Holland | Possible takeover???

Conway trys every day to take freight from Holland. Theyll get no pity from me, they are trying to put union lines out everyday so we will return the favor and take there freight its us or them brothers thats the way they look at it so thats the way i look at it. .Pride in the union pride in our company pride in our selfs.Remember what they did to CF.

From what I understand Yellow tries to take freight also from you guys. Especially the good paying freight. They are doing it around the midwest. Your demize will come from within. So watch and wait. You guys laughed at us when we lost our pension last year but watch and wait what pans out the next year. Lets see who is laughing then.

The bottom line is this business news article is just speculation,because Yellow has fallen on some short term hard times.

With the high fuel prices every trucking company is hurting.
If one of the other companys show slow growth,or a loss will some business reporter write something about them being ripe for a buy out?

Besides is any American company safe,to run their operation the way they think is the best,or they will be up on the chopping block if they don't do so good?

Is there really any security anymore working for any American company?

UPS might be one of the few that may be as safe as they can be because they are a global company,with little,or no debt.

Your only safety with them is do what they want you to do,the way they want you to do it,or your out the door.

From what I understand Yellow tries to take freight also from you guys. Especially the good paying freight. They are doing it around the midwest. Your demize will come from within. So watch and wait. You guys laughed at us when we lost our pension last year but watch and wait what pans out the next year. Lets see who is laughing then.

I didnt know there was any good paying freight left, the non union companys have cut the rate to the bone and we followed suit to keep the bussiness.As for the pension im not sure what your talking about, if your a Teamster youve got a pension.O and ill take my chances with the worlds largest FREIGHT co YRC.I dont wont anybody to go out of biz i just wont them to go union.Then the rate cutting will stop and we all can work from now on.

The bottom line is this business news article is just speculation,because Yellow has fallen on some short term hard times.

With the high fuel prices every trucking company is hurting.
If one of the other companys show slow growth,or a loss will some business reporter write something about them being ripe for a buy out?

Besides is any American company safe,to run their operation the way they think is the best,or they will be up on the chopping block if they don't do so good?

Is there really any security anymore working for any American company?

UPS might be one of the few that may be as safe as they can be because they are a global company,with little,or no debt.

Your only safety with them is do what they want you to do,the way they want you to do it,or your out the door.

It is slow for everybody right now but yrcw is the only one whose stock is tanking.

DayWalker you say if all the trucking companies were union the rate cutting will stop?
Did you know the original discounting started with the big three Teamster union LTL trucking companies right after the government deregulated the industry?

The big three at the time was Roadway number one,number two Yellow,and number three Consolidated Freightways.

Now I now this is a true fact I'm posting here.
I was a Teamster city driver working for a union LTL that couldn't survive operating with discounted rates.

The deregulation took place in 1980,my company went under in 1986,along with a lot of other union LTL's.
Back in the days when the freight rates were regulated there was around 3500 union LTL's now after all the discounting has gotten down so low,you can count the remaining union LTL's on one hand.
How sad is this?

So your statement about the rates,and union operations isn't something we can count on.

DayWalker you say if all the trucking companies were union the rate cutting will stop?
Did you know the original discounting started with the big three Teamster union LTL trucking companies right after the government deregulated the industry?

The big three at the time was Roadway number one,number two Yellow,and number three Consolidated Freightways.

Now I now this is a true fact I'm posting here.
I was a Teamster city driver working for a union LTL that couldn't survive operating with discounted rates.

The deregulation took place in 1980,my company went under in 1986,along with a lot of other union LTL's.
Back in the days when the freight rates were regulated there was around 3500 union LTL's now after all the discounting has gotten down so low,you can count the remaining union LTL's on one hand.
How sad is this?

So your statement about the rates,and union operations isn't something we can count on.
I herd Overnite gave the first discount.There were 3500 company because one day youve got twelve or fifteen hundred caseson the floor to break off 40 trucks a day. All freight moved though the system witch means alot of people had to handle it thats were the 3500 companys come from.Then on day its all gone companys had to start over.Instead of truck loads to break they had one sws or two or 50 boxs thats were ltl was born.And youre right it is sad.

Your right there DayWalker I started driving a city route,and working the dock for my first Teamster company in 1966.
Most everything was on the floor,stacked by hand up to the roof.
I tell the young drivers that whine about their loads I started before the skid was invented.
You did a lot of hand unloads,and hand pickups.
I remember taking all day at a Kodak warehouse to hand load a 45 foot trailer.

Its a lot easier working in the LTL industry now days.
Another invention was nice to come to trucking.
Its called power steering.
Yup life is good in this business now.

