Holland | Possible takeover???

It don’t really matter what happens. The way I figure it, buyouts or mergers will happen whether I worry and complain it. I just hope that I have enough seniority to keep the same job. This progression of pay when you start over really blows. It needs to be taken out of the next contract, especially for members that already have time in the craft. As far as a merger or acquisitions, who knows? Maybe we all (all LTL companies) will be running around with paper signs duct taped to the door for easy access to change. I don’t care what color the truck is, paint them all one color and be done with it.

Have a great holiday weekend, mine starts today.
Later Stimpy

Did anyone see who the take over people are? DHL sticks in my mind for some reason..
This may only be a ploy because of contract time approaching.Wait and see and hold on for the ride boys.

Did anyone see who the take over people are? DHL sticks in my mind for some reason..
This may only be a ploy because of contract time approaching.Wait and see and hold on for the ride boys.

DHL would be my guess too. Then UPS buys ABF & after squeezing everyone else out the big 3 (UPS,DHL & FedEx) will battle it out.

Go ahead and keep laughing at Conway

We have literally about a half billion in cash reserves, Conway freight operates at about an 85 operating ratio, and Conway Inc operates at around a 90. The quarterly results for YRC in Transport Topics showed YRC losing a penny on the dollar the first quarter of this year, and they directly blamed it on USF Holland.

So keep laughing. Your days are numbered and we all know it. Yellow and Roadway may be here to stay, but USF is on it's way out.

The only difference is, i won't laugh at you since I have some very good friends that work over at Holland.

We have literally about a half billion in cash reserves, Conway freight operates at about an 85 operating ratio, and Conway Inc operates at around a 90. The quarterly results for YRC in Transport Topics showed YRC losing a penny on the dollar the first quarter of this year, and they directly blamed it on USF Holland.

So keep laughing. Your days are numbered and we all know it. Yellow and Roadway may be here to stay, but USF is on it's way out.

The only difference is, i won't laugh at you since I have some very good friends that work over at Holland.

Anyone that would laugh or find pleasure in a company going out doesn't even deserve a reply on this or any message boards.

Conway is a well run company and if it is for sale will no doubt bring a pretty high price.

Probably more than what UPS paid for Overnite. Just my guess.:1036316054:

Don't believe everything you read. We, at Holland, are covered up with freight. Drivers are coming from every where applying for a job, PJAX, Conway, FedEx..., our bottom man had a full-time job at Yellow since December and quit to return back on callback. Things are great at our place and maybe we will be sold off or put out of business but I really don't see it. Its the best job I've ever had, its not as good now since YRCW's takeover, but its still better than most other companies, in my opinion. Wish us luck.

DHL would be my guess too. Then UPS buys ABF & after squeezing everyone else out the big 3 (UPS,DHL & FedEx) will battle it out.

I didn't mean to start a pissing contest here by leaving Conway or anyone else out of the "big 3"....I was just speculating on what might happen if DHL was to buy YRC.

[U.S. trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW.O: Quote, Profile, Research could be a takeover target, with big truckers seeing the company as a "tempting asset play," BusinessWeek reported in its June 4 edition.]

Who knows, maybe R&L might takeover YRC & completely change the way the trucking industry is run.

right

I guess so,
when the slaves, ooops, I mean employees are paying for their benefits and your pension is taken away, your slave owners should be working at about a .50 operating ratio, and have much more than that in reserves. Oh yeah I saw that the Slave owners(conway )wants the border open to Mexican trucks. Maybe they will put a TACO BELL in all of your Slave Quarters (terminals ) for your new South of the Border Slaves that they plan to abuse(hire). OLA:smilie_132:

I would have half a billion in reserve to steal from my employees too; if I didn't pay them a good wage, or give them top notch benefits like USF does. As far as that goes, yellow/roadway is still around because they are sucking the life out of Holland, New Penn, and Reddaway.

Conway trys every day to take freight from Holland. Theyll get no pity from me, they are trying to put union lines out everyday so we will return the favor and take there freight its us or them brothers thats the way they look at it so thats the way i look at it. .Pride in the union pride in our company pride in our selfs.Remember what they did to CF.

Yes and thier employees will be casualties of thier wars.....My money is on those damn Germans in the clown outfits:hysterical: