posted mass layoff 11/17.........

nosy nymph

TB Lurker
Credits
where is everyone......every one was boasting the fact that pennsauken 'won' over ms by voting NOway to pay cuts. Now what are we going to do?????Let's hear what you have to say about it now!!!!!!!! :nutkick:

Mass Layoff

Good question !!.. I guess they are not one of the (( 79 )) that were layed off.. Some of us didn't even have a say in the vote. Yet we have to suffer the fall out...Thanks they should all be real proud !!! :eck13:

All the yes votes from all the other terms. made it easy for ms. you should thank all of them. If everyone stood together maybe a different ending.

I don't work at NEMF but I pass that terminal everyday,How in the world is he going to cover all that area without costing more than the 5% percent. That seems like a pretty big terminal and a good amount of equipment.

All the yes votes from all the other terms. made it easy for ms. you should thank all of them. If everyone stood together maybe a different ending.

No no no. Don't you drag other terminals into Phillys mess or make other people who decided what they needed to do for their families feel bad or guilty for what Philly is facing now. Everyone got the same info from the company as to what was going on, and that plan a, the give back, was better than what plan b would be. It was up to each voter to decide what that could mean to them, then vote acordingly. We've got guys at my terminal that have come from 4 companies that were closed down on them, and feel very fortunate to have a full time job, health insurance and even plenty of OT. In speaking to these guys and hearing them speak to others as well, they didn't feel like 5% was enough of a loss to play chicken with the rest of their paycheck. I'm sure that's how most people looked at it at every terminal.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the Philly people, especially the ones who voted yes and the non union folks that got caught in the cross fire. But do I feel like it's my or any other terminal but Philly's fault. No.

No no no. Don't you drag other terminals into Phillys mess or make other people who decided what they needed to do for their families feel bad or guilty for what Philly is facing now. Everyone got the same info from the company as to what was going on, and that plan a, the give back, was better than what plan b would be. It was up to each voter to decide what that could mean to them, then vote acordingly. We've got guys at my terminal that have come from 4 companies that were closed down on them, and feel very fortunate to have a full time job, health insurance and even plenty of OT. In speaking to these guys and hearing them speak to others as well, they didn't feel like 5% was enough of a loss to play chicken with the rest of their paycheck. I'm sure that's how most people looked at it at every terminal.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the Philly people, especially the ones who voted yes and the non union folks that got caught in the cross fire. But do I feel like it's my or any other terminal but Philly's fault. No.

So what is going on at Philly now that they voted no?

Finally, I can say, "I told you so" to all the naysaying NO voters. You dont play chicken with a freight train during the worst economic climate in American history, next to the Great Depression.

Good luck, regardless...

It just goes to show you the p.o.s. that is Myron S. He is a greedy, greedy man and the whole industry knows it. He has no class and one day he will pay the ultimate price.

When all the other carriers jump on board and start exploiting his labor issues, just like he encourages his sales force to do to the competition.

What comes around, goes around and I hope that the NPME guys, as well as the former, Jevic, CF, Preston, Red Star guys who had to deal with his negative approach, use this to drive his beloved company into the ground.

He deserves everything he gets.

i couldnt agree more "frog"...KARMA has the final say...funny how all the supporters dont see whats really going on ....but they got MCARTNEY....lol

i couldnt agree more "frog"...KARMA has the final say...funny how all the supporters dont see whats really going on ....but they got MCARTNEY....lol

What is the difference between what YRC did, esp with new penn and what's going on here? Besides the obvious 10% I mean.

:eck13::eck13:
What is the difference between what YRC did, esp with new penn and what's going on here? Besides the obvious 10% I mean.

Hometowndummy, Don't you worry, only 5%, with plenty of OT, only 20 min a day of OT= our 5 %. it's not 15%, and we still have our Pension contribution that is STILL 100% FUNDED. And we will get our 5% back. Who is going to have the last LAUGH, he he,:eck13:

Well, I'm a road driver, so no ot. I'm not concerned about the 5% I still get my nearly 2800 miles a week, bills still getting paid and still some left over. The last 2 places I worked I'd have been laid off from one and the other company shut down their operations in my area.

All in all, it's not too bad to be me.