Central Transport | Post no complaints?

She always gives me just enough room to hang myself...Then rips my head off...But what can I say?? I love her...And she always has my best interest at heart...But off that subject...Its snowing here in Dallas and I know the roads will be a mess in the morning and traffic will be horrible. I must drive almost 50 miles to work so I'm a bit concerned. I wonder if I would get paid for the holidays if I choose not to make that drive. I know the day before and the day after policy...And I know its possible they may not run....I must leave by 5AM ...So I'm a bit at a loss...I dont know when they will make the call not to run...I hate to drive all that way and then they decide not to run..How would you guys handle this?

She always gives me just enough room to hang myself...Then rips my head off...But what can I say?? I love her...And she always has my best interest at heart...But off that subject...Its snowing here in Dallas and I know the roads will be a mess in the morning and traffic will be horrible. I must drive almost 50 miles to work so I'm a bit concerned. I wonder if I would get paid for the holidays if I choose not to make that drive. I know the day before and the day after policy...And I know its possible they may not run....I must leave by 5AM ...So I'm a bit at a loss...I dont know when they will make the call not to run...I hate to drive all that way and then they decide not to run..How would you guys handle this?
you will not get paid if you don't at least go to work and punch in. i would go in, punch time clock, leave yard in an attempt and turn back around if it's unsafe. call safety dept if your t.m. tries to bust your balz. if you don't go, that's two holiday days unpaid.

you will not get paid if you don't at least go to work and punch in. i would go in, punch time clock, leave yard in an attempt and turn back around if it's unsafe. call safety dept if your t.m. tries to bust your balz. if you don't go, that's two holiday days unpaid.
I was leaning that way, but I wanted someone else's opinion. I hate having to go over the TM'S head but my driving record is more important to me than pissing him off...I'm pretty certain he will say we need to keep things cleaned up. The bridges are already icing up. So it will be touch and go. But I will turn it around and punch out if I feel it's unsafe, after I call the safety dept. Thanks for your input

I agree with had enough all the way. I just hope you have a fuel efficient car if you are running 100 miles a day !

35 MPG........Its not that bad in good weather... My lifestyle dictates me living in the piney wood's of East Texas...Hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, paintball with the kids, horseback riding. I have a little acreage and a couple of little ponds. I love the simplicity that living in the country brings.

35 MPG........Its not that bad in good weather... My lifestyle dictates me living in the piney wood's of East Texas...Hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling, paintball with the kids, horseback riding. I have a little acreage and a couple of little ponds. I love the simplicity that living in the country brings.

My kind of guy you are runawaytrain. I live in the country as well, 5 acres and lots of deer, coyotes, rabbits etc. Not a hunter but hunters love me as I allow them to come over and kill bambie. Couple of go carts to run up and down the 900 foot driveway. Guess we can now start saying Happy New Year ! BTW , 35 mpg is darn good !

I would call in to see if someone is even there that time of the morning (our outbound man is in a 3am) if he says yes, then give 'er a try, if he says no, then I would just write off the couple of days and stay home and fun with the 4-wheelers on that long driveway. Who knows what kind of trouble you could get in going to and from work. I have fought snow in every state from Washington to maine, but that freezing rain and ice, i turn into a yellow belly, seen to many fatalities from that black ice, and did a 180 once with a unit,,, NEVER again.

remember it's your license, your life and your vehicle that's at stake. do what you thinks best for you. i want to post more but i'm sticking to the plan of no bad posts today. : )

You go in Train? 4-7 inches up here in northeast Indiana with 30-40 mph winds. Central Ind is alot worse. They already called off one of my other linehaul drivers, just waiting for my call. 3 days at home is enough. ALL those homemade cookies, homemade candies, the pies, leftovers....this little piggy is about to pop!

You go in Train? 4-7 inches up here in northeast Indiana with 30-40 mph winds. Central Ind is alot worse. They already called off one of my other linehaul drivers, just waiting for my call. 3 days at home is enough. ALL those homemade cookies, homemade candies, the pies, leftovers....this little piggy is about to pop!
They called us all and told us not to come in until 10. And I was Ok with that. Brought back half....Made very few pickups...Most customer's were closed...70 percent of all deliveries were returned to terminal...Linehaul pissed...not running Prescott Ark. tonight (Memphis) .....WOW!!! Up to 7 inches....The upside of Texas I suppose. Really don't have much of winter's bad weather. But the summer heat is a real beat down. Just weighed.....gained 3 pounds....I would say me and the old lady would work that off with good sex....But there is no need to start lying..

They called us all and told us not to come in until 10. And I was Ok with that. Brought back half....Made very few pickups...Most customer's were closed...70 percent of all deliveries were returned to terminal...Linehaul pissed...not running Prescott Ark. tonight (Memphis) .....WOW!!! Up to 7 inches....The upside of Texas I suppose. Really don't have much of winter's bad weather. But the summer heat is a real beat down. Just weighed.....gained 3 pounds....I would say me and the old lady would work that off with good sex....But there is no need to start lying..

Too funny runawaytrain, you are one honest man. Maybe you can run that three pounds off with bad sex rather than good sex as you said. Is there any such thing as "bad sex" ? Open ended question, look forward to the responses and keep in mind I am hetero boys LOL !

Think we ended up with 5 1/2", much worse in central Indiana. National news reported 11 1/2" south of Indianapolis. National Guard called out to rescue stranded motorists and to check on shut-ins. Our city drivers were called off 2 hours after they started. Closed our term. up here. Almost every other ltl co. ran their city peddle ops. in town. Talked to 2 other linehaul, they were told stay home, but could not get an answer at my term., so I "ass-u-me-d" we were not running tonight. Never did call Central Dispatch in Indy.

I understand not running in unsafe driving conditions...But the way they decide who runs and who doesn't when things get better is totally unfair..I won't go into that..It's not worth it...But right is right....and wrong is wrong...and you can't make a wrong right. Although they try.

we had bad weather a few years ago, our terminals around us closed but we still stood open til the last minute. some of our drivers drove in only to find out we were'nt running and most just called in. from my understanding it's determined by your terminal manager as far as the city pedal, don't know about linehaul.

And your Holiday pay was on the line. I asked one of my supers yesterday, if you take it off, you do not get paid for Monday/Tuesday. If they close, then it is called a work reduction and your holiday pay stays intact (or if you had already scheduled vacation time)

Think we ended up with 5 1/2", much worse in central Indiana. National news reported 11 1/2" south of Indianapolis. National Guard called out to rescue stranded motorists and to check on shut-ins. Our city drivers were called off 2 hours after they started. Closed our term. up here. Almost every other ltl co. ran their city peddle ops. in town. Talked to 2 other linehaul, they were told stay home, but could not get an answer at my term., so I "ass-u-me-d" we were not running tonight. Never did call Central Dispatch in Indy.

It trickeld down the line. Other midwest terminals are giving time off, already been called asking if I want to be one of the 50% P&D off today, our freight is stuck in Toledo, Indy, and that of course effects Chicago feeding us too. There is a good side, maybe Markham can use this free time to get their act together and get some of the backed up freight off their dock?