Central Transport | Post no complaints?

Not_wanted

TB Veteran
Credits
I do not consider myself to be a religious person per sa, but for one day, being Christmas, I wish we could all stop complaining on December 25, 2012.

We have a job (crack the jokes, but the checks still cash), life, liberty, family, and friends.

I do not know all your colors, races, or religions,,,,,,,, so to all...........

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my Vitran Bother's and sisters........... FROM NOT_WANTED

As being born and not hatched as some have accused me, I should say Merry Christmas, but, I am tolerant as to to other's beliefs.

For those that cannot find one day of a year to be nice.........:fingure:

I do not consider myself to be a religious person per sa, but for one day, being Christmas, I wish we could all stop complaining on December 25, 2012.

We have a job (crack the jokes, but the checks still cash), life, liberty, family, and friends.

I do not know all your colors, races, or religions,,,,,,,, so to all...........

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my Vitran Bother's and sisters........... FROM NOT_WANTED

As being born and not hatched as some have accused me, I should say Merry Christmas, but, I am tolerant as to to other's beliefs.

For those that cannot find one day of a year to be nice.........:fingure:
I can do that, in fact its a very good idea. And I support it 100%

As I have said many times before...We all can agree that someday we are going to die. So we need to stop acting as if we are not...No one lives forever...In todays world the average human being lives approx. 70.000 hours. When you break it down like that I think you get a better perspective. So having said that its seems that we could learn to humble ourselves, learn not to be so arrogant and self-absorbed. In the big picture 70.000 hours is not along time..But thats all we got...Better get it right...Find peace with God my brothers...Whatever you conceive him to be..Know that family is truly the most important thing in this life. And man once wrote this.....What will matter is not your competence, but your character. What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when your gone. What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you. What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what. What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built. Not what you received but what you gave. What will matter is not your success but your significance. WHAT WILL MATTER IS NOT WHAT YOU LEARNED BUT WHAT YOU TAUGHT...May peace be with you..Merry Xmas and Happy New Year my Vitran Brothers

Last edited by a moderator:
I just showed my post to the Mrs..... she almost fell on the floor laughing about the last line and finger.... says "yep, that sounds like you for sure"

As I have said many times before...We all can agree that someday we are going to die. So we need to stop acting as if we are not...No one lives forever...In todays world the average human being lives approx. 70.000 hours. When you break it down like that I think you get a better perspective. So having said that its seems that we could learn to humble ourselves, learn not to be so arrogant and self-absorbed. In the big picture 70.000 hours is not along time..But thats all we got...Better get it right...Find peace with God my brothers...Whatever you conceive him to be..Know that family is truly the most important thing in this life. And man once wrote this.....What will matter is not your competence, but your character. What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when your gone. What will matter is not your memories, but the memories of those who loved you. What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what. What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built. Not what you received but what you gave. What will matter is not your success but your significance. WHAT WILL MATTER IS NOT WHAT YOU LEARNED BUT WHAT YOU TAUGHT...May peace be with you..Merry Xmas and Happy New Year my Vitran Brothers

Dammit trainman, you just made me weep like a baby. As Tiny tim said, "God bless us everyone".

Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else. Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed. Your grudges, resentments, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear. So too, your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do list will expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away. It won't matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on. It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.......The only thing that matters is family...Teach your children well. This stays in line with this blog...of giving one day to be at peace. It may have philosophical approach...perhaps a religious core to some degree. But it is the holidays...so cut me some slack..Even if you don't truly get it.

Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else. Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed. Your grudges, resentments, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear. So too, your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do list will expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away. It won't matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on. It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant. Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.......The only thing that matters is family...Teach your children well. This stays in line with this blog...of giving one day to be at peace. It may have philosophical approach...perhaps a religious core to some degree. But it is the holidays...so cut me some slack..Even if you don't truly get it.

Agree 100% runawaytrain. I think everyone here does agree, how could you not. My oldest boys pa in law dropped over dead yesterday right in front of him and his wife. He was healthy, no previous issues, just a tad overweight but gone from an apparent heart attack at the age of 55. They tried CPR but to no avail. Live every day as if it was your last day.

Agree 100% runawaytrain. I think everyone here does agree, how could you not. My oldest boys pa in law dropped over dead yesterday right in front of him and his wife. He was healthy, no previous issues, just a tad overweight but gone from an apparent heart attack at the age of 55. They tried CPR but to no avail. Live every day as if it was your last day.
I'm so sorry for your loss. "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal" Albert Pike

My wife told me to stop with the religious statements...This is not a religious forum...Sorry men...I will move on from things that have no business on this forum.
Sometimes I get consumed with things. And for that I'm sorry.

That's quite alright,train. I, for one, enjoy your posts. You remind me of the grandfather I never had. Besides--I've been married for 32 years and have secretly learned that my wife is not always right either.

You are trying in your own way to explain the way things happen. Tell the Mrs thanks for the input and concern, but what you are posting would only offend an atheist, anyone short of that knows where you are coming from and trying to say, no problem from my end with your postings

Condolences from my family to yours and his. It is never easy to deal with, but, even worse this time of the year.

Oh, I say it to her all the time, Train. Problem is, she is 60 like me but she needs a hearing aid. No harm, no foul, no broken bones. :woot2:
Selective hearing my brother...We men are famous for that...Nag..Nag..Nag..When she starts in...I tune out...Whats frustrating for me is most the time she is right, and I just don't want to hear it. I put my foot in my mouth all the time...Lets face it men...They are just smarter than us on most things...She can't drive a damn truck however, so I got her on that one.