

Why are you on the Vitran board?

Positives.....Hmmmmm. Let's see; CT drivers taking Vitran drivers tractors for their own to drive. 5 different pro books to work with depending on the amount of pallets picked up. Stripping your trailer after you complete your run. One would wonder what happened to all the dockworkers that were hired.Total disregard of DOT rules and regs, run illegal, work 70-80 hours, don't worry we'll fix it, maybe fill out a log once a month, No info on the health ins. Issued uniforms pro-rated and deducted from your check if you quit within 1 year, not allowed to return them. You wore them, You bought them.

The list gets longer and longer,
where are you getting this info? They don't charge you for uniforms, vitran did that remember! Those leased uniforms you pay for every year.70-80 hours? Your full of s&#@!!!!! Working the dock- in the past we did just like conway, but you dont have to anymore. Pro books have different counts so you can sticker the right amount, I know you may be a little up there in years and its a hard concept to grasp.Now stop with all the b/s !!!

where are you getting this info? They don't charge you for uniforms, vitran did that remember! Those leased uniforms you pay for every year.70-80 hours? Your full of s&#@!!!!! Working the dock- in the past we did just like conway, but you dont have to anymore. Pro books have different counts so you can sticker the right amount, I know you may be a little up there in years and its a hard concept to grasp.Now stop with all the b/s !!!

CT Uniforms if you quit within 1 year you do not have the option of giving them back, the pro-rated amount comes out of your last check. Vitrans Cintas uniforms are a perk from the company, you give them back at transition and may pay for the ones missing.

Mandatory Saturday work for all. CT is trying to dig themselves out overstuffed terminals. Maybe that transition should have been a little slower.

Since you seem to know a lot about CT, how about filling us in on the insurance. For those of us who have not crossed over to the dark side, we are still in the dark about it. Total lack of communication on one of the most important things in anybodies life these days.

Sorry Central don't work weekends,family's more important. What's the old saying" lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". I'm sure a lot of dedicated employee's will be more than happy to drop their plans for the weekend an put their families aside.

Sorry Central don't work weekends,family's more important. What's the old saying" lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". I'm sure a lot of dedicated employee's will be more than happy to drop their plans for the weekend an put their families aside.

Must just be for the Vitran, now CT employees to work this Saturday, since it was all the extra freight they brought with them and clogged their terminal.

Since you seem to know a lot about CT, how about filling us in on the insurance. For those of us who have not crossed over to the dark side, we are still in the dark about it. Total lack of communication on one of the most important things in anybodies life these days.

Little to no information to be had unfortunately. Ran by Cherokee insurance which one of Matty's companies. Has 3 options, low deductible, high deductible, very high deductible. Not widely accepted but you will find some smaller independent places who take it. Dental is best dental I ever seen. Pays great for checkups and cleanings, a lot of procedures are free, much more accepted. Price is high $125/wk or something for top of the line for family, down to around $45/wk for single guy. No website, gotta call the number to the place and they give ya the info and will send ya out a packet. I don't get it, I get it privately and get more coverage for the same price.