Estes | Post the estes express lines news!!!

pathfinder73929

TB Lurker
Credits
Please everyone let us know how bad the cuts are at your terminals as soon as you know. I haven't heard of anything at mine yet but I am sure they are coming. Good luck to everyone!

some city guys are asked to work the dock some days a week @ 164 nothing in line haul yet

Pathfinder!!! Cut 035 shop men back to no more than 8 hours a day. Found that out when I called to get my truck serviced.Can't send it tonight shop manager was already gone @4 pm.

No linehaul layoffs yet.We have had runs cut ,Fri. had all west & south cut to get layovers home.We have only 1 extraboard driver.The mechanics got their hours cut from 4-12 hour days to 4-10 hour days. Dock had hours cut then put back now unsure where they are at.P&D are on a day by day basis,good hours one day then short hours the next.They are asked to try to keep hours down.

6 gone in greeneville tn.
3 gone in lexington ky
3 gone in k-town....all these E/B linehaul, plus cut-backs on hourlys in all these

Revolving layoffs for P&D in my barn in the northeast. Call in day, every two weeks.. Most of the time, you go in..

I'm not trying to be smart legshot but what is a revolving lay-off? I've never heard that....and by the way your avatar cracks me up every time I see it...:hysterical:

Further news from 030. They got rid of our dockworkers # unknown. Took 2 city drivers moved them from city work to the dock. Kept our part time road driver.

I'm not trying to be smart legshot but what is a revolving lay-off? I've never heard that....and by the way your avatar cracks me up every time I see it...:hysterical:

Revolving Layoffs.... The P&D drivers have to call in two days a month according to the schedule. If it's slow, stay home. Usually there is a peddle to do though.

oh ok...ya we do that at my barn too, my brother-in-law is P&D here and he only misses a couple of work days a month. He still gets 40-45 pretty easy.

Revolving Layoffs.... The P&D drivers have to call in two days a month according to the schedule. If it's slow, stay home. Usually there is a peddle to do though.
CALL IN??? First I've heard of this,but everyone knows estes policy is stamped on rubber sheets:biglaugh::biglaugh:

CALL IN??? First I've heard of this,but everyone knows estes policy is stamped on rubber sheets:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well, here is how I see it... It seems like terminal to terminal discretion on how to ease back on hours. Remember, it's all in the numbers. If you are down on a bill count from the year prior, in that month, the hours have to match up. Same hours, with less bills = layoffs. If you layoff guys while things are slow during a hiring freeze, it may be like pulling teeth to get them replaced when things get busy again.

So my TM seems to be pulling this off very wisely, instead of a dummy who has a knee jerk reaction, and says, you four, beat it, your fired.:1036316054: Plus, we have a good crew, and he actually likes and respects us, and we work well together.

I knowwwwww, it seems out of the norm for alot of you Estes bashers, but here in the northeast, I have always been lucky to have the right people in charge, at the right times. That's why I've been here for ten years.:butt kiss:

Well, here is how I see it... It seems like terminal to terminal discretion on how to ease back on hours. Remember, it's all in the numbers. If you are down on a bill count from the year prior, in that month, the hours have to match up. Same hours, with less bills = layoffs. If you layoff guys while things are slow during a hiring freeze, it may be like pulling teeth to get them replaced when things get busy again.

So my TM seems to be pulling this off very wisely, instead of a dummy who has a knee jerk reaction, and says, you four, beat it, your fired.:1036316054: Plus, we have a good crew, and he actually likes and respects us, and we work well together.

I know, it seems out of the norm for a lot of you Estes bashers, but here in the northeast, I have always been lucky to have the right people in charge, at the right times. That's why I've been here for ten years.:butt kiss:

I agree with ya 100 per cent LegShot,I work with a bunch of good men we all started at the terminal around the same time and were all like a big seriously dysfunctional family,but we get it done every day.the only thing to do is stay positive and keep going.

Leg shot I agree with you. The only thing is there is no layoffs going around RIFs are what is going on. We are ok and did not loose anyone on linehaul. I do not know if this is the way it is going on in the east but out here in the red headed step brother part we are doing RIFs. And from what I am told it is pretty much done and over company wide. I am not saying some terminals are not going to have to catch up or cut some they tried to hang on to.

Leg shot I agree with you. The only thing is there is no layoffs going around RIFs are what is going on. We are ok and did not loose anyone on linehaul. I do not know if this is the way it is going on in the east but out here in the red headed step brother part we are doing RIFs. And from what I am told it is pretty much done and over company wide. I am not saying some terminals are not going to have to catch up or cut some they tried to hang on to.

Yes, we have a couple of dock guys, and P&D drivers who work at my barn for beer money. They have not been around lately... I know little about linehaul at Estes, or even how it works.. Oddly enough, there seems to be mostly LH guys on this board. I know the guys I used to see at 8:00 at night, I now see at 8:00 in the morning, and running empty on the weekends are over. But everyone is working, and families are being fed and insurance is being paid.