Holland | Possible takeover???

Dirtball - Did not see one thing in the rules prohibiting the truth.

Let me help you a little since you seem to have a reading problem.

RULE #1 Truckingboards is a friendly place, treat people with respect, posts made to antagonize others or just plain mean spirited posts will get you banned from Truckingboards, conduct yourself in an adult manner, Truckingboards wants your participation but constant troublemakers will be removed from Truckingboards

RULE#14 This site is not intended for stupid childish games or false information... If you can't give an honest answer to a post then don't give one at all

RULE#7 No calling out my Moderators in a public forum, if you have a beef with a Mod, take it to pm, Truckingboards staff decisions are final, if you are not happy with a decision you can always find another website to post on.

No reply necessary.

Proud to work at Holland-- Stimpy

I too am 'shoe proud'.

It's the people who work here that make this a great company. The management team is mostly hired and trained to avoid labor problems. When you do have a problem file a grievance and let the machine do the work with no retaliation at all. What more could anyone want?

overnite was not the first not in the south. it was masom/dixon and it was10 percent our people at cf cry like babies saying they never sell like that and we were one of the last here to give it and we gone now all union will not stop it only stoping deregulation will that and that not going to happen and i don't think it was the big three that start it it was the shortline carriers first they had the money to ride it out they hoped

overnite was not the first not in the south. it was masom/dixon and it was10 percent our people at cf cry like babies saying they never sell like that and we were one of the last here to give it and we gone now all union will not stop it only stoping deregulation will that and that not going to happen and i don't think it was the big three that start it it was the shortline carriers first they had the money to ride it out they hoped

This sounds like there is something important to say. Although I can't even try to figure out where the periods and commas go.

I too am 'shoe proud'.

It's the people who work here that make this a great company. The management team is mostly hired and trained to avoid labor problems. When you do have a problem file a grievance and let the machine do the work with no retaliation at all. What more could anyone want?

Bigrobb, our management is hired and trained to CREATE labor problems:Bondage: :hissyfit: :thumbsdown:

DayWalker you say if all the trucking companies were union the rate cutting will stop?
Did you know the original discounting started with the big three Teamster union LTL trucking companies right after the government deregulated the industry?

The big three at the time was Roadway number one,number two Yellow,and number three Consolidated Freightways.

Now I now this is a true fact I'm posting here.
I was a Teamster city driver working for a union LTL that couldn't survive operating with discounted rates.

The deregulation took place in 1980,my company went under in 1986,along with a lot of other union LTL's.
Back in the days when the freight rates were regulated there was around 3500 union LTL's now after all the discounting has gotten down so low,you can count the remaining union LTL's on one hand.
How sad is this?

So your statement about the rates,and union operations isn't something we can count on.

The indusrty's very first discount program was started by Yellow. It was the "Gimme 5" Program where if you gave the Yellow driver 5 bills you got a 15% discount. In fact Yelow driver had a button that said "Gimme 5"

They started it and not it may kill them...

LTL trucking discounts have just about tanked out.
I've seen 85%off,that only leaves 15% to haul freight.
But most of these companies that are offering these huge discounts,are getting some of the money back by whats known as .
Now I'm not sure of the spelling of this term,but I'll try it,and hope you know what I'm talking about.

Ascesorial.
I know this isn't how its spelled.
But anyways the LTL companies have these extra charges they can tack on to make more money.
Like so much per case for hand sorting,onto customers pallets.
The ones that really get wacked with extra charges,are people like us.
Residential deliveries can really ad up.
The trucking company can charge for making the phone call to set up an appoinment,also theirs a private resident charge,and if theres a lift gate required for unloading they can charge extra to provide that service.

If all of these LTL weren't making any money because of their deep discounting,they'd have to shut down their operation.
Companies are in this industry to make money.
I don't think any of them are doing it for a hobby.

APO,you forgot the big one The "fuel surcharge"which is added to the bill after the discount is applied,depending on the volume of the shipper will determine the percentage of the surcharge..I am sure F.O.T F. can clarify this for me..But your right these companies are in it for the money.they can only lose for so long or it will be so long for them ....

LTL trucking discounts have just about tanked out.
I've seen 85%off,that only leaves 15% to haul freight.
But most of these companies that are offering these huge discounts,are getting some of the money back by whats known as .
Now I'm not sure of the spelling of this term,but I'll try it,and hope you know what I'm talking about.

Ascesorial.
I know this isn't how its spelled.
But anyways the LTL companies have these extra charges they can tack on to make more money.
Like so much per case for hand sorting,onto customers pallets.
The ones that really get wacked with extra charges,are people like us.
Residential deliveries can really ad up.
The trucking company can charge for making the phone call to set up an appoinment,also theirs a private resident charge,and if theres a lift gate required for unloading they can charge extra to provide that service.

If all of these LTL weren't making any money because of their deep discounting,they'd have to shut down their operation.
Companies are in this industry to make money.
I don't think any of them are doing it for a hobby.
Ive seen 90%-92% discounts from the under cut king OD.One of there drivers told me there thinking is (its better to make a little than nothing).Lomax gave a meeting friday and told us the average discount today is 81% industry wide.I ask how much deeper will it go, he said hes not sure.Watch out for those guys ive caught more than one of there drivers writing down info from other carryers BOL's.I told them if i caught them writing down info from my BOL theres going to be a fight.They try to take our freight guys we better be trying to take theres.

I picked up a 270 skid class 150 from a mom & pop outfit that was being returned to the manufacturer because the order had been cancelled. It was supposed to be shipped prepaid. ABF quoted mom & pop a freight charge of over $1200... m&p were able to talk the mfg into accepting the return collect so that their fak discount would apply & the charges would only be around $140.

All of these LTL companies had better stop running the freight discounts to low.
Because if they wind up with freight claims due to damage,or loss from someone at the origin not counting everything.
Then they will have moved it down the road for nothing,and also owed the shipper even more money to settle the claim.

I for one don't and wouldn't laugh at anyone loosing pension or benefits. But I do wonder why you guys take abuse and don't do anything about it at Conway. You guys sure sound like you want to see us go but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. Now you better get some rest, your restrooms at work will probably need cleaning when you start your next shift and your waiting for the linehaul load to get there and the slaveowners are keeping you busy while waiting, or maybe the weeds out front might need pulling while you wait.:biglaugh:
man i couldnt have said it better unionman!

All of these LTL companies had better stop running the freight discounts to low.
Because if they wind up with freight claims due to damage,or loss from someone at the origin not counting everything.
Then they will have moved it down the road for nothing,and also owed the shipper even more money to settle the claim.

Not all ltl companies have a high claim ratio.