Yellow | Posting of on decison on DOT case

it was posted at brooklyn ny, deer park ny and syosset ny
yeah it was sweet
the idiot labor relations guy t f got fired for losing it and of course ABF hired him

incidently the interest amount was 20% same as what the IRS charges for back taxes

Docksteward said:
I saw it posted on the breakroom board this afternoon. I will grab it and read it tomorrow. Thanks. DS.
Hay DS i am playing catch up on this but why was it posted in the DOCK BREAK ROOM? Relay is not down there....What a good place to comply with the judge and still not let drivers see it.... have you still got it? I want a copy if so.

Was it posted in relay?

Canadian said:
More fun stuff-----

FATIGUE HISTORY PRECEDENT

"I was too fatigued to accept a dispatch. I didn't see a reason to take that dispatch if I knew I couldn't make the trip. They were already disciplining me for taking a break en route that was due to fatigue. If I took another break en route, they were going to fire me.I knew I couldn't make it. I'd been up too long." -Willie W. Smith

Smith vs. Yellow Freight System Inc. 91- STA-45
DOT Regulation 392.3 provides:

"No driver shall operate a motor vehicle, and a motor carrier shall not require or permit a driver to operate a motor vehicle, while the driver's ability or alertness is so impaired, or so likely to become impaired, through fatigue, illness, or any other cause, as to make it unsafe for him to begin or continue to operate the motor vehicle."

yellow freight system's lengthy history of STAA litigation

http://www.truckingsolutions.com/litigation.html
--
The site-

http://www.truckingsolutions.com/
be careful this case after reading it had more to do with protected activity
it seems the labor guy got pissed that pete's statement submitted in another greivance hearing helped another driver beat his firing
so in retaliation they checked his employment application and claimed to find a lie and fired him for that
the administative law judge connected the two, found it to be too close in timing not to be connected thus "protected activity"

there are other cases on the site involving yellow, dealing with fatigue/ill drivers
i suggest everyone read as it seems to me that you have to be very careful how you go about claiming fatigue
it does not seem to be as easy to do as one might think
:sleep: :27: :baby: :sleep: