SAIA | pps on automated pay

Jack Knife

TB Veteran
Credits
every body should look at this, it shows how you will get payed. it's posted at the saia employee site

Online Documentation
LH Automated Pay Presentation

Found this Sunday. Pretty informative, I think. Seems that it is going to take a lot of human error and decision making out of the dalay-pay process. We'll see. Small pay raise for drop and hooks also.

i think it will screw me. i was on the yard in CLT for a total of 10-15 minutes tonight, including dropping and hooking. if i understand the new payscale correctly, on nights like tonight i will get screwed out of my drop pay. i need to re-read it to be sure.....but it didn't seem all good.

i think it will screw me. i was on the yard in CLT for a total of 10-15 minutes tonight, including dropping and hooking. if i understand the new payscale correctly, on nights like tonight i will get screwed out of my drop pay. i need to re-read it to be sure.....but it didn't seem all good.

You will receive your drop pay. The pay is figured on the basis that the average time for drop and hook for a van is 18 minutes, for a set of pups is 27 minutes, and for triples is 45 minutes. They will pay that amount of time. That is figured at the linehaul hourly rate ($20.80) x the number of minutes allotted. Van = $6.24, Pups = $9.36, Triples = $15.60

Those who pull triples will really see the greatest increase.

The rate will increase as our hourly rate increases.

If you are taking less time to drop and hook, then you actually come out ahead since you have less labor involved. Now if we could just get them to prehook those sets. :smilie_132:

It would be nice to hear from FON and NSH drivers since they were the first to use this.

One thing I'm gonna do is keep records and check back on the employee info site often to make sure there aren't any discrepancies.

One word of caution: If you have been arriving yourself early on the phone before your presence is actually at the destination point this is gonna get you, since delay time is calculated in part based on arrival times. This is especially dangerous at meet points since the other meet driver will lose delay pay by somebody arriving themselves early.:hide: