Holland | Post your lay-offs

The newsletter says it all about the guys they are getting

273% increase in claims due to vehicle collisions
54% increase in bodily injury and property damage costs
42% increase in cargo claims

I wouldn't be too critical of newbies. LTL is an animal all its own and until new people (that have never worked LTL) get some experience with the game they will have a higher rate of injury and problems. Once they learn there is a reason you don't jump off the back of the truck or back down a residential driveway when a customer say, "Trucks back in here all the time," and other little tricks of the trade, there will be issues.

Don't fall into the "blame the victim" management mentality . . . If we had better, well main equipment, with working dock plates, and doors, many of these "issues" wouldn't be issues at all.

I wouldn't be too critical of newbies. LTL is an animal all its own and until new people (that have never worked LTL) get some experience with the game they will have a higher rate of injury and problems. Once they learn there is a reason you don't jump off the back of the truck or back down a residential driveway when a customer say, "Trucks back in here all the time," and other little tricks of the trade, there will be issues.

Don't fall into the "blame the victim" management mentality . . . If we had better, well main equipment, with working dock plates, and doors, many of these "issues" wouldn't be issues at all.
I don`t know about that I saw some pretty stupid stuff being done by casuals and"newbies"!

I don`t know about that I saw some pretty stupid stuff being done by casuals and"newbies"!

When I notice a newbie struggling I'll ask them, "How was your day?" When they pour out their problems I listen then say, "Never back down a residential driveway no matter how much the customer protests." Or if its a dock issue, I will offer to help them get the cold-roll steel off the trailer.

The point being is to suggest ways they can solve the problem. Who knows while helping a fellow brother with ideas you may discover a new friend who someday will help you.

The newsletter says it all about the guys they are getting

273% increase in claims due to vehicle collisions
54% increase in bodily injury and property damage costs
42% increase in cargo claims
problem seems to be that nobody gives a sh** any more , and it starts with the District manager & local TM & stupid-visors & drivers & pt-dock help , yrc has beat us down so many times and lied to us to get us to vote yes & then give a big bonus after a yes vote , what a slap in the face , so yeah claims are up because nobody cares any more , and before you all start to bad mouth me, this is just my opinion of what I see that goes on daily and you are entitled to you opinion of what the problem is too !!!!

:emoticon digging::violin:
problem seems to be that nobody gives a sh** any more , and it starts with the District manager & local TM & stupid-visors & drivers & pt-dock help , yrc has beat us down so many times and lied to us to get us to vote yes & then give a big bonus after a yes vote , what a slap in the face , so yeah claims are up because nobody cares any more , and before you all start to bad mouth me, this is just my opinion of what I see that goes on daily and you are entitled to you opinion of what the problem is too !!!!
What he said

Remember when their was training with experienced people before being turned loose ?
Training does not produce numbers today .......
I remember being educated as I was starting out by those old farts. Now I am one too...................
You know when a new person is struggling it would not hurt you one bit to move a few of the persons bills to help them out..Used to do it all the time screw the numbers...............