I for one don't and wouldn't laugh at anyone loosing pension or benefits. But I do wonder why you guys take abuse and don't do anything about it at Conway. You guys sure sound like you want to see us go but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. Now you better get some rest, your restrooms at work will probably need cleaning when you start your next shift and your waiting for the linehaul load to get there and the slaveowners are keeping you busy while waiting, or maybe the weeds out front might need pulling while you wait.:biglaugh:

We have literally about a half billion in cash reserves, Conway freight operates at about an 85 operating ratio, and Conway Inc operates at around a 90. The quarterly results for YRC in Transport Topics showed YRC losing a penny on the dollar the first quarter of this year, and they directly blamed it on USF Holland.

So keep laughing. Your days are numbered and we all know it. Yellow and Roadway may be here to stay, but USF is on it's way out.

The only difference is, i won't laugh at you since I have some very good friends that work over at Holland.

you must have the USF and conjob threads mixed up.......go on back to your dock office and keep saying yes sir, no sir.......what else can i do for you today........can i wash your car while we wait on freight.......cuz when i go past your yard in Allentown it looks like the wild west.......a ghost town.......just remember one thing when you wash that supervisors car......wax on, wax off.....:butt kiss:

thats a good one, you guys laughed at us when we lost our pension.......and we still stuck around.............imagine that.......still stuck around, lol..........and i thought i was gifted...........:hysterical: ......hey as fast and as crazy as you guys drive you should be able to catch that pension..........you did say you lost it........

I didn't mean to start a pissing contest here by leaving Conway or anyone else out of the "big 3"....I was just speculating on what might happen if DHL was to buy YRC.

[U.S. trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW.O: Quote, Profile, Research could be a takeover target, with big truckers seeing the company as a "tempting asset play," BusinessWeek reported in its June 4 edition.]

Who knows, maybe R&L might takeover YRC & completely change the way the trucking industry is run.
I don't know why anybody got upset, you were 100 percent correct in your statement. Conway, R&L or even ABF isn't big enough to hang with the BIG 3 DOGS.
1. UPS 2. FedEx 3. YRCW 4. DHL Americas 5. Ryder 6. Con-Way 7. Penske 8. Schneider 9. Swift 10. J B Hunt... 17. ABF 19. Estes 28. Averitt 31. R&L 60. Vitran. (http://www.ttnews.com/tt100/2006/TT100For-Hire9-19.pdf)

I don't know why anybody got upset, you were 100 percent correct in your statement. Conway, R&L or even ABF isn't big enough to hang with the BIG 3 DOGS.
1. UPS 2. FedEx 3. YRCW 4. DHL Americas 5. Ryder 6. Con-Way 7. Penske 8. Schneider 9. Swift 10. J B Hunt... 17. ABF 19. Estes 28. Averitt 31. R&L 60. Vitran. (http://www.ttnews.com/tt100/2006/TT100For-Hire9-19.pdf)

Even by gouging out the employee pensions or not even giving them one- they still can't hang!

We have literally about a half billion in cash reserves, Conway freight operates at about an 85 operating ratio, and Conway Inc operates at around a 90. The quarterly results for YRC in Transport Topics showed YRC losing a penny on the dollar the first quarter of this year, and they directly blamed it on USF Holland.

So keep laughing. Your days are numbered and we all know it. Yellow and Roadway may be here to stay, but USF is on it's way out.

The only difference is, i won't laugh at you since I have some very good friends that work over at Holland.
Wait a minute Opsman, the operating ratio's you are speaking of may have been true in the 90's for conway, but conways operating ratio has not faired as well in recent years, they have been up and down just like everyone else, further more if conway is such the cat's meow, why did conway shaft their employee's on their so called pension plan! Sounds like conway was trying to rob peter to pay paul, perhaps to beef up those operating ratios to make shareholders happy.

Yellowized

You guys have to guys to blame that you are no longer the Big Dutch Fleet and another one of the also rans.PN and DVD.One no longer with the company and one hidden away in a staff job where he can do no damage.Too bad, was one of the best companies of all time and now has lost all of its "culture" . Put the blame where it belongs.

Covered up with freight

Benny Hill- Instead of being covered up with freight, you guys should start delivering it.If things are so good how come Zollars threw Holland under the bus in the 1st quarter conference call.When they hire all those guys from PJAX etc. Are they telling them about the underfunded pension?

You guys have to guys to blame that you are no longer the Big Dutch Fleet and another one of the also rans.PN and DVD.One no longer with the company and one hidden away in a staff job where he can do no damage.Too bad, was one of the best companies of all time and now has lost all of its "culture" . Put the blame where it belongs.

Did you ever learn basic english or spelling? You post looks like Jethro Bodine with his 6th grade education helped you with your post. Or maybe thats the way you talk like you have something in your mouth and you are trying to talk around it like you do when you and the boss are alone. Quit eating sour grapes and go on back to the non union board.:butt kiss:

Covered up with freight

Unionman- When hit with the truth, and the understanding is limited, many resort to namecalling and insults.Spent more years with Holland than you will ever see my friend.When you apply at Saia you will remember Jethro Bodine.Seems to me he came from your neck of the woods.