Yellow | Posting of on decison on DOT case

gopher

TB Lurker
Credits
All roadway terminals must post the decision of the case of cefalu vs. roadway as of july 10.to inform them of ther rights to make complanits of dot violations without fear of retribution.It must be posted for a time of 60 days were all drivers can see it.if it is not call these numbers an let them know.952-393-8836 or 651-454-5800.

How about getting it and posting it on here for all YRCW employees can see? It may be of help to others....KK

This thing would be more useful if it was required to be posted at ABF terminals since the Roadway labor relations guy,T.F.,who got his head handed to him at grievance and instigated the firing that precipitated this ruling, is no longer employed at Roadway but is now the labor relations guy at ABF in Carlisle, Pa. The ABF guys might like to know a little about this piece of work that they now have to deal with at grievance.

More fun stuff-----

FATIGUE HISTORY PRECEDENT

"I was too fatigued to accept a dispatch. I didn't see a reason to take that dispatch if I knew I couldn't make the trip. They were already disciplining me for taking a break en route that was due to fatigue. If I took another break en route, they were going to fire me.I knew I couldn't make it. I'd been up too long." -Willie W. Smith

Smith vs. Yellow Freight System Inc. 91- STA-45
DOT Regulation 392.3 provides:

"No driver shall operate a motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a motor vehicle, while the driver's ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him to begin or continue to operate the motor vehicle."

yellow freight system's lengthy history of STAA litigation

http://www.truckingsolutions.com/litigation.html
--
The site-

http://www.truckingsolutions.com/

"Amanda Cefalu and I are the attorneys for Peter P. Cefalu in a whistleblower proceeding brought against Roadway Express, Inc. pursuant to the employee protection provisions of the Surface Transportation Assistance Act.

Mr. Cefalu was successful in proceedings before the U. S. Department of Labor and was reinstated to his job and awarded back pay. The case is now before the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. On January 31, 2006, the Administrative Review Board of the U. S. Department of Labor ordered Roadway Express, Inc. to post a copy of the decision of the Honorable Daniel Leland in the case of Peter P. Cefalu v. Roadway, Inc. at all of its terminals for a period of 60 days. Roadway attempted to stay the Board's decision by filing motions with the Board and with the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Both tribunals denied the stay and Roadway is out of options to stop the posting.

Roadway's counsel, Thomas Posey, has indicated to me that Roadway terminals will begin posting the decision this Friday, July 7, and that the decision should be posted at all Roadway terminals by next Monday, July 10, 2006.

I would like to get the word out to Roadway drivers who can help me verify that Roadway is complying with the posting requirement by posting the decision the entire decision in a place where driver notices are customarily posted.

Thus, if it is posted behind glass then each sheet of Judge Leland's decision must be posted.

It is the intention of Mr. Cefalu and myself to hold Roadway's feet to the fire to make sure that Judge Leland's decision is posted at ALL ROADWAY TERMINALS for sixty days.

We cannot monitor Roadway's compliance unless we have some help. " TALK IT UP WITH OUR TEAMSTER BROTHER ROADWAY DRIVERS. If this decision is not being posted by "July 10, 2006, please let us know by contacting either Amanda Cefalu at 952-393-8836 or myself [Paul Taylor} at 651-454-5800.Thank you, Paul Taylor. Truckers Justice Center Cell: 651-454-5800 Office: 952-224-9166

screwy louiey said:
Posted @657, Norfolk,VA without mention from management.
Hey sl.....The posting went up at 671 without any fanfare either:biglaugh: From what I can gather Tom L****** is the guy that took the place of the labor rep. that botched this case!! I'm sorry that ABF picked this guy up, but you know what you guys are dealing with, now. DS.