TForce | Possible Employment

Not sure I was interviewed for P&D for Rhinelander,WI. I'll let you know if I find anything out. Still waiting to get the word.

Anybody have any thoughts on when or if they might hire in Kansas City? I'm a Roadway driver hoping to jump off the Zollars Titanic before it hits the iceberg. I know I will start as a sleeper driver, but March 1st I will be forced on one anyway and UPS Freight looks to have better trucks and a MUCH better future for its drivers. pm's are ok too. Thanx in advance.

I have no idea when they will start hiring - I am laid off from the terminal in Kansas City and they have not called me back yet. Will post when they do.

Well, I went in for my interview today and was sent home.
The TM wasn't there. Was told that one of the night supervisors had a heart attack (hope he's going to be OK) and the TM is working his spot for a while. I guess I will set around and pester everyone on truckingboards untill I hear from the TM.

Well, I went in for my interview today and was sent home.
The TM wasn't there. Was told that one of the night supervisors had a heart attack (hope he's going to be OK) and the TM is working his spot for a while. I guess I will set around and pester everyone on truckingboards untill I hear from the TM.

TM does the interview? I thought it was the HR person :popcorn:

AN agility test is when they put you they excerises step up and down boxes walk a tread mill all while hookup to a heart monitor. Had one in 97 when I started working for canada dry should have run then.

What the heck is an agility test? Is that a driving test?

Yellow gives their drivers a test that consists of lifting so much weight with your arms & legs.Being able to stand on one leg,doing so many sit-ups,& cranking a resistance machine with your hands(Kinda like peddling a bike with your hands). They do that the first day your brought in. I was wondering if UPSF does the same

I would like to know why UPS Freight would hire when they have so many people sitting home because of not having freight. I haven't worked since last Thursday and I'm a road driver in Pennsylvania.

I would like to know why UPS Freight would hire when they have so many people sitting home because of not having freight. I haven't worked since last Thursday and I'm a road driver in Pennsylvania.

This is just my opinion...I think their planning on YRC going under and are preparing for the fallout.. again that is just my opinion

I'm not understanding what you meen there is more to it than that. UPSF has a marketing partner deliver points in wisconsin they don't cover. Now implementing these zone positions will allow UPSF to deliver there freight in these areas, this will require hiring new drivers.

They are hiring because they are expanding their coverage area in the upper midwest

I'm not understanding what you meen there is more to it than that. UPSF has a marketing partner deliver points in wisconsin they don't cover. Now implementing these zone positions will allow UPSF to deliver there freight in these areas, this will require hiring new drivers.

Your original statement is that they are expanding in the Midwest..I'm not in the Midwest, I'm in the South and being interviewed as well , so that would not pertain to me unless they are expanding here to. I have not had my interview yet, so I can't say if they are or not. I believe they are preparing for YRC to fall. As I said in my original post that is Just My Opinion

Best of luck to you

Well, if that is the case and they are preparing to be able to absorb a big influx of freight as seemlessly as possible,,,,, then what are they going to do if it doesnt work out that way,,lay-off god knows how many before they even get a chance to start work?