Holland | Post your lay-offs

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
6 got their layoff notice in Memphis Friday. All city men. And their still hiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 got their layoff notice in Memphis Friday. All city men. And their still hiring.

TM trying hard not to layoff in Atl because he knows they will probablly never be back.
Company offering cc daily except monday and friday.We really aren't that slow , inbound has fell off about 100 bills daily the last couple weeks.
We overhired and it's going to be difficult not to layoff if it gets any slower.
We also have over25 outbound casuals.

They wont layoff here because they love their part-timers too much to get rid of them first.

B*****t they should have stopped hiring in June let the work force we have then make it work a Tuesday thru Saturday is becoming normal now.

Yea Flash we went from 1200 OB bills per night to around 800 in about 1 month time. They cut out the large accounts that weren't paying, so they say.

Yea Flash we went from 1200 OB bills per night to around 800 in about 1 month time. They cut out the large accounts that weren't paying, so they say.
Is this another case where they are cutting out some customers that were contracted years ago under much lower rates, and they just wanted to get rid of them because of their freight no longer being profitable? They had done this years ago also. They let the customers go to the competition, then when they eventually came back, their rates were updated and much more profitable.
But knowing that they were going to do this, to hire new drivers just before this move is unethical in my opinion.

True. And I think I always will. Pride and loyalty isn't something that just disappears overnight with me.

Getting my letter on Friday... would rather not say what terminal. Have to find something...