Estes | Power Pallet Jack Testing in Richmond

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
I understand that some of the Richmond terminal drivers are testing 6 different models of the electric pallet jacks similar to a manual jack. Wondering which make/model is the favorite one so far?

They quit making the old ones where you had a ledge at a corner to ride on standing on it.

All power jacks since those days is carefully designed to walk behind it. So it takes more time to set a pallet here there and yonder.

When they finally banned drivers from touching power anything, I changed to hauling medicines or other high dollar goods that are unloaded by the warehouse within the hour and I stay in the tractor for the bills.

That eliminated so much lost motion and wasted effort.

They quit making the old ones where you had a ledge at a corner to ride on standing on it.

All power jacks since those days is carefully designed to walk behind it. So it takes more time to set a pallet here there and yonder.

When they finally banned drivers from touching power anything, I changed to hauling medicines or other high dollar goods that are unloaded by the warehouse within the hour and I stay in the tractor for the bills.

That eliminated so much lost motion and wasted effort.
Times are changing. Maybe corporate would want to help keep drivers healthy and not out on work comp.

Times are changing. Maybe corporate would want to help keep drivers healthy and not out on work comp.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No offense sir, but you really got me laughing on that one. The flaw is within me in my dark humor mind.

Yes I have noticed a little change here and there. For example Walmart. If you are in a store you will NEVER see a staff sitting on ass pricing stuff. They would be summarily fired as it is not allowed to sit down on the job.