TForce | Possible Employment

Is it only premium members now that get to have a picture up? Taking everything away. Pretty soon it will be a members only club.

Well, if that is the case and they are preparing to be able to absorb a big influx of freight as seemlessly as possible,,,,, then what are they going to do if it doesnt work out that way,,lay-off god knows how many before they even get a chance to start work?

That's the million dollar question..I do believe UPS to be to smart for that..They didn't get to be where they are by playing hunches..But I don't know the answer to that one

Your original statement is that they are expanding in the Midwest..I'm not in the Midwest, I'm in the South and being interviewed as well , so that would not pertain to me unless they are expanding here to. I have not had my interview yet, so I can't say if they are or not. I believe they are preparing for YRC to fall. As I said in my original post that is Just My Opinion

Best of luck to you

Hey Johnny, what location are you being interviewed?

Johnny, You wouldnt happen to be triing to get on at Sav Ga. ? Just wondering I heard they added a bunch of Road Runs.

Yes, UPSF has quite a few drivers laid off, don't know why they don't let the drivers that are laid off transfer to these new positions till things get straightened out.

Well, I went in for my interview today and was sent home.
The TM wasn't there. Was told that one of the night supervisors had a heart attack (hope he's going to be OK) and the TM is working his spot for a while. I guess I will set around and pester everyone on truckingboards untill I hear from the TM.

Wow, what is going on in the UPSF system. A top supervisor in SOH had a heart attack @ work this week.

Lot of pressure . I'm thinking that alot of the freight companies are betting on YRC closing. Not going to mention names here . I think that alot of companies are doing this hoping to try and scare customers away from YRC. You see it's slow out there. Companies are trying to get freight anyway they can.
Who ever said fright was a CLEAN business .
There will be more layoffs from other companies IF YRC stays around ,some that have never laid off before . Just my 2 cents here . Hope you don't mind me .
I'm laid off from another carrier with no chance of a recall .

Wow, what is going on in the UPSF system. A top supervisor in SOH had a heart attack @ work this week.

Well, Heck Yeah, Pay FREEZE, no BONUS, People getting Layed Off, and the ones left are filling greivences on you left and right, because your working them too much, not enough or not letting them take a day off. Heck, I'd have a heart attack too.:biglaugh:

Cant help you Johnny,
Sav is non union. They have cut runs out of Gaffney and Orlando from my understanding and are hiring off the street to run Sav drivers to Gaf pick up there then move back to Sav another Sav driver then moves to Orlando or meets a Miami Driver. I have heard 7 being hired for Sav. If any others know of this. post.. If I am incorrect about this . Sorry for passing on misinformation. I dont work out of any of these SC but do work this region. Mid Atlantic. Just passing on info I have heard out of 042.

I think I talked with you on the phone a couple of times. Conference call with greg{springfield} and Bill in k.c.

I think it has to do with bending, squatting, lifting etc. Physical stuff.
I had to do that prior to enter the USMC. It might be something to do with the Parcel side of UPS.
They can also make you do some hand/eye coordination tests. (putting little pegs from one board with holes in, over to another board with holes in it) Checks for arthritis, etc.

How can you break inbound trailers and load peddle runs out of their package centers? No forklifts either.
They call these situations, satellite terminals. Many of the LTL companies have these. They will leave a trailer in a parking lot, permanently. That empty trailer becomes the terminal, so to speak. They load the P/D run for that area as accurate as possible at a domicile terminal. Some of these companies have a lightweight aluminum loading ramp (dock plate) to put between two trailers that are backed up to each other. That way the satellite driver can jump freight across from trailer to trailer when required. Any heavy freight that can not be moved with a pallet jack, gets left on the rear of the trailer, so the satellite driver won't have to move it with his/her pallet jack. It does take a little extra coordination to be efficient doing these satellite operations, but it saves on having the expense of a building.
Each evening when the line haul driver drops the next days P&D load, he/she hooks on to the previous days empty and takes it back to the terminal.
My guess is that they will use UPS package centers parking lots to shuttle UPS Freight's freight from trailer to trailer. And maybe even have a forklift at the package center to make it more convenient. Not to mention, if they use a package center parking lot to do the switching, there would usually be someone there to help the freight person if needed.
These situations are common up here in the boonies. Hope this makes sense.

there isnt any switching freight on trailers. hub loads its like a city, linehaul moves it and the city zone driver then delivers. and they are package yards.

there isnt any switching freight on trailers. hub loads its like a city, linehaul moves it and the city zone driver then delivers. and they are package yards.
Yep. I was just explaining that this isn't uncommon in the LTL world. Most companies don't have a "package yard" to use, so they use a empty trailer as a terminal, in a parking lot, for any emergencies. Some of the big city folks would never know about these satellites. Just trying to give them a little example.:1036316054: