Holland | Possible new hire, about to have an interview with Holland, questions.....

Even with the give backs I have a few friends running linehaul at Holland doing 70+ with outstanding insurance. Good Luck
Yep. The problem is that everyone else working the same hours or running the same miles is knocking down $85,000 +.

Throw in the black cloud that hangs over your head every day, and I would recommend looking elsewhere.

And what do you think about making Holland a 30 year prospect for a new hire?
It might be the best gig available for some depending on where they live. Regardless we can't wish it was the same as it used to be, it's not.

And what do you think about making Holland a 30 year prospect for a new hire?
Leaning towards Holland its been good getting different perspectives because I'd like to have as much info as I can when choosing, I have clean driving record and experienced just gathering info thank ya'll for input, you too ABFer, talked with ABF and they only have casual pt driver/dock for now and wanted fulltime.

Leaning towards Holland its been good getting different perspectives because I'd like to have as much info as I can when choosing, I have clean driving record and experienced just gathering info thank ya'll for input, you too ABFer, talked with ABF and they only have casual pt driver/dock for now and wanted fulltime.
At least you have done your due diligence in researching your move, congratulations on it and good luck wherever you end up.

Becareful coming over this time a year being on the bottom you can look at getting laid off of linehaul in another month or so you will have to work the dock ive been here aprox 4 months and the only good thing is ins. And the only way i can see at making the money is to go out every sunday night and working 7 days a week which is not good if you like your family if you can get on with another ltl i would or just use this place as a stepping stone until someone better hires in your area
This coming fro. A new guys perspective and not a lifer just becareful

YOUR INSURANCE IS NOT FREE!!!!!
15% OF YOUR CHECK GONE EVERY WEEK!!
60G A YEAR MINUS 15%=$9000. So your health benefits cost you $9000 a yr.
72G a year minus 15%=$10,800
$10800 for health insurance.
So at 60g a yr your 15% is $173 per week so if you can find another place with better stability,equipment and mgmt that pays more but you have to pay a Lil for health insurance I'd go to that company. Our Union leadership is weak and as JR said freight is only 3% of membership but 97% of his headaches.

YOUR INSURANCE IS NOT FREE!!!!!
15% OF YOUR CHECK GONE EVERY WEEK!!
60G A YEAR MINUS 15%=$9000. So your health benefits cost you $9000 a yr.
72G a year minus 15%=$10,800
$10800 for health insurance.
So at 60g a yr your 15% is $173 per week so if you can find another place with better stability,equipment and mgmt that pays more but you have to pay a Lil for health insurance I'd go to that company. Our Union leadership is weak and as JR said freight is only 3% of membership but 97% of his headaches.
How can you miss a 15% pay cut if you never had in the first place as a new hire? Our leadership is weak and our membership will be weaker if all the disgruntled current members keep bashing the union. Keep Union dirty laundry in house not for non unions to see. If we ever turn this ship around which I pray we do. We won't be able to organize in trucking and other blue collar industries if all they hear is the negative side. I'm just saying clean house within and you will have other companies willing to join.

ABF will make you wait 2 years for 1 week of Vacation. They can offer you no more in a pension benefit because they are in CSPF also. They have the same healthcare plan we do. Their work rules are also different, and many who left Holland with Seniority, regret going there.

If you tie your decision to what the opinions are on truckingboards, you would not work at any ltl. Except maybe Old Dominion, those guys are scared to express their opinions. The one who used to drive for Holland , who always likes a good bash Holland thread, will never say a cross word about OD, yet would love the opportunity at a good Union job like a UPS feeder driver. I don't think UPS hires 36 year old puddy cats though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ABF will make you wait 2 years for 1 week of Vacation. They can offer you no more in a pension benefit because they are in CSPF also. They have the same healthcare plan we do. Their work rules are also different, and many who left Holland with Seniority, regret going there.

If you tie your decision to what the opinions are on truckingboards, you would not work at any ltl. Except maybe Old Dominion, those guys are scared to express their opinions. The one who used to drive for Holland , who always like a good bash Holland thread, will never say a cross word about OD, yet would love the opportunity at a good Union job like a UPS feeder driver. I don't think UPS hires 36 year old puddy cats though.

Yeah, I'm terrified. Never worked at Holland, I'm not wasting my time on 15% for my healthcare and 25% pension. If I'm going Union I'm going all the way, unlike a wannabe like you.

What are you terrified about? You must be skittish. I didn't know I was referring to you, or maybe you just feel guilty.

A 36 year old interested in a feeder UPS job? That's who I identified as. I'm not an idiot, and you're still butthurt because you got banned for acting an ass toward me. So you're still holding a grudge I see.

Yeah, I'm terrified. Never worked at Holland, I'm not wasting my time on 15% for my healthcare and 25% pension. If I'm going Union I'm going all the way, unlike a wannabe like you.
It is kinda funny you wanting, or fantasizing about a UPS feeder job though. LMFAO

A 36 year old interested in a feeder UPS job? That's who I identified as. I'm not an idiot, and you're still butthurt because you got banned for acting an ass toward me. So you're still holding a grudge I see.
Ok, so maybe you never worked at Holland, why spend so much time here? And why not express the values of a good UNION job, like a UPS feeder driver job to your OD buddies, on the OD forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why because you're afraid I'll get one before you? Jealous AND bitter, great combo hoss.

I am not looking for a move, but I do congratulate my Union brothers, who made the move to a better UNION job. I may not agree with them all the time, but if they are UNION, they are still my brothers